Cal South 2004 Player Pool Announced

I'm an 04 and 02 parent.

Then you should know that there is a huge difference between an 05 and 03 mentally and physically.
The 05 who have hit puberty are obvious- but also obvious to a clinical person is they are slowing down fast.

Again if we are talking TECHNICAL then it tou have a technical 05 with vision fine have at it.
Personally I have found that those parents are obnoxious and I thoroughly enjoy the fact my Coach is seeing it and changing things. There is no need for this nonsense unless you are a one percenter

IMO, If and only if the younger player can start on a DA team. I have noticed especially for girls that their performance is tied closely with their confidence level. If the younger player is #15-22 in the depth chart on an older team, NOT playing and losing confidence. She is better off starting, playing a lot and enjoying the game in her own age group. That trumps (no pun intended) any advantage playing on an older team.

Players don't develop on the bench. It's why younger players who don't start on their pro team and loaned out, so they can play and get better.

Perfect way to say this.
Starting and impact player

I know no one on Aresnal so can't speak to theirs.
All of the other stellar 04 I know who play up are playing 03 DA confirmed. I know of about 5 great 04 players on the "top teams" who were trying out for 03 DA but that's all very how shall we say hush hush? For now they haven't committed to the 03 DA but have stated they will be doing 04 DA. My gut is we have a lot of time until Aug 1 so expect movement.
The very best 05 are also playing 04 DA to my knowledge.
Thanks for the info..

Lost me on a lot of points.
First one being - this isn't in theory every soccer player it's a DA group. Based on RAE anyway we are looking at most DA rosters being Jan- Jul birthdays. Any 05 that gets into that mix better be able to show it. Often they don't.
Coaches make choices that's on them. I have yet to see any more than two of the 05 cage who are better than an 04 at my club. It does matter when you are talking about minimum starts and limited subs.
If you know how I post you know I am all about meritocracy. When you combine RAE which already has shown a major shift in abilities and then add someone who can be upwards of two years youngers it's laughable and it's parent driven.
Again one percenters here and most parents don't want to realize a) your daughter isn't playing for the NT b) your daughter isn't getting a scholarship.
I don't share your views that suddenly a swarm or enlightened parents who care about Little Betty Sues development and ability to progress technically have appeared in SoCal. What has occurred is that the new shiny toy is here and Little Chloe And Little Rae have scored tons of goals and even made ODP so we have to have them stay at the club so let's offer them DA or the dual rostered B team ECNL to make Mommy And Daddy ok with life.
And no they aren't taking my daughters spot. They have no business taking one of the girls in the ECNL spot and I would LOVE to see a head to head.
Hmmm ... I don't think I ever expressed views on "a swarm or enlightened parents". You seem to have some kind of hang up with some parents (or coaches) that play politics. I simply disagreed with your "FACT 2- no one should be playing up at all unless your are a future YNT player" and that "It's a function of the parent ego every time". I believe I said that if the kid is good enough to play with them, and can handle the size and speed difference of the older age group, let 'em play. Which should agree with your meritocracy view. Remember, I said good enough to play not good enough to sit the bench (i.e. better than the 11th best '04). There are reasons, other than the parents ego, for kids to play up.
And as far as the the relative age goes, it can be a day to just short of two years, not the "upwards of two years" you claim (unless we are talking Anaheim Surf). But I can't say that I've seen an '05 at my club that is better than the 11th best '04 either. I wish I could also say that thus, there weren't any '05 offered spot on DA ... but I can't. So yes, I understand parents and politics.
I really haven't watched '05s much at all, but I have seen some '04s that looked good enough, fast enough, and physical enough, to hang with the '03 DA team at some clubs. I still stand by my point, if the kid is good enough to play with them, and can handle the size and speed difference of the older age group, let 'em play.

Then you should know that there is a huge difference between an 05 and 03 mentally and physically.
The 05 who have hit puberty are obvious- but also obvious to a clinical person is they are slowing down fast.
Got it, seen it. But, I've also seen the kid more than capable of playing one year up and starting. I'm not saying it's every kid, but I certainly disagree with the statement that "no one should be playing up at all unless your are a future YNT player".

Got it, seen it. But, I've also seen the kid more than capable of playing one year up and starting. I'm not saying it's every kid, but I certainly disagree with the statement that "no one should be playing up at all unless your are a future YNT player".

