Baseball..

The world's best baseball player will be a free agent at the end of this season. He is looking for a winning team, and (obviously) lots of money. Maybe the Padres?

MLB analyst predicts Shohei Ohtani's future home will not be far from his current one: "I see him with Dodgers or Padres who spend money" (sportskeeda.com)

The Padres already have 2 salary prima donnas on their roster and the 3rd highest payroll in MLB. Between Soto and Machado, you can't afford Ohtani. What your team needs is a psychiatrist. You'll never win anything.

The Padres already have 2 salary prima donnas on their roster and the 3rd highest payroll in MLB. Between Soto and Machado, you can't afford Ohtani. What your team needs is a psychiatrist. You'll never win anything.
What do you mean by "your team"? I haven't bought a ticket to a Padres game (although I have been to some games as a guest of those who have bought tickets) since our ticket dispute in 1999, nor have I bought any Padres-insignia gear since my original brown Padres hat (fitted, 7 and 3/8) fell apart about that time.

Just 2 prima donnas? You forgot Junior, Boegarts, Darvish, Musgrave ---

The King and I Etc , Etc , Etc YouTube2 - YouTube

What do you mean by "your team"? I haven't bought a ticket to a Padres game (although I have been to some games as a guest of those who have bought tickets) since our ticket dispute in 1999, nor have I bought any Padres-insignia gear since my original brown Padres hat (fitted, 7 and 3/8) fell apart about that time.

Just 2 prima donnas? You forgot Junior, Boegarts, Darvish, Musgrave ---

The King and I Etc , Etc , Etc YouTube2 - YouTube

Why would anybody buy a Padres ticket? The Tilted Kilt closing took away ANY incentive.

Why would anybody buy a Padres ticket? The Tilted Kilt closing took away ANY incentive.
The Padres have sold out their season ticket allotment and are accepting waiting list entries for the future. This year their average home attendance (41,176) is larger than the published seating capacity (40,209).

The world's best baseball player will be a free agent at the end of this season. He is looking for a winning team, and (obviously) lots of money. Maybe the Padres?

MLB analyst predicts Shohei Ohtani's future home will not be far from his current one: "I see him with Dodgers or Padres who spend money" (sportskeeda.com)
Ohtani and the Angels are scheduled to play in San Diego July 3, 4, 5. I'll have to start dropping hints to my friends with access to Padres tickets.

The Padres have sold out their season ticket allotment and are accepting waiting list entries for the future. This year their average home attendance (41,176) is larger than the published seating capacity (40,209).

1. Beautiful city
2. Beautiful park
3. Irrelevant team

My two daughters had a great time at the Angels this past Saturday, 4/8. Ohtani (both think he is really cute) bobble heads (I confiscated one of them since I got them the tickets). Fireworks. Neither are big baseball fans, but they felt the game moved quicker, had more action (same amount but in less time is what they were experiencing, although it was a high scoring game with 6 HR's), and they ended up having a great time. Older one was really surprised since she doesn't really like sports.

Ohtani and the Angels are scheduled to play in San Diego July 3, 4, 5. I'll have to start dropping hints to my friends with access to Padres tickets.
I took my wife last year to watch Ohtani get shelled from Blue Jays and that started their 11 game losers streak. Go Angels 2023!

Please don't go this year. Don't need another losing streak. ;)
I'm not bro. I caused it 100%. I was yelling at a few of Angels for not running out all the plays. Sat behind their dugout and gave earful to one guy who starred at me like I was a loser. I told him with the millions you make, no one should jog to 1st on anything. If he hustled, he would have been safe because SS made a boo boo. I was shocked with the lack of ganas with the Angels to be honest. It was not like 2002, let me tell you. I had tickets and got to use my thunder sticks on the Twins and Giant fans. I cried for my Angels in joy. 1985 was washed away with that world series and we did it for Gene. It's hard to watch the game today. I'm no fan.

I suspect that the aggressive compliance with the pitch clock rule by MLB umpires this year is evidence of a subtle campaign on their part to get rid of it.

My two daughters had a great time at the Angels this past Saturday, 4/8. Ohtani (both think he is really cute) bobble heads (I confiscated one of them since I got them the tickets). Fireworks. Neither are big baseball fans, but they felt the game moved quicker, had more action (same amount but in less time is what they were experiencing, although it was a high scoring game with 6 HR's), and they ended up having a great time. Older one was really surprised since she doesn't really like sports.

I prefer watching games at home on the big screen because of replays, good announcers, etc, but when I have an extra $2,000 burning a hole in my pocket, taking my kid to an actual game is wonderful. She's bummed her future husband, Cody Bellinger, is in Chicago now, but I think she's a Dodgers fan for life now. Glad your daughters had fun. ;)

That was interesting -- Tatis was picked off at first, but the Orioles pitcher Cionel Perez's throw was wide, so Tatis ended up on 3rd (SB plus E1) and then stole home before Perez made another pitch.

Last edited:
That was interesting -- Tatis was picked off at first, but the Orioles pitcher Cionel Perez's throw was wide, so Tatis ended up on 3rd (SB plus E1) and then stole home before Perez made another pitch.

Better video --

Back