College Entrance Scam includes former Yale Women's Soccer Coach

The writer makes a false assertion because they don’t look at how many African American/minority athletes apply/try out for those alternative sports. If few to none African Americans fence, row, swim, play lacrosse, etc... of course they’re not going to get in for those sports... (except at Yale, USC, and UCLA)

The writer also does not compare academic scores from the white sports vs the ones that a lot of African Americans try out for. Athletes in general have a lower academic requirement across the board and the correct comparison to determine bias would be to compare white athlete gpa vs black athlete gpa. Not white athlete gpa vs non-athlete.

Dumb article and simply race baiting.

The writer makes a false assertion because they don’t look at how many African American/minority athletes apply/try out for those alternative sports. If few to none African Americans fence, row, swim, play lacrosse, etc... of course they’re not going to get in for those sports... (except at Yale, USC, and UCLA)

The writer also does not compare academic scores from the white sports vs the ones that a lot of African Americans try out for. Athletes in general have a lower academic requirement across the board and the correct comparison to determine bias would be to compare white athlete gpa vs black athlete gpa. Not white athlete gpa vs non-athlete.

Dumb article and simply race baiting.

You should probably explain the false assertion before claiming it is false. But hey, I'm a stickler for logic so you can just ignore me.

Who is the one discriminating? You are the one making excuses. We are all part of the human race huh? Yet if they pull their own weight and earn entrance to an elite university you say it’s because of affirmative action so instead they should go to an average college. You made that decision on race and only race. The dreamers at my kids Ivy League school didn’t get there because of a handout or because a charity case. They worked for it, grit and determination to succeed. Much more than I can say for some of the legacy kids that get in and they account for more than half of the kids there. It’s a shame that people like you can’t see the person for who they really are and past the label of being illegal.
You think an illegal, any illegal should get into any US college a head of any US citizen?

You think an illegal, any illegal should get into any US college a head of any US citizen?

Your question is incorrectly framed. US colleges admit both US citizens and non-citizens. Correcting for your grammar, "Do you think an immigrant residing in the US illegally should get into any US college over any US citizen or non-citizen?" The answer is obviously yes, particularly for children brought to the US at a young age.

So you saw 65% white in Ivy League and that's your argument? LMAO! The estimate is that 61% of collegiate athletes are white. Well, considering 72% of the United States population is Caucasian, it kind of pisses on your argument, doesn't it?

No, it doesn't. According to the last US census, white people make up less than 61% of the population, not 72%.

Your question is incorrectly framed. US colleges admit both US citizens and non-citizens. Correcting for your grammar, "Do you think an immigrant residing in the US illegally should get into any US college over any US citizen or non-citizen?" The answer is obviously yes, particularly for children brought to the US at a young age.
Nothing wrong with my question, you just want to mix things up. No illegal deserves to be college educated before an American citizen no matter how they arrived.

Nothing wrong with my question, you just want to mix things up. No illegal deserves to be college educated before an American citizen no matter how they arrived.

So you are OK with non-US citizens getting admissions spots over US citizens?

You should probably explain the false assertion before claiming it is false. But hey, I'm a stickler for logic so you can just ignore me.

Oh I’m sorry, I thought it was obvious. My bad.

The title of the article claims that “College Sports Are Affirmative Action for Rich White Students”

Here, let me simplify. That statement is false. The article is misleading. You can read my prev post as to why.

So you are OK with non-US citizens getting admissions spots over US citizens?

That’s actually a great question and there is a distinction between non-US citizens here legally vs illegally residing in the US. International students are funded entirely by foreigners and pay higher tuition. Since it is foreign dollars, it contributes positively to the trade balance and GDP so it’s a good thing and spots should be allocated to them.

Illegal immigrants should not be allowed to apply unless they return to their home country, get a student visa and pay non resident - intl student tuition. They should not be eligible for any funding - except the non-profit fund that the liberals have set up and are paying out of pocket.

Non-citizens should be evaluated in the international student pool for admission and not compete against US citizens for spots.

