Boys DA rumors

Mixed signals with the boys staying combined u16/17 but the girls having both u16/17 & u16.

Doesnt seem like the best investment to train players for what 3-4+ yrs than see > 50% or more not play or walk away the follow year. There are combined ages in high school, other us club leagues like: super y, uspl (14,16,18 for example) so ussda is not the only league doing this.

The team chemisty changes every year with the combo age groups so it's harder to keep teams together this way but in the long run has helped my player work harder but playing up could have done the same thing so not sure of the overall value of continuing this model in da, maybe some short term savings but long term development could suffer.

Some of the da clubs are now going to play/support other leagues like nplwest so they have places for the calendar year age groups (u11,u12, u16) that da doesn't offer.

Mixed signals with the boys staying combined u16/17 but the girls having both u16/17 & u16.

Doesnt seem like the best investment to train players for what 3-4+ yrs than see > 50% or more not play or walk away the follow year. There are combined ages in high school, other us club leagues like: super y, uspl (14,16,18 for example) so ussda is not the only league doing this.

The team chemisty changes every year with the combo age groups so it's harder to keep teams together this way but in the long run has helped my player work harder but playing up could have done the same thing so not sure of the overall value of continuing this model in da, maybe some short term savings but long term development could suffer.
I agree. Shortsighted decision. Somehow there’s value to split the age groups for the girls but not the boys? Makes no sense. Guessing they caved to those clubs that claim they can’t field full 16s and 17s squads with their current talent pool, those clubs that complained about the added expense, or both.

Couple this decision with the fact that 7 of the 8 YNT jobs on the boys side are vacant...both indicative of the sad state of US Soccer and USSDA right now.

...and let’s not forget that US Soccer was sitting on a $120M surplus a year ago and had the opportunity to really invest in the next generation of talent. Guess they chose not to.

Some of the da clubs are now going to play/support other leagues like nplwest so they have places for the calendar year age groups (u11,u12, u16) that da doesn't offer.
the combined u16/u17 USSDA age group is an u17 age group where a handful of u16s play up. there is no USSDA option for 80% to 90% of u16s.

Doesn't make sense since they broke out the u15s boys due to developmental differences, plus they're now separating the girls age groups. Plus there's a dedicated u16-only national team.

looking at the boys' height and weight averages for the combined u16/u17 age group, in theory, an average 15 year old weighing 130 lbs (at the 50% mark for his age) could be on the field with a set of average 16 1/2 year olds weighing on 150 lbs (at the 50% mark for their age). And the +20 lbs is age-related added muscle.

yeah, there's players at the professional level who overcome this gap, but players like modric and messi are the .00001% exception. plus they're supported by world class training, injury prevention, conditioning and recovery.

Here's the 2019-2020 announcement for the girls..... http://www.ussoccerda.com/20190220-...in-Girls-Development-Academy-for-19-20-Season

And it has a little insight into the boys announcement to come......

"Expansion to Boys' Academy membership will be announced in the coming weeks. The 2019-20 regular season and event schedule will be released by June 1, 2019."

"Entering its 13th year in 2019-20, the Academy season will be comprised of teams across five age groups in the boys program: U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16/17 and U-18/19, and five age groups in the girls program: U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17 and U-18/19."

So now I guess we just wait to see if they expand the number of clubs since we know that they were accepting applications to do so.

Here's the 2019-2020 announcement for the girls..... http://www.ussoccerda.com/20190220-...in-Girls-Development-Academy-for-19-20-Season

And it has a little insight into the boys announcement to come......

"Expansion to Boys' Academy membership will be announced in the coming weeks. The 2019-20 regular season and event schedule will be released by June 1, 2019."

"Entering its 13th year in 2019-20, the Academy season will be comprised of teams across five age groups in the boys program: U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16/17 and U-18/19, and five age groups in the girls program: U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17 and U-18/19."

So now I guess we just wait to see if they expand the number of clubs since we know that they were accepting applications to do so.

wasn't there a rumor that U-13 will be removed in 20-21 season? it seems like boys side will eventually match girls side, U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17, U-18/19.

