Climate and Weather

US
NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins
nbc-sign-e1568823230840.jpg

PETER HASSONSENIOR REPORTER
September 18, 201912:41 PM ET
What about repentance?

I'm not going to work today and the Climate Strike has nothing to do with it.

Instead, I will be observing a plumbing crew installing a new water heater and removing the old one (unless they are out on Climate Strike).

Instead, I will be observing a plumbing crew installing a new water heater and removing the old one (unless they are out on Climate Strike).
Make sure they don't rip you off . . . plumbers and electricians attempt to take advantage any way they can.

Make sure they don't rip you off . . . plumbers and electricians attempt to take advantage any way they can.

The original estimate was 2 hours by one guy, straight replacement. He came in Tuesday and said that they didn't know about the stairs (6 steps down from the parking lot level) and that the previous work was ok when installed, but not up to current code, so there was going to a delay, a 2-man crew, and more costs.

The original estimate was 2 hours by one guy, straight replacement. He came in Tuesday and said that they didn't know about the stairs (6 steps down from the parking lot level) and that the previous work was ok when installed, but not up to current code, so there was going to a delay, a 2-man crew, and more costs.
I remember when California mandated the ultra low nox water heaters a few years back.
My cost on a 50 gallon water heater went up 170.00 in one day.

You would still be working today if fossil fuels were not as cheap, plentiful and portable as they have been for most of your life.

You'd probably be fertilizing the pasture.
Dont take this the wrong way, but you look like shit.
Without fossil fuels, you'd probably have succumbed to the elements by now.

My ancestors whose fossil fuel use was limited to kerosene lanterns (and not even that if you go back far enough) lived, on average, much longer than I have unless they had already succumbed to accident or warfare.

My ancestors whose fossil fuel use was limited to kerosene lanterns (and not even that if you go back far enough) lived, on average, much longer than I have unless they had already succumbed to accident or warfare.

They cook on lanterns? Warm the house with lanterns?
They lived to be 100?

Maybe it’s just the garbage you eat.
Do not underestimate the health advantages you have with hot fossil fuel heated water.
Not to mention indoor plumbing and central heating

Back