No, it doesn't. According to the last US census, white people make up less than 61% of the population, not 72%.

According to the US Census Bureau, the number is actually 76.6%. It's 60% if you're not counting any Hispanic or Latino. African Americans are 13% and Hispanic/Latino are 18%.

So even if we use your number of 60% Caucasian, and 60% of college athletes are Caucasian, it's fairly interesting to know 40% are "other". Again... that "white privilege" notion seems fairly silly to me. As in, it doesn't exist.

Looky here, especially the last line.

Wake up America

FOX NEWS FLASH
Published 39 mins ago
Last Update 38 mins ago
'So infuriating': Tomi Lahren takes on California Democrats' plans to offer health care to illegal immigrants
By David Montanaro | Fox News
Video
Tomi Lahren sounds off on California offering health care to illegal immigrants.
Tomi Lahren sounded off Wednesday on "Fox & Friends" on California Democrats considering several plans to offer health care to illegal immigrants in the state. 

Fox Nation host Tomi Lahren sounded off Wednesday on "Fox & Friends" on the issue of California Democrats considering several plans to offer health care to illegal immigrants in the state.

Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom has proposed $98 million a year to cover low-income illegal immigrants between the ages of 19 and 25, but the state Assembly’s bill would cover all illegal immigrants over the age of 19 living in California – a proposal that would cost an estimated $3.4 billion.

The state Senate, meanwhile, wants to cover adults ages 19 to 25, plus seniors 65 and older. That bill's sponsor, Sen. Maria Elana Durazo, scoffed at cost concerns, noting the state has a projected $21.5 billion budget surplus.

According to the US Census Bureau, the number is actually 76.6%. It's 60% if you're not counting any Hispanic or Latino. African Americans are 13% and Hispanic/Latino are 18%.

So even if we use your number of 60% Caucasian, and 60% of college athletes are Caucasian, it's fairly interesting to know 40% are "other". Again... that "white privilege" notion seems fairly silly to me. As in, it doesn't exist.

You used a statistic from 2010 (72%). The exact same stat updated for 2018 is approximately 60%. Are you really arguing that I used the wrong stat because I used the most updated version? Can you be more disingenuous? And no, I don't count Hispanics or Latinos as caucasians - nor do universities. And you didn't either before you realized you had egg on your face.

You used a statistic from 2010 (72%). The exact same stat updated for 2018 is approximately 60%. Are you really arguing that I used the wrong stat because I used the most updated version? Can you be more disingenuous? And no, I don't count Hispanics or Latinos as caucasians - nor do universities. And you didn't either before you realized you had egg on your face.

No, I'm arguing that you cherry picked... same way MAP did with Eric Garner (a career criminal) to make your point. The relevant statistic is that 40% of college athletes are not white. So they're either affluent enough to afford college on their own, in this white man's world of slavery and oppression, or they somehow manage to receive scholarship money. So oppressive!

Your implication that it's "white privilege" is the only egg in this room... and I scrambled it for you. Apparently some Hispanics and Latinos DO consider themselves "white" on occasion... otherwise the US Census Bureau would not have a separate column, accordingly. And to correct your grammar from earlier, Glen, it's not "an immigrant living in the U.S. illegally..." Those are not immigrants... they're here illegally, they're here breaking our laws and they should receive nothing because of it.

giphy.gif

I don’t think he gets it (Glen).... his college probably let him slide when he missed these problems on the SAT. Glen, even using your numbers, it doesn’t help your case. Maybe this will help...

Glen, I have 100 pieces of fruit. 60 are apples, 20 are oranges, and 20 are bananas. If you ask me to pick 10 pieces of fruit and I pick 6 apples, 2 oranges, and 2 banana, is that a fair representative sample? Or am showing a preference for apples?

Correct answer: it is a fair representative sample. Both groups are composed of 60% apples, 20% oranges, 20% bananas.

Let’s try this again... but this time let’s use toy trains... never mind... You're right, we need affirmative action, how would you ever survive?

Back