Covid19 Private in Person Training

softwaretest

SILVER ELITE
If you are a coach who is struggling financially and would like to bridge the gap by moving your training online, but don't know how, just ask for help. The tools are free, easy to setup, and most of all your players need a sense of normalcy. Our club launched online training pretty quickly and my DD was able to get soccer back in her day.

For those who continue running these illegal in person sessions, now is the time to stop.

If we all follow the rules we can stamp this thing out and our kids can get back to playing more quickly than you probably think: https://covid19.healthdata.org/

In the end we are all in this together and should help each other through this however we can.

Anyway, just my two cents. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone

Hey
If you are a coach who is struggling financially and would like to bridge the gap by moving your training online, but don't know how, just ask for help. The tools are free, easy to setup, and most of all your players need a sense of normalcy. Our club launched online training pretty quickly and my DD was able to get soccer back in her day.

For those who continue running these illegal in person sessions, now is the time to stop.

If we all follow the rules we can stamp this thing out and our kids can get back to playing more quickly than you probably think: https://covid19.healthdata.org/

In the end we are all in this together and should help each other through this however we can.

Anyway, just my two cents. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone

How is training illegal if a city opens up a park (depending on what county you're training in) and the coach is practicing social distancing?

Nothing ticks me off more the spread of pure bull shit.

Hey

How is training illegal if a city opens up a park (depending on what county you're training in) and the coach is practicing social distancing?

Nothing ticks me off more the spread of pure bull shit.
Depends on the county and state rules. Not allowed in my county.

We still pay our coach the same for zoom, but I know not every club is doing that.

You can pretty much do what you want to on private property within reasonable limits and maybe your neighbors.

Public spaces, parks and the whatnot well that's up to those that run & manage those.

In my city I can take my dog to the city Park and do whatever as long as she is on the leash, off leash is not allowed not that people don't do that or get cited.

Permits to train people for compensation in a public park or not well that's another issue, my city has specific rules about that and right now they aren't giving those out. Personal trainers not just soccer ones are still around in the parks and I haven't seen a problem with them but did see some parks folks talking with a few of them recently.

You can pretty much do what you want to on private property within reasonable limits and maybe your neighbors.

Public spaces, parks and the whatnot well that's up to those that run & manage those.

In my city I can take my dog to the city Park and do whatever as long as she is on the leash, off leash is not allowed not that people don't do that or get cited.

Permits to train people for compensation in a public park or not well that's another issue, my city has specific rules about that and right now they aren't giving those out. Personal trainers not just soccer ones are still around in the parks and I haven't seen a problem with them but did see some parks folks talking with a few of them recently.
Where there's a will there's a way.

This will start happening very soon. While safety is important, coaches need to pay bills as well. I imagine schools will stay closed for awhile but parks will open soon ir not already open in some areas of the state. Newsome claimed today we are days now from some significant changes in loosening stay at home orders so we'll see what that entails.

This will start happening very soon. While safety is important, coaches need to pay bills as well. I imagine schools will stay closed for awhile but parks will open soon ir not already open in some areas of the state. Newsome claimed today we are days now from some significant changes in loosening stay at home orders so we'll see what that entails.
It would nice if it allowed small groups for non contact outdoor sports, but that is less important.

I think the main focus needs to be on larger employment sectors. Gardening, construction, manufacturing. Probably allow younger people and outdoor employees to return first.

The LA County and LA City orders prohibit gatherings of any number of persons from different households except to engage in essential activities or to operate essential businesses. Recreation activities among people in the same household are essential activities. Private training is not among the list of essential businesses. My guess is that most parks and recs officers/police look the other way for a one v. one training since it could be a dad and his kid and, as long as they are keeping their distance and it doesn't get out of hand with private trainers all over the place, it isn't considered a big deal. Nevertheless, if you're charging for it, it is technically in violation of the order and, where a permit is required, it's probably in violation anyway because the permit has been cancelled or has expired.

