Blues Cup - 2016

Regular size 8v8 fields, Surf or Eagles would be the favorite. Smaller fields that were used in Oside and its anybody's game.

Surf is the Favorite! I'm just glad we're not wasting our time on those small fields! It's going to be a lot more fun to watch this girls play on a more appropriate size field and we get to watch the last of the keeper punts and headers at this age.

Legends looked tough in Surf Cup. I think "Bracket B#3" has a better chance of winning it all than SDSC--they've lost 3 times in the last month to a team playing in the lower flight.

Well I hope SDSC has this weekend off. They've already played 7 tournaments since late May and they've got NHB Cup and Blues Cup coming up.

I'm figuring Encinitas or Legends West should move to Flight 1 to fill the B3 spot. It might be easier to fill a flight 2 spot than finding someone willing to face Surf and Eagles in pool play.

Or maybe Beach Kaufman should enter and step up and play a higher level tournament. She is playing flight 1 SCDSL. Or a CDA team

Surf is the Favorite! I'm just glad we're not wasting our time on those small fields! It's going to be a lot more fun to watch this girls play on a more appropriate size field and we get to watch the last of the keeper punts and headers at this age.

Will the fields guaranteed to be bigger then Surf Cup?

Watching the Surf Cup gms it was anybody's gm. I think Surf and Eagles best teams in this age group but other teams are hungry and just as competitive. This is anybody's tournament. The small fields really netrulize those two forwards Surf has. The big girl had nowhere to run and their little star was bottled up with the small spaces. It was the luck of the bounce for all the teams, just horrible fields. Also the small fields made it difficult to goalkeep. Good luck everyone.

I just hope to see good soccer from a good team win it and roster players from their own team ....hate to see teams out there borrowing players and trying for results.... definitely going to watch my niece will be playing our team is not in good luck to all

Looking forward to it.
We play the blues. Should be a good test for us. Hopefully the fields are bigger . Especially for my daughter she cant use her speed on such a small field.

Looking forward to it.
We play the blues. Should be a good test for us. Hopefully the fields are bigger . Especially for my daughter she cant use her speed on such a small field.
Field's are 7V7 fields which means smaller, they are all set up at the complex. I believe everyone should just get used to it, no headers, smaller fields, smaller goals, play out of the back, etc, etc it certainly does level the playing field a bit.

Field's are 7V7 fields which means smaller, they are all set up at the complex. I believe everyone should just get used to it, no headers, smaller fields, smaller goals, play out of the back, etc, etc it certainly does level the playing field a bit.
All reports from people in the know indicate the field size will be a lot closer to 8v8 size.

Legends looked tough in Surf Cup. I think "Bracket B#3" has a better chance of winning it all than SDSC--they've lost 3 times in the last month to a team playing in the lower flight.
SDSC really was on the ropes at West Coast with Legends West - could have lost in regulation and went 8-9 PK rounds... Legends FC didn't get out of group at West Coast - Eagles, Surf or Blues to win at this time.

SDSC really was on the ropes at West Coast with Legends West - could have lost in regulation and went 8-9 PK rounds... Legends FC didn't get out of group at West Coast - Eagles, Surf or Blues to win at this time.
Also hearing they are going to the small "basketball" field - should be fun...

As long as there are no punts, that should help. Surf was unfortunate because of all of the set pieces from those punts. Add in the long throw ins and penalty kicks on the kick off, and the ball rarely stayed on the field. Just saw the rules for SCDSL, and there is even some shifting on the way offsides will be handled. Should be interesting.

Back