That’s just dumb......when are this people going to get things done right?

so, if I'm reading the threads correctly some of the B08 "DA" teams will have their own league to play in and others will play in the SCDSl for next year (2019-2020)? When you talk to the different coaches at the DA clubs they kind of beat around the bush with their answers...

so, if I'm reading the threads correctly some of the B08 "DA" teams will have their own league to play in and others will play in the SCDSl for next year (2019-2020)? When you talk to the different coaches at the DA clubs they kind of beat around the bush with their answers...
I don't think anyone knows yet. Pats is trying to set up a league for the 08s, but I don't think everyone is going to join. For the teams that don't, their 08s will be a "regular club" and play in whatever leagues their club teams play in (CSL or SCDSL).

I don't think anyone knows yet. Pats is trying to set up a league for the 08s, but I don't think everyone is going to join. For the teams that don't, their 08s will be a "regular club" and play in whatever leagues their club teams play in (CSL or SCDSL).

http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/so-cal-da-clubs-enter-npl-for-u11-u12.16639/

Nplwest.com a usclub soccer league will offer fall programming for those age groups. The academy clubs in that league currently will put teams in & some will get there affliates involved.

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-boys/npl-west-expands-adds-11-u-and-12-u-age-groups/

As far as other boys DA news; who's going to be the first new club to get olders besides LAFC?

Will some big names really opt out or reduce this time around? Nplwest a possibility for calendar year age groups

Are they going to expand the number of U15 teams to keep San Diego and Los Angeles separate? That is probably my biggest question.
interesting. could see adding two u15 teams in each group. and maybe rsl comes down to u15. Would put LA and SD at 9 teams each, so 24 games plus room for tournaments.

I imagine TFA will get a U15 team

They may well be deserving but the southwest div is more likely to be adding out of state teams vs local unless there are some deflections from what I heard.

The hang up currently is some east coast MLS teams who are considering breaking out so either the shoe going to drop or the will come up with some kind of compromise or changes to see those clubs play each other more frequently.

yup, and legends has been putting in competitive matches.
I suspect every current U14 team will get U15 and the current U13s will get U14. In the end, U14 will be the youngest group and it doesn't make sense for any clubs to have a single year DA.

I suspect every current U14 team will get U15 and the current U13s will get U14. In the end, U14 will be the youngest group and it doesn't make sense for any clubs to have a single year DA.

That's a big stretch since there are already (13) U15 teams in the Southwest Division and there are very few ( only 2 for example) non full academy clubs with U15. Could see 2-3 more teams but some of those could be from out of state. Ussda boys has expanded for several years but has repeatedly said this 19-20' season there will actually be fewer teams, with u12 out of the picture not sure how that all adds up but geography is going to play a role as the other states have been making big pushes.

That's a big stretch since there are already (13) U15 teams in the Southwest Division and there are very few ( only 2 for example) non full academy clubs with U15. Could see 2-3 more teams but some of those could be from out of state. Ussda boys has expanded for several years but has repeatedly said this 19-20' season there will actually be fewer teams, with u12 out of the picture not sure how that all adds up but geography is going to play a role as the other states have been making big pushes.
They've been talking about splitting the middle ages up to LA and SD like the youngers for a while now.

But I'll amend my earlier statement: I suspect every current U14 team will get U15 and the current U13s will get U14 or be dropped from the DA altogether. It doesn't make sense in the long run to have DA for just 1 or 2 years.

Hearing that Real Salt Lake Arizona and SC Del Sol to get U13 and U14 DA. Phoenix Rising to get U15 and older DA. No idea what division the U13 and U14 would play in (LA and SD are approx the same distance to PHX), and assuming Phoenix Rising will play in the SW division.

Hearing that Real Salt Lake Arizona and SC Del Sol to get U13 and U14 DA. Phoenix Rising to get U15 and older DA. No idea what division the U13 and U14 would play in (LA and SD are approx the same distance to PHX), and assuming Phoenix Rising will play in the SW division.
makes sense. RSL will be heading back - I think - to Utah and would guess they'd be in the LA group. SC del Sol and Phoenix likely would be SD. Any info on Nevada teams being added?

Back