Can Refs Call an 02G DPL Game Early Just Because Losing Coach Asks?

The ref could have called ended the game right after he started the 2nd half of the game... and called it a day. If you are the winning coach and are whining about 5 minutes you’re a dumbass.
Were you running the score up because you needed the points for a tie breaker?

That would be especially interesting if the tie breaker knocked out the losing team.

Today during my 02G daughters DPL Legends game, OC Surf coach wanted to call the game after half time after complaining about heat and having no subs and losing 2-0 at that point. Final score was 8-0. Refs kept game going after half but then called game at 39.5 minutes in a 45 minute 2nd half. Can Refs do this? I've been ref'ing for a long time and have always been told that you must keep the play time per half the same. First half was 45 mins. I understand the coach was probably not liking the score but should ref have called the game over 5 mins early, shorting our girls play time and potentially our subs? Plus, don't we pay the refs to ref a full game and not partial? There were no issues in the game other than slight heat. I feel somewhat ripped off especially since my daughter came in during the 2nd half of the 2nd half and so she was shorted those minutes.
Today during my 02G daughters DPL Legends game, OC Surf coach wanted to call the game after half time after complaining about heat and having no subs and losing 2-0 at that point. Final score was 8-0. Refs kept game going after half but then called game at 39.5 minutes in a 45 minute 2nd half. Can Refs do this? I've been ref'ing for a long time and have always been told that you must keep the play time per half the same. First half was 45 mins. I understand the coach was probably not liking the score but should ref have called the game over 5 mins early, shorting our girls play time and potentially our subs? Plus, don't we pay the refs to ref a full game and not partial? There were no issues in the game other than slight heat. I feel somewhat ripped off especially since my daughter came in during the 2nd half of the 2nd half and so she was shorted those minutes.
If both coaches and players agree, sure.

If both coaches and players agree, sure.
This brought back an old one for my kid:

State cup a few years back. Knock out game. Tied at the end of regulation. Coaches get together and agree to go straight to PKs which we win.
Coach gets a call the next day saying we actually lost because our team number was odd and it’s an even year for teams to move on.

This brought back an old one for my kid:

State cup a few years back. Knock out game. Tied at the end of regulation. Coaches get together and agree to go straight to PKs which we win.
Coach gets a call the next day saying we actually lost because our team number was odd and it’s an even year for teams to move on.

Odd/even makes about as much sense as kicks.

PK's are a crappy way to end a game, but they are better than odd/even. They at least require skill and the ability to function under pressure.

Back