Climate and Weather

Thats the one.

Looking for this, I found a lot of comments ranging from "how stupid" to "No problem, because the gun would be unloaded by the time you have to squeeze the trigger". I also found reference to a story about a police chief who shot himself while field-stripping one to clean it.

One poster pointed out that the newer model (XDM) does not require the trigger squeeze during disassembly.

Looking for this, I found a lot of comments ranging from "how stupid" to "No problem, because the gun would be unloaded by the time you have to squeeze the trigger". I also found reference to a story about a police chief who shot himself while field-stripping one to clean it.

One poster pointed out that the newer model (XDM) does not require the trigger squeeze during disassembly.
Its a good idea to always assume all firearms are loaded, and keep the business end pointed accordingly.

Which gets back to last Fall's discussion about people being shot at gun shows, where all personal guns are supposedly unloaded and fitted with trigger locks.
Part of the second amendment, is accepting liberty over "safety".
There is always a give and take.
We need to draw our perspective back to the point where the choice is self evident.

Part of the second amendment, is accepting liberty over "safety".
There is always a give and take.
We need to draw our perspective back to the point where the choice is self evident.

Some designer at Springfield Armory or Glock made the choice to include a trigger pull in the disassembly procedure.

Some designer at Springfield Armory or Glock made the choice to include a trigger pull in the disassembly procedure.
Whatever.
When I was a baby, I didnt know lead paint would give me brain damage.
Im an adult now, and I'll take a "trigger pull" over tyranny all day long.

Old or new hasnʻt ever required a trigger squeeze for disassembly.

You can't talk bad about guns, gun owners, gun shows, gun disassembly procedures or Trump around Aff-b-ear-Bern.

I don't have any problem with properly designed guns. As I have said before, when someone shows me a new gun, the first thing I ask about is the safety mechanisms and how to load and unload it. Looking through that manual, it has a some nice safety features built into it. The trigger pull step in the disassembly looks like a brain fart by more than one person - the designer and whoever reviewed it up the chain.

While searching for this yesterday, I found a forum where there was some discussion of how to feel safe while handling this gun. One poster recommended buying a large planter pot and filling it with sand to use as a "target" while taking the gun apart. Put it in the corner of a room and put a fake plant in it so the wife won't complain.

I don't have any problem with properly designed guns. As I have said before, when someone shows me a new gun, the first thing I ask about is the safety mechanisms and how to load and unload it. Looking through that manual, it has a some nice safety features built into it. The trigger pull step in the disassembly looks like a brain fart by more than one person - the designer and whoever reviewed it up the chain.

While searching for this yesterday, I found a forum where there was some discussion of how to feel safe while handling this gun. One poster recommended buying a large planter pot and filling it with sand to use as a "target" while taking the gun apart. Put it in the corner of a room and put a fake plant in it so the wife won't complain.
I dont like the safety on the back of the grip.
Its like the one I have on my hedge trimmer I taped down.
One safety that can be taken on or off at will is plenty.

Back