All Team Rankings

I just checked DA standings and Legends have not lost a game. The true #1 team is Legends 03 Academy right now. They beat the Blues and scored 2 goals on a team that hasn't gave up any goals all season.
You're correct LA...although standings and W/L are not supposed to matter, it is interesting to note that Legends FC is in 1st place across all age divisions in the new Girls DA (or just out of 1st place by a fractional %). I guess it is pretty easy to figure out why the ECNL clubs didn't want Legends to crash their party over the past few years. Looks like the party is just starting for some, ending for others.

Updated through 10/17 (Added Records of Non-DA teams,) Agree or Disagree, Great List keep it going..

Some big games in DA really changes the table. I have included DA team records and goals for/against here now.

1. Legends Academy (5-0-1; 24, 8) – The top teams are so close and Legends pulls off minor upset against Blues. The top scorers on both teams did not disappoint as both 13 and 17 found the net, but Legends found it one more time. Had Legends losing a game, which was incorrect. Undefeated, best record, and beat former number one, they deserve the top spot. They still have some of the tough teams to play, so they will have to work to hold onto the top spot. The team definitely can score.

2. SD Galaxy Academy (4-0-2; 10,4) – One of two undefeated Academy teams gives them the #2 spot with key tie against Surf. Big difference from the 7-1 loss at Surf cup. Had this team highly ranked to start the season, but I never thought they would get this close to #1.

3. Blues Academy (5-1-0; 22, 2) – From clear number 1 to number 3 in a week. Still a formidable team with a great record and strong defense.

4. Surf Academy (3-1-2; 13, 8) – So talented, but not putting up the results. They are still just a few wins away from taking the number 1 spot.

5. San Diego Navy(6-1-0; 22, 3) – Still dominating the 2002 Champions Division at SCDSL.

6. Beach Academy (4-1-1; 11,7) – Team had one tough loss, but has turned it on since. Biggest mover on the Board as they keep winning.

7. Arsenal ECNL (3-0-1; 14, 5) – Tie with Strikers keeps them where they are.

8. Strikers ECNL (4-0-2; 13, 4) – Another top ECNL team that knows how to win. They had one of the strongest teams last year. While they lost a little talent, they still are very strong. Tie with Arsenal keeps them where they are.

9. Albion Academy (3-1-2; 6,8) – Another win pushes them up the list.

10. W. Coast Academy (3-3-1; 12, 11) – Win over hapless LA Premier and loss to del Sol knocks them down several notches.

11. I.E. Surf Premier (9-0-0; 37, 4)– Still dominating CSL. Perfect season looks likely.

12. TVH Hawks (5-0-1; 18, 2) – The top 2003 SCDSL team is tearing up the league (Navy is playing and destroying in the 02 bracket). Tie with Slammers moves them down a notch. Still likely to win SCDSL. Great performance thus far in CRL as well.

13. Slammers Academy (3-2-1; 8,8) -- Potential to shoot up the list with a few good wins.

14. LA Galaxy Academy (3-2; 14,10) – Close loss to Albion pushes their record and ranking down to where it likely should be.

15. Del Sol Academy (3-3; 19, 17) – Nice weekend gets them back to 500.

16. Crescenta Valley (7-0-0; 29, 0)– 29 goals for and 0 against. Still impressive even if it is against weaker competition.

17. Slammers ECNL (3-2-0; 8, 3)– Slammers B team is gaining on its sister team with win over Surf.

18. Del Mar Sharks ECNL (2-2-0; 5, 13)– A lot of potential to improve.

19. Surf ECNL (3-2-0; 16, 8)– Not the result they were hoping for this weekend.

20. Real So Cal Academy (2-4; 4,9) – Another loss makes them clearly a bottom 4 Academy team.

21. Blues ECNL (2-4-2; 10, 12)– Nice weekend could be the start of a turn around.

22. LA Premier Academy (0-6; 3, 20) – They get the gift of Eagles next weekend to hopefully turnaround their season.

23. Rebels (5-4-0; 17, 7)-- Another close loss to IE Surf keeps them where they are.

24. San Diego United Black(7-0-0; 30, 5) – 30 goals in 7 games. They are in the wrong league. Looking forward to League Cup.

25. Slammer VT (3-0-2; 8, 2)-- 2nd place in Champions. Tie against Hawks puts them on the list.

Honorable mentions: San Diego Orange, CZ Elite, AC Brea, BYSC, Santa Monica United, Simi Valley Eclipse, Beach Lohn, Slammers HB, Murrieta Surf, Slammers Whittier Alvarez, SGV Surf, Notts, Pats Academy, Eagles Academy

Question: is it possible to drop in ranking if you won both games you played this weekend?
If you are not an Academy team it is possible to fall a spot even if you win 2 since I am trying to fit the non Academy teams into the rankings. Here, IE Surf fell not because of anything they did but because Beach got moved up. It's also possible to move up even though you do nothing special if another team above you gets moved down.

You're correct LA...although standings and W/L are not supposed to matter, it is interesting to note that Legends FC is in 1st place across all age divisions in the new Girls DA (or just out of 1st place by a fractional %). I guess it is pretty easy to figure out why the ECNL clubs didn't want Legends to crash their party over the past few years. Looks like the party is just starting for some, ending for others.

OMGood graciousness....Slow down now captain turbo.....You really sound silly.