It's not surprising that the private trainers who are struggling to keep afloat with online training are upset that the private trainers not complying with the order are getting away with it and able to charge full price.

The LA County and LA City orders prohibit gatherings of any number of persons from different households except to engage in essential activities or to operate essential businesses. Recreation activities among people in the same household are essential activities. Private training is not among the list of essential businesses. My guess is that most parks and recs officers/police look the other way for a one v. one training since it could be a dad and his kid and, as long as they are keeping their distance and it doesn't get out of hand with private trainers all over the place, it isn't considered a big deal. Nevertheless, if you're charging for it, it is technically in violation of the order and, where a permit is required, it's probably in violation anyway because the permit has been cancelled or has expired.

It's not surprising that the private trainers who are struggling to keep afloat with online training are upset that the private trainers not complying with the order are getting away with it and able to charge full price.
But what’s going to happen when a player or family member gets sick and dies? It seems trainers could be held criminally and civilly liable.

It would nice if it allowed small groups for non contact outdoor sports, but that is less important.

I think the main focus needs to be on larger employment sectors. Gardening, construction, manufacturing. Probably allow younger people and outdoor employees to return first.
I agree. I think best case some small group things can start in June if positive news keeps progressing. I guess protests in Huntington Beach today aren't helping them get beach access! lol

I know there are some private trainers starting things next in parks already and soon in areas that are starting to open more in the coming days. I'd be curious if clubs allow their coaches to private train their kids on the side to make money. I'd imagine many clubs wouldn't allow this but not sure.

But what’s going to happen when a player or family member gets sick and dies? It seems trainers could be held criminally and civilly liable.
Assumption of risk??? My kids were just training at a park with their respective private coaches. They were one on one and keeping some distance. The park was full of trainers and most were training groups of 4 to 5 kids.

Assumption of risk??? My kids were just training at a park with their respective private coaches. They were one on one and keeping some distance. The park was full of trainers and most were training groups of 4 to 5 kids.
Problem with assumption of risk is that it’s a defense that puts you in front of a civil jury. I also don’t think that’s it’s a valid defense to criminal charges.

If you have the money to do it...

Instead of breaking the rules on quarantine, call up your private coach and offer him full money for a zoom training. He won't say no.

Problem with assumption of risk is that it’s a defense that puts you in front of a civil jury. I also don’t think that’s it’s a valid defense to criminal charges.
I was joking (kinda). The bottom line, we will all have it sooner than later so I'm not really sure how to play this. But, we have great leadership from both political parties that are open and honest so that makes me feel great. Based on huge groups of players, very high end players, training I think most parents are going with herd mentality.

Not to mention it is VERY easy to maintain safe distance.

Both my DD’s still train regularly and there is always a RBPD person at the venue monitoring activities and they’ve never been stopped, questioned or harassed for doing so.
Same for us. PD checks the park regularly and has made clear what is and isn’t acceptable. One trainer and two siblings spaced out is not a problem.

Well known coach & trainer in WLA had a young player collapse, 911, etc when parks where still open in LA during March. Can't recall if it was Covid related since testing was still new but there was suspicion since it was apparently breathing related, hopefully he was negative and recovered from what caused the collapse.

It’s not legal to be here illegally as well, crazy how politicians dole out justice against Americans.

It’s not legal to be here illegally as well, crazy how politicians dole out justice against Americans.
Yup
And it’s crazier that Illegal farm immigrants were among Essential workersThat put food on the table in every American house hold during the pandemic and no Americans complained !! Or protested why they were here!!

Yup
And it’s crazier that Illegal farm immigrants were among Essential workersThat put food on the table in every American house hold during the pandemic and no Americans complained !! Or protested why they were here!!
Let’s send them all back and see if the sun comes up tomorrow, maybe we won’t have to press 1 for English and have to dumb down our schools while the invaders catch up.
Wake up.

Back