My favorite player is an 05. Ever.
She's transcendent though

Hmmm ... I don't think I ever expressed views on "a swarm or enlightened parents". You seem to have some kind of hang up with some parents (or coaches) that play politics. I simply disagreed with your "FACT 2- no one should be playing up at all unless your are a future YNT player" and that "It's a function of the parent ego every time". I believe I said that if the kid is good enough to play with them, and can handle the size and speed difference of the older age group, let 'em play. Which should agree with your meritocracy view. Remember, I said good enough to play not good enough to sit the bench (i.e. better than the 11th best '04). There are reasons, other than the parents ego, for kids to play up.
And as far as the the relative age goes, it can be a day to just short of two years, not the "upwards of two years" you claim (unless we are talking Anaheim Surf). But I can't say that I've seen an '05 at my club that is better than the 11th best '04 either. I wish I could also say that thus, there weren't any '05 offered spot on DA ... but I can't. So yes, I understand parents and politics.
I really haven't watched '05s much at all, but I have seen some '04s that looked good enough, fast enough, and physical enough, to hang with the '03 DA team at some clubs. I still stand by my point, if the kid is good enough to play with them, and can handle the size and speed difference of the older age group, let 'em play.

Sounds like we agree more than we don't.
No hangs ups here at all I have benefited from politics just like everyone else. It's life. Whether you choose to have the girls play for coaches who can't control favoritism and politics is a whole other issue for a different thread.
If they are special most of us can see it. That's all I am saying.
Truce

Fact
I have not been impressed with your age group in the whole anyway (05)
FACT 2- no one should be playing up at all unless your are a future YNT player and there are maybe 1-2 of those. The rest of you can go pound sand because you are impacting play time so I wish no one would allow it anyway. It's a function of he parent ego every time. I think it's pathetic
Personally I have found that those parents are obnoxious and I thoroughly enjoy the fact my Coach is seeing it and changing things. There is no need for this nonsense unless you are a one percenter

Wow! You should be hired by US Soccer if you can tell the 1 percenters at 11-12 years old.

You really know every kid out there, dude? And you know what makes a special player? Or you just know the impact players. You have the nerve to say you're "not impressed" with the whole 05 age group? Hm. Then I wonder why do you feel so threatened?

It's not supposed to be about which 12 year old is the biggest impact player, but which ones have special qualities to develop, whether they are a few months older or a few months younger should really not matter-- though yeh, it probably will not work out that way.

Agree it has to be up to the coach. But I'll bet, in some cases, it is 04 PARENTS and their politics preventing that from happening whether to an 05 or 04. And completely agree ESPN, that the 05 age group has an amazing amount of drama parents, but quite frankly--the worst of them sound just like you.

All I can say is LOL.
Just LOL and you all wonder why there are problems with the youth system.
I am not going to even going to begin to dissect what an idiotic post yours is. I wish you and your 05 player so much love.
I would watch your mouth when you speak about my daughter though- not only can she handle herself on the field she can handle herself in the classroom and her parents are pretty great too.
Tool!
Ignore button activated

All I can say is LOL.
I am not going to even going to begin to dissect what an idiotic post yours is. I wish you and your 05 player so much love.
I would watch your mouth when you speak about my daughter though- not only can she handle herself on the field she can handle herself in the classroom and her parents are pretty great too.
Tool!
Ignore button activated
You are the problem my friend.

All I can say is LOL.
Tool!
Ignore button activated
Well at least now we can be pretty sure you are an 05 parent... and thankfully your DD is your favorite player!

Back to topic...

Seriously some of these threads are consumed with some real questionable stuff recently. Starts out as ODP turns into crazy town parent bravado. Most on here don't know really who we are talking to,who we are engaging with or about. We don't know their DD's stories their struggles their successes. But I do know this, that us parents on this form should have more in common and maybe should chill out. Give more respect and be decenct to each other. Who cares if 05 parents you know are crazy. They think your crazy more than likely. Who cares what kid plays where, or if theirs is on the bench or if they are an "impact player".
I'm tired of reading this toxic soccer dad my kid is better than your kid BS. What ever happened to the day of talking about the crazy DOC's and idiotic coaches we all put up with. Let's talk tactics or who's kid had a fantastic game last week, or let's talk about how bad NoCal or Arizona is. Anything else...
Or I guess the alternative is we all lay our cards on the table and show who we are really. Where our DD plays, who really has a national team tag, or training center, or ODP, etc. but why? Is that what this is. If so....

Back