CRL, California Regional League, 2016-2017 (04s) - Tech Specs

A player on Blues - Kale got a 2nd Yellow = Red with about 10 min left in the game. It was 1-0 Blues at the time but IR Surf definately had momentum.
Blues - Kale definitely owned the first half against our girls. Kale always has scrappy teams and they were no different, knocked our girls off the ball and set the tone early.

2nd half was interesting to say the least, refs started getting control of the game and called it tigther. Both teams had opportunities towards the end but a draw seemed fair.

Last edited:
LAGSD 4, IE Surf West 0
Game called with 7:30 left to play. IE Surf coach called it off.
Strange ending indeed, IE Surf West definitely was a surprise CRL Play In result but they earned it, just like everyone else. Of the teams in the league, it's no secret they're the underdog in these games.

But it should be seen as a great opportunity to challenge the girls who will probably be favored in their division come league. The toughest part is realistic expectations, and letting everyone, player and parents, what CRL means in the grand scheme of things. Last year my DD went through a similar experience, where in CSL the team was very competitive but in CRL it was another story, struggling against much tougher competition. The coach threw development out the window and played kickball trying to give our girls a shot at winning games in a league they were never going to finish in 1st. The girls got frustrated and not just losing, but playing awful soccer. From what I've seen, Bradbury and Butler have had bright spots with their girls and if the wins aren't there, the small victories are.

Keep your head up girls! Keep chipping away!

No controversy at all. Just a bit sad.

In other news all of IE SURF had a bad day. Their top team coach got ejected from their game and their parent sideline was cussing at girls as well. So loud we walked over to watch!

Red card was given to wrong girl. Should have been a yellow

In other news all of IE SURF had a bad day. Their top team coach got ejected from their game and their parent sideline was cussing at girls as well. So loud we walked over to watch!

Red card was given to wrong girl. Should have been a yellow
Third party to all this, but I was behind the sidelines for field 22 watching my DD play on another field and lurking on that game. I saw what happened on the offense and the ref carded the right girl. Thing was, he didn't issue a card for the foul he eventually called. The card was issued for the foul prior to that when the girls tried to sweep the striker down from behind. The player didn't go down, maintained possession and the ref signaled play on. The striker was taken down again a few steps later and he called that foul, appeared to tell the girls hold on for a minute, walked over to the girl who caused the initial foul and issued the card for Dangerous Play. Unfortunately, her 2nd card.

Although the Blues Coach felt otherwise, I'm pretty sure that's what the ref walked over and told him when he held play up for the corner kick to walk over there.

Again...that's just one mans account of what I saw.

Last edited:
Sounds like a veteran ref on the game. Most rookie refs wouldn't know to play advantage and then go back like that.
Was the game called tight?

Great info not at all what we saw. Neither team will be at top of CRL so it's a building game anyway. Kale dominated the game start to finish.

I am more concerned about a coach ejection for continued foul language and a parent sideline of IE surf referring to girls as "**cking *itches"
Just goes to show you that no amount of bedazzled hats or shirts makes a parent classy.
Parents ruining the game all abound. Kale and his sidelines dead quiet so I have no idea what you are referring to.

Which brings me to a quick question- won't most of that team leave for either Legends DA OR Arsenal ECNL anyway next year?

Sounds like a veteran ref on the game. Most rookie refs wouldn't know to play advantage and then go back like that.
Was the game called tight?
I only saw the second half and was back and forth between the 2 games from my position. The IE v Blues game kept my attention as it was a bit more "intense" than our game. Seemed like the ref was slowly tightening up the calls as the level of physicality was picking up.

Great info not at all what we saw. Neither team will be at top of CRL so it's a building game anyway. Kale dominated the game start to finish.

I am more concerned about a coach ejection for continued foul language and a parent sideline of IE surf referring to girls as "**cking *itches"
Just goes to show you that no amount of bedazzled hats or shirts makes a parent classy.
Parents ruining the game all abound. Kale and his sidelines dead quiet so I have no idea what you are referring to.

Which brings me to a quick question- won't most of that team leave for either Legends DA OR Arsenal ECNL anyway next year?

My daughter's game was adjacent, so I watched a fair amount of that game, and I have two comments. 1) Kale did not dominate "start to finish". The wind played a factor since it was an East-West field. Blues had more chances in the 1st half, IE Surf in the 2nd. 2) Neither Kale nor his sidelines were "dead quiet". I was right in the middle and Blues seemed to protest more often and more loudly. I could hear Kale yelling at his girls and the ref, I couldn't hear the IE Surf coach.

I would agree @ESPNANALYST , Kale sideline seemed pretty composed. But Kale was yelling "you carded the wrong girl". He wasn't out of control by any stretch, just vocal and seemingly within reason. Which is probably why the ref didn't warn him, rather took the time to explain.

Think the pot has been stirred enough yet or you gonna keep trolling?

Can't speak to our sideline behavior as my wife and I sat with the Blues parents because we were crossed midfield when setting up. We were conscious to be on our best behavior as the Blues parents were nice about us sitting on their side. Blues parents were composed, occasionally argued a call but nothing wild.

Couldn't hear our coach from the opposite side of the field, I imagine only those on that side of the field heard what was actually said.

If it's trolling to present facts then yes I will now be an official troll to the land of delusional unicorn parents on this board. Hurry up circle all the buddies for the dislikes.
By the way can I order a bedazzled hat?

@Thunderbolt has to circle the wagons for his affliliate by calling attention away from an ejected coach and foul language in front of minors. I find that odd that no one seems bothered by that? Poor players.
So how long is Bowling out for anyway after an ejection? Is it on CRL record like at State Cup?

Back