Blues Cup - 2016

Looks like LEGENDS FC WEST is now in the flight 1 bracket C with Surf and Eagles.

i hope all the girls play quality soccer based upon what their coaches have trained them to do........have fun and show their talent with no stress of winning........may all the coaches be encouraging and masterful in the art of teaching the beautiful game!!!!

i hope all the girls play quality soccer based upon what their coaches have trained them to do........have fun and show their talent with no stress of winning........may all the coaches be encouraging and masterful in the art of teaching the beautiful game!!!!
A few more posts like this and you may become a poet

Small fields it is! I am hoping the rules are adjusted so that we don't have to witness the goalie punts into the net, shots from the kickoff (or goal kicks for that matter), and throw-ins into the goal from the midfield line. (and our team was just as guilty with all of these) I certainly understand what US Soccer is attempting to accomplish but this along with "6" girls in the box defending is tough to watch. Give some of these girls the credit they deserve and let's see some good soccer.

the ball just went out of bounds again............

Small fields it is! I am hoping the rules are adjusted so that we don't have to witness the goalie punts into the net, shots from the kickoff (or goal kicks for that matter), and throw-ins into the goal from the midfield line. (and our team was just as guilty with all of these) I certainly understand what US Soccer is attempting to accomplish but this along with "6" girls in the box defending is tough to watch. Give some of these girls the credit they deserve and let's see some good soccer.

the ball just went out of bounds again............
That Blows!

Semifinals are set:
Blues vs Albion
Striker vs Surf

OK so let me see if I can accurately recreate the known factors prior to kickoff between Albion & Strikers at 10:20 am. The winner of Bracket B plays the winner of Bracket C in the semifinals. At 10:20, Surf had just clinched Bracket C after beating Eagles 5-2. Albion is ahead of Strikers by exactly 10 points. So if Strikers does not get the win, with max goals of 3 and also get a shutout point, then Albion wins Bracket B and plays Surf in the semifinals. If Strikers wins by at least 3-0 but not more than 9-0, then Albion advances to the semifinals to play Blues and Eagles would be eliminated via tiebreaker because of goals against and then Strikers' reward for winning Bracket B is a date with Surf later today. Final score Strikers 5 Albion 0.

OK so let me see if I can accurately recreate the known factors prior to kickoff between Albion & Strikers at 10:20 am. The winner of Bracket B plays the winner of Bracket C in the semifinals. At 10:20, Surf had just clinched Bracket C after beating Eagles 5-2. Albion is ahead of Strikers by exactly 10 points. So if Strikers does not get the win, with max goals of 3 and also get a shutout point, then Albion wins Bracket B and plays Surf in the semifinals. If Strikers wins by at least 3-0 but not more than 9-0, then Albion advances to the semifinals to play Blues and Eagles would be eliminated via tiebreaker because of goals against and then Strikers' reward for winning Bracket B is a date with Surf later today. Final score Strikers 5 Albion 0.
Yes

I was wondering the same thing as I was watching the game. I wonder if anyone in the know knows if the Albion coach made any unusual lineup changes for that game (or even gave his girls less than competitive instructions)?

I was wondering the same thing as I was watching the game. I wonder if anyone in the know knows if the Albion coach made any unusual lineup changes for that game (or even gave his girls less than competitive instructions)?

This is interesting, I was expecting us to play Eagles in semis and instead we played Albion. I know for a fact that Strikers is not 5 goals better then Albion. Seen both teams play numerous times. It's not surprising since that Strikers coach only cares about winning. Borrows players for every tournament just to pull out a W and win throphies. What do you say to your players that train hard all week only to have little Katie come in and take your playing time. I would not put it past me if this was a "you scratch my back I scratch your back". Oh well at least they Lost to Surf and the teams that deserve to be in finals are in finals. You just don't expect these kind of favors at this level.

This is interesting, I was expecting us to play Eagles in semis and instead we played Albion. I know for a fact that Strikers is not 5 goals better then Albion. Seen both teams play numerous times. It's not surprising since that Strikers coach only cares about winning. Borrows players for every tournament just to pull out a W and win throphies. What do you say to your players that train hard all week only to have little Katie come in and take your playing time. I would not put it past me if this was a "you scratch my back I scratch your back". Oh well at least they Lost to Surf and the teams that deserve to be in finals are in finals. You just don't expect these kind of favors at this level.
Guests every weekend? Who guested for him this weekend. He cares only about winning but yet he plays all players equally. Funny that the same guest strikers used at copa de mar played with "your" team a couple weeks ago.

Guests every weekend? Who guested for him this weekend. He cares only about winning but yet he plays all players equally. Funny that the same guest strikers used at copa de mar played with "your" team a couple weeks ago.

Short on players, player on vacation was the reason.( once in awhile it's ok depending on the circumstance. With your team it's all the time). As a parent I would be ok with it on a special occasion. Of course he would have to play players equally after bringing on guest players. How else would you sell the parents on bringing guests. He would have no team. I know as a parent I would go elsewhere. Just because he plays them equally does not take away from the fact that he still brings guest every time. Your a sucker for being ok with it. How else are you suppose to build chemistry and get your team in rhythm when you constantly add a player for every tournament to try to win. That's not fair for the girls that put in all the work with their teammates. It's not like you guys are a flight 2 team and third tier club. The only reason you would do that is to try and win. No other real reason. Just notice a new player, she was #12 or #21 can't remember to be 100% positive. All I know is that she was either a guest(how could it be surprising) or a new player. She played a little left forward and she was super fast(I think she was left footed). Me and some of the dads actually play a gm "who can spot the guest player first". I also notice you did not defend the "I scratch your back, you scratch my back" accusation. There must be some truth to that.

Short on players, player on vacation was the reason.( once in awhile it's ok depending on the circumstance. With your team it's all the time). As a parent I would be ok with it on a special occasion. Of course he would have to play players equally after bringing on guest players. How else would you sell the parents on bringing guests. He would have no team. I know as a parent I would go elsewhere. Just because he plays them equally does not take away from the fact that he still brings guest every time. Your a sucker for being ok with it. How else are you suppose to build chemistry and get your team in rhythm when you constantly add a player for every tournament to try to win. That's not fair for the girls that put in all the work with their teammates. It's not like you guys are a flight 2 team and third tier club. The only reason you would do that is to try and win. No other real reason. Just notice a new player, she was #12 or #21 can't remember to be 100% positive. All I know is that she was either a guest(how could it be surprising) or a new player. She played a little left forward and she was super fast(I think she was left footed). Me and some of the dads actually play a gm "who can spot the guest player first". I also notice you did not defend the "I scratch your back, you scratch my back" accusation. There must be some truth to that.
You seem pretty concerned about our players and there playing time. Do you have a spreadsheet tracking there playing time. I bet your coach loves to see his inbox on Monday morning with the crap your compiling on behalf of the benefit of all the girls on your team. Susie played here and Katie played there for 15 minutes. Btw we didn't have a guest this weekend she's on our team. Good luck in the fall and can't wait to see you watching all our games.

Back