College Entrance Scam includes former Yale Women's Soccer Coach

Didn't say they'd get jail time. But careers are destroyed and that will cost these parents millions. Law firm's chairman on leave (likely out), actors fired, etc.

Never said verification would be limited to high school teams (how many high schools offer sailing?). Plus, as I said, each coach would be required to disclose financial/other interests in athletics organizations up front (before they are hired). Admissions would therefore know up front that the coach runs the club. Failing to disclose/update a disclosure would be a fireable offense in and of itself. Makes it more difficult for any one person to control the flow of info.

Nothing is 100% perfect and this could all be refined, but "filling out forms," as you would call it, is used all the time in my line of work (finance) to help limit fraud. It works.
Who knew?
Apparently there is a Interscholastic Sailing Association....
"The Interscholastic Sailing Association (ISSA) governs secondary school sailing in the United States, in both independent and public high schools. Sailor eligibility starts at the ninth grade; there are no age limits. As in college sailing, there are seven district associations which schedule events, as well as a system of national championships. While ISSA had its origins in the preparatory schools of the Northeast in 1930, it is now a nationwide organization with active districts in Northeast (NESSA), Mid-Atlantic (MASSA), South Atlantic (SAISA), Southeast (SEISA), Midwest (MISSA), Pacific Coast (PCISA), and Northwest (NWISA)."
https://hssailing.org/about/overview

Who knew?
Apparently there is a Interscholastic Sailing Association....
"The Interscholastic Sailing Association (ISSA) governs secondary school sailing in the United States, in both independent and public high schools. Sailor eligibility starts at the ninth grade; there are no age limits. As in college sailing, there are seven district associations which schedule events, as well as a system of national championships. While ISSA had its origins in the preparatory schools of the Northeast in 1930, it is now a nationwide organization with active districts in Northeast (NESSA), Mid-Atlantic (MASSA), South Atlantic (SAISA), Southeast (SEISA), Midwest (MISSA), Pacific Coast (PCISA), and Northwest (NWISA)."
https://hssailing.org/about/overview

And Point Loma HS rules!

https://scores.hssailing.org/s19/pcisa-gaucho-gold/

But it's not a CIF sport, so no one has heard of it except the participants and their families.

Sad.

Operation Varsity Blues scam artist faked students’ race, ethnicities

One little tidbit from the FBI and DOJ’s investigation known as Operation Varsity Blues that hasn’t received much attention is the fact that William “Rick” Singer gamed affirmative action consideration to get the students into college. The con artist faked the racial and ethnic identification of students in the pay for play college admissions scandal. In other words, Singer was following the example of Elizabeth “Fauxchahontas” Warren when submitting college applications for the children of the wealthy and connected.
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03...-scam-artist-faked-students-race-ethnicities/

Sad.

One little tidbit from the FBI and DOJ’s investigation known as Operation Varsity Blues that hasn’t received much attention is the fact that William “Rick” Singer gamed affirmative action consideration to get the students into college. The con artist faked the racial and ethnic identification of students in the pay for play college admissions scandal. In other words, Singer was following the example of Elizabeth “Fauxchahontas” Warren when submitting college applications for the children of the wealthy and connected.
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03...-scam-artist-faked-students-race-ethnicities/

“You can fool some people sometimes,
But you couldn't fool all the people all the time”

Bob Marley,

Why is Amanda Cromwell still coaching? If this was a men's footballl coach he would have been fired the day the story broke! She "hid" a player on her roster. She had to know the player was there, the player was issued a uniform number. The player was in the media guide. Amanda Cromwell is the CEO of the Women's Soccer Program and needs to be held accountable.

Sad.

I read this too. Apparently some of the kids were of Asian decent, but Singer claimed they were Caucasian so it would be much easier for them to get in. Singer also was clever in capitalizing on the white man's affirmative action programs (sailing, tennis, and crew).

Why is Amanda Cromwell still coaching? If this was a men's footballl coach he would have been fired the day the story broke! She "hid" a player on her roster. She had to know the player was there, the player was issued a uniform number. The player was in the media guide. Amanda Cromwell is the CEO of the Women's Soccer Program and needs to be held accountable.
I wonder if they might try to pin this on Josh Walters? I’m not in any way shape or form saying he did it, but if you’re already acting unethically and want to avoid the heat, blame it on somebody who isn’t there anymore. Timing would be perfect. Just a thought.

I read this too. Apparently some of the kids were of Asian decent, but Singer claimed they were Caucasian so it would be much easier for them to get in. Singer also was clever in capitalizing on the white man's affirmative action programs (sailing, tennis, and crew).
Huh? If you wanted to “grease the skids” of admissions from an affirmative action standpoint, wouldn’t you list your race as anything but White?

“Singer, who began cooperating with the government in a bid for leniency, called Isackson’s parents in September.”

Talk about a piece of work! For leniency, this guy sold out all the parents he solicited!
That’s precisely what dirt bags do. Once your dirtbaggery is discovered, sell everybody else out.

I wonder if they might try to pin this on Josh Walters? I’m not in any way shape or form saying he did it, but if you’re already acting unethically and want to avoid the heat, blame it on somebody who isn’t there anymore. Timing would be perfect. Just a thought.
Given the fbi has the men’s coach who they will highly motivate to be honest (and will know all the details of how this was done), I think that whatever the truth is will come out shortly.

Are you kidding?
I think you read the article wrong (or didn't read it at all):

"So, not only did the college applications contain phony photoshopped photographs of the students participating in sports and activities but the applications also used racial and ethnic quota considerations to move the students forward in the process."

Singer changed the applicants race from white to that of another race that would be considered advantageous under racial and ethic consideration.

I think you read the article wrong (or didn't read it at all):

"So, not only did the college applications contain phony photoshopped photographs of the students participating in sports and activities but the applications also used racial and ethnic quota considerations to move the students forward in the process."

Singer changed the applicants race from white to that of another race that would be considered advantageous under racial and ethic consideration.

Singer moving a kid from Asian to White would be considered advantageous under racial and ethnic consideration. That's pretty well-known, so I thought you were joking. Where does it say in the article that he moved a kid from White to another race? The DOJ didn't provide any of those details.

Given the fbi has the men’s coach who they will highly motivate to be honest (and will know all the details of how this was done), I think that whatever the truth is will come out shortly.

Just a guess but I imagine involved folks have engaged counsel and are negotiating and trying to reduce their risk and liability for whatever happened. Once the negotiations are completed then I would think an announcement will be made.

Singer moving a kid from Asian to White would be considered advantageous under racial and ethnic consideration. That's pretty well-known, so I thought you were joking. Where does it say in the article that he moved a kid from White to another race? The DOJ didn't provide any of those details.
Nor does it state anywhere that a kid was "moved from Asian to White". As for my statement otherwise, I made an educated guess...

"Affirmative action policies are those in which an institution or organization actively engages in efforts to improve opportunities for historically excluded groups in American society."

Since when have white people been "historically excluded"? Plus, haven't the majority of families caught up in this scandal been white?

Back