Coaches Be Threatening!!!

I have experienced this. You need to be released from the club. The club removes you from its insurance. You contact cal south and ask for the player pass for your kid.

You won’t likely be able to play in national cup If you’re not granted the release, you can try to appeal. Clubs get very bitter when big clusters of their teams leave for another and compete in cups.

So you don't know that an appeal will most likely be denied because you have never filed an appeal. There are some real jerk coaches and I would have to image that if you appeal it and have a valid reason, Calsouth would look at the best interest of the child.

Now if the only reason they want to move is to be on a more winning team, I would hope that they tell the family to pound sand.

No, I don't know who reviews the appeal. I didn't feel it was worth paying the $100 and didn't want to take the chance of it being denied. Saying they will most likely deny it was more like my opinion. I didn't feel I had a strong case and the club already denied the original request through cal south. Jmo

what if you ask for the card to guest play and just dont give it back???
Only thing can happen is that the coach will get mad and the chances of being release before Stat Cup are slim to none as a retaliation that's the reality. Coach's are not dumb about parents asking for their ID's before Thanksgiving, just be ready. After State Cup you should be fine, I just think its funny how clubs are having tryouts after Thanksgiving not realizing that several of the players will most likely be denied transfer to another club especially if its a rival Club.

If you are with a reputable club you most likely have a Registrar who knows the rules and will act accordingly. It has been my experience that coaches can be a bit emotional about it but the DOC and Registrar are far more pragmatic. Go online at CalSouth and formally request the release/transfer when the window opens and that starts the official process.

Much appreciated Overlap.
I have zero reason to doubt you, but is this an actual rule or based on your experiences?
Thanks for responding—sometimes responses are a bit brutal around here :D

yes, our club has had this happen on several occasions. We only had 1 situation where the DOC from another club really shafted the player, her team disbanded at the beginning of the season, she was moved to another roster on a different team within the old club, the DOC refused to release her until almost the middle of the season as they didn't want her helping another team. We've had others that have come to us during the season from SCDSL they were able to make the move right away, the CSL to CSL player's were cup tied however, the player(s) were so unhappy, they came across anyway. Just be upfront with what you're doing. The rules are posted on the CSl website so you can see how they work, I'm assuming they're posted on the SCDSL website as well....Best of luck!

I've seen on multiple occasion players being unhappy and they were still with the team until State Cup was over.

They were probably quilted into staying, on one hand I would expect the player to fulfill their commitment but, the stories that I know about, the parents were fed up, can't say I blame them.

They were probably quilted into staying, on one hand I would expect the player to fulfill their commitment but, the stories that I know about, the parents were fed up, can't say I blame them.
Well if they are leaving now the might as well train with the other team but expect not to participate in State Cup unless they get lucky and get the transfer/release approved.

Update:
Inspite of the threats and the extortion on the club's end, Cal South was excellent in handling this. It was all taken care of BEFORE the Nov 28th timeline. They were understanding and even unnecessarily apologetic. I was heartened to see that a big organization could still put a kid first.
Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

Pretend your not in the Youth Soccer world and you are just a regular person/parent reading this post about a persons little kids playing a sport, then ad in that the parents have shelled out $1000,00 & $1000.00's for this sport and now they are concerned if the current team coach will allow YOUR child to go play on another team! WTH has happened here!? This is INSANE we pay and they think they dictate when and where our children can play? Talk about one sided deals.

Pretend your not in the Youth Soccer world and you are just a regular person/parent reading this post about a persons little kids playing a sport, then ad in that the parents have shelled out $1000,00 & $1000.00's for this sport and now they are concerned if the current team coach will allow YOUR child to go play on another team! WTH has happened here!? This is INSANE we pay and they think they dictate when and where our children can play? Talk about one sided deals.
That sounds like my wife..."Talk about one sided deals"

Back