Big year coming up 2012 ecnl

Biggest adjustment for you parents entering ecnl for your first time is substitutions. You can’t re-enter after being subbed out for the half. So if someone gets hurt or is too tired to go on and gets subbed off the field and you’ve used all your subs that half you’re playing down a player.

Teams are playing to win and some coaches get very particular. They might not play your DD for a variety of reasons, they don’t like the weight of their passes, or if they don’t bend their knees on defense or whatever minute detail and use that to not play your kid. There’s back end deals being made all the time about how much play time or what position a kid is going to play too with some coaches and it won’t make sense sometimes as to why x player is on the field over y player. Playtime isn’t sometimes earned and coaches will still run with their aces even if they miss a month of practices. So it’s an adjustment so get ready. You always feel bad for the kid who flew to Az to not touch the field.

You’re at the age of acl tears. 14 girls in the 2010 age group by my count have torn their ACL’s since starting ECNL.

Your team might have a 20 win season but 1/2 your team including starters are going to be replaced by outside players coming in. Not to mention done girls are hitting maturity earlier than others which will play a role where your DD sits on the totem pole as there’s some girls who are little women out there playing against girls who are still little kids.

And as mentioned above, if you’re not in direct contact with coaches and practicing with these core groups who are going to make the foundation of the ecnl team then you’re already too late at this point of the game. Politics are huge and just remember, you can always pay your way out of an ECNL contract and get a release.

Take a deep breath and just be grateful for whatever opportunities come your way and pray for your DDs continued health and hopefully continued enjoyment of the ecnl rat race going forward.

Biggest adjustment for you parents entering ecnl for your first time is substitutions. You can’t re-enter after being subbed out for the half. So if someone gets hurt or is too tired to go on and gets subbed off the field and you’ve used all your subs that half you’re playing down a player.

Teams are playing to win and some coaches get very particular. They might not play your DD for a variety of reasons, they don’t like the weight of their passes, or if they don’t bend their knees on defense or whatever minute detail and use that to not play your kid. There’s back end deals being made all the time about how much play time or what position a kid is going to play too with some coaches and it won’t make sense sometimes as to why x player is on the field over y player. Playtime isn’t sometimes earned and coaches will still run with their aces even if they miss a month of practices. So it’s an adjustment so get ready. You always feel bad for the kid who flew to Az to not touch the field.

You’re at the age of acl tears. 14 girls in the 2010 age group by my count have torn their ACL’s since starting ECNL.

Your team might have a 20 win season but 1/2 your team including starters are going to be replaced by outside players coming in. Not to mention done girls are hitting maturity earlier than others which will play a role where your DD sits on the totem pole as there’s some girls who are little women out there playing against girls who are still little kids.

And as mentioned above, if you’re not in direct contact with coaches and practicing with these core groups who are going to make the foundation of the ecnl team then you’re already too late at this point of the game. Politics are huge and just remember, you can always pay your way out of an ECNL contract and get a release.

Take a deep breath and just be grateful for whatever opportunities come your way and pray for your DDs continued health and hopefully continued enjoyment of the ecnl rat race going forward.
What a lovely picture you paint lol. Maybe my dd should try tennis.

This is very true and a very honest response. ECNL is a rat race.

I played myself long long time ago, when all there was, was CSL lol, so I went through it myself a bit, club soccer wasn’t as big and it was more about having fun, now being a parent it for sure is stressful and you don’t wanna make the wrong move or make the wrong decision, honestly she has lots of offers and plenty choices to play at a top club/ecnl level, we been where we are for about 4yrs, so I think we are sticking it out here, it’ll be first year of ecnl so we will see how it goes, we been playing 11v11 all year so the team is pretty prepared for it 🤞🏽

There are two elite teams at this age group and that is Blues and Surf. Slammers HB is the tier underneath and there there is a big drop off after that with a handful of very good clubs.

For OC, Gateway Cities and SGV the best choice is Blues. For South Bay and Central LA the best choice is Beach. San Diego is Surf. San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita should travel out to Ventura County for Eagles (I don't recommend LAFC or Tudela)
I heard a rumor that Koge is taking quite a few Blues players for the 2024-25 season I don't know if this is true though

Back