CRL Results

galaxydad

SILVER ELITE
What were the results of CRL games today? Understand it was in the mid 90's by game time. My buddies team beat Xplosion 9-0 in a loop sided game and heard Oxnard demolished Strikers South Coast.

What were the results of CRL games today? Understand it was in the mid 90's by game time. My buddies team beat Xplosion 9-0 in a loop sided game and heard Oxnard demolished Strikers South Coast.

LAGSD 03 Elite - Ritchie - 3
LAGSB 03 Elite - Crawford - 0

Xplosion had a red card at the end of the 1st half, game was 3-0 at that point. The card was a justified denial of a goal scoring opportunity, trip in final 3rd on a breakaway. Slammers Godinez field a physically large team, game tomorrow against LAG SD will be interesting as the last time they met during play-in it was close game.

WC and SD was a good clean game, SD missed a couple of goal scoring chances, one was a sitter. The 3-0 score is not indicative of how competitive that match was.

Slammers Godinez field a physically large team, game tomorrow against LAG SD will be interesting as the last time they met during play-in it was close game.

There's so many Galaxy teams now it's easy to get confused between them. I think Slammers Godinez played Galaxy SD during play in, which was a close game.

The game vs Galaxy SB was not close. Yes, it was 15-0.

Some lopsided games: 5-0,7-1,9-0,3-0,15-0, etc

For a Premier Division, one would hope for closer competition. In the past CRL has been but now appears to be a mixed league

There's so many Galaxy teams now it's easy to get confused between them. I think Slammers Godinez played Galaxy SD during play in, which was a close game.

The game vs Galaxy SB was not close. Yes, it was 15-0.

Correct! Thought they (Slammers HB) were going to play LAG SD (ex-Carlsbad) not LAG South Bay.

Reactions: JJP
Any coach allowing his/her team to score 15 goals should be ashamed and embarrassed; so much to learn and possibilities to explore in defensive third after 4

I totally agree. After goal 4, a coach should use it as a teaching opportunity (left foot only, everyone touches before a goal is scored, etc.). A score like that is shameful to the coach imo.

Any coach allowing his/her team to score 15 goals should be ashamed and embarrassed; so much to learn and possibilities to explore in defensive third after 4
I believe goal differential and then number of shutouts are tiebreakers in CRL. Teams running up scores to get the tiebreaker is not the fault of the coach.

Also, there was a lot of play out of the back. To their credit, SB Galaxy did not give up and created a few chances by forcing turnovers when Slammers Godinez was playing out the back.

No, Galaxy SB did not lose a goalie. I would not pin blame on the goalie.

I believe goal differential and then number of shutouts are tiebreakers in CRL. Teams running up scores to get the tiebreaker is not the fault of the coach.
There's a goal differential limit. Maybe 5 per game to avoid this.

"I believe goal differential and then number of shutouts are tiebreakers in CRL. Teams running up scores to get the tiebreaker is not the fault of the coach."

Thanks JJP- But it really didn't have much to do with GD at all.

Anybody who knows my buddy knows that they don't just run up the score to run it up.

They have been working hard on organized pressure and getting the ball back quickly in the middle to attacking third. That was their focus for the CRL weekend. After a few goals they were stealing the ball and then resetting and playing it out from the back often. He will not tell players to stop scoring after they have built the ball out from the back. Its CRL- this is supposed to be the best of the best (minus the DA teams).

As stated on the other board the CDA Slammer HB team did very well with most of their players playing U13 as 03s last year. They only added 4-5 players not from the previous years team that took Strikers to the brink in the games they played (lost a couple to aging up one to lack of discipline and another to the transfer). The players they added were the few 03s from the U12 team and a new player that never played club before. They were huge and athletic then, but with the age change the size and athleticism is more lopsided . My friend has stepped in to train the team and they are now playing a lot less direct and are really starting to knock the ball around. They have a long way to go but they are gelling well early.

Will get a good test this weekend in Albion (short a few players due to ODP and summer fun)

Great post galaxydad, very informative. I didn't mean to imply tiebreakers are the answer for coaching decisions. I don't actually care whether coaches run up the score, like you said, it's CRL.

Culchie 04 and 05 celtic harps team
Do it all the time Cal cup for example
Uh, he's specifically talking about his team here. There's no style of play or philosophy the club adheres by in case you were thinking.

Unless the score was reported wrong, it looks like CDA Slammers just beat the Albion DA team in the Albion Cup final 2-0.

Slammers are having a very good summer and you gotta say they are probably the team to beat among the non-Academy teams this upcoming season.

Back