After all these years, ya just never changeo_O

It is nice to have Legends playing in the top tier now - they really did deserve it and are a good club. They would not have crashed last years party IMO but would have done well as a club in last years ECNL (probably 4th/5th overall club). This whole DA/ECNL thing is still a mess. But understand, Legends has had the easiest schedule of all SW teams so far this year - Burlingame, Albion, Eagles, SC Del Sol, Lamorinda wins are nothing to get excited about. I do think they will continue to do well though.

But understand, Legends has had the easiest schedule of all SW teams so far this year - Burlingame, Albion, Eagles, SC Del Sol, Lamorinda wins are nothing to get excited about.
also eagles, blues, and west coast...all ecnl clubs, and pretty good ecnl clubs

Kudos to Legends flying high in the USSDA...when everyone thought that this might be the answer to our soccer problem, we create a league that provides a platform for more of the same. Nothing against Legends but the approach is more of the same ol bigger, faster, stronger to succeed. Maybe that was the plan all along?

Kudos to Legends flying high in the USSDA...when everyone thought that this might be the answer to our soccer problem, we create a league that provides a platform for more of the same. Nothing against Legends but the approach is more of the same ol bigger, faster, stronger to succeed. Maybe that was the plan all along?

Agree more of the same. Parents want the wins - most of the members on here only talk about the wins, etc. I watched a top DA team this weekend and the girls scoring all their goals have no future after club soccer (unless they learn to play) when they go against players like MAPs daughter instead of the skinny kids they were running over. Everyone was saying "look at how good that girl is", etc. and I was just shaking my head left to right.

I watched a top DA team this weekend and the girls scoring all their goals have no future after club soccer (unless they learn to play) when they go against players like MAPs daughter instead of the skinny kids they were running over
Agree. IDK anything about MAP's DD but if she is who you say she is, I would rather my DD learn to play against her and learn how to battle that kind of player (especially during the recruitment years) than run over "skinny" kids to no relevant end IMHO.

Agree more of the same. Parents want the wins - most of the members on here only talk about the wins, etc. I watched a top DA team this weekend and the girls scoring all their goals have no future after club soccer (unless they learn to play) when they go against players like MAPs daughter instead of the skinny kids they were running over. Everyone was saying "look at how good that girl is", etc. and I was just shaking my head left to right.

This could not be more accurate. I don't get irritated anymore though because they legitimately have no idea they are wrong. The DA tapes are great to listen to what the parents think is a "Great job", or "go Chloe" - you can tell so much about the parents by what they think is a highlight or what they are cheering. The coaches recruit their girls, their girls get play time, the hacks are effective, the parents call it "direct soccer" so really it's no use having any type of conversation any more with anyone. Focus on your own player and the colleges she wants to go to. Focus on the coach that puts her in the right position where she can maximize her own play time and skill set. Seek outside opportunities. Keep to yourself.

Updated through 10/17

Some big games in DA really changes the table. I have included DA team records and goals for/against here now.

1. SD Galaxy Academy (4-0-2; 10,4) – Only undefeated Academy team takes the top spot with key tie against Surf. Big difference from the 7-1 loss at Surf cup. Had this team highly ranked to start the season, but I never thought they would get to #1.

2. Legends Academy (4-1-1; 24, 8) – The top teams are so close and Legends pulls off minor upset against Blues. The top scorers on both teams did not disappoint as both 13 and 17 found the net, but Legends found it one more time.

3. Blues Academy (5-1; 22, 2) – From clear number 1 to number 3 in a week. Still a formidable team with a great record and strong defense.

4. Surf Academy (3-1-2; 13, 8) – So talented, but not putting up the results. They are still just a few wins away from taking the number 1 spot.

5. San Diego Navy – Still dominating the 2002 Champions Division at SCDSL.

6. Beach Academy (4-1-1; 11,7) – Team had one tough loss, but has turned it on since. Biggest mover on the Board as they keep winning.

7. Arsenal ECNL – Tie with Strikers keeps them where they are.

8. Strikers ECNL – Another top ECNL team that knows how to win. They had one of the strongest teams last year. While they lost a little talent, they still are very strong. Tie with Arsenal keeps them where they are.

10. W. Coast Academy (3-3-1; 12, 11) – Win over hapless LA Premier and loss to del Sol knocks them down several notches.

11. I.E. Surf Premier – Still dominating CSL. Perfect season looks likely.

12. TVH Hawks – The top 2003 SCDSL team is tearing up the league (Navy is playing and destroying in the 02 bracket). Tie with Slammers moves them down a notch. Still likely to win SCDSL. Great performance thus far in CRL as well.

13. Slammers Academy (3-2-1; 8,8) -- Potential to shoot up the list with a few good wins.

14. LA Galaxy Academy (3-2; 14,10) – Close loss to Albion pushes their record and ranking down to where it likely should be.

16. Crescenta Valley – 29 goals for and 0 against. Still impressive even if it is against weaker competition.

17. Slammers ECNL – Slammers B team is gaining on its sister team with win over Surf.

18. Del Mar Sharks ECNL – A lot of potential to improve.

19. Surf ECNL – Not the result they were hoping for this weekend.

20. Real So Cal Academy (2-4; 4,9) – Another loss makes them clearly a bottom 4 Academy team.

21. Blues ECNL – Nice weekend could be the start of a turn around.

22. LA Premier Academy (0-6; 3, 20) – They get the gift of Eagles next weekend to hopefully turnaround their season.

23. Rebels -- Another close loss to IE Surf keeps them where they are.

24. San Diego United Black – 30 goals in 7 games. They are in the wrong league. Looking forward to League Cup.

25. Slammer VT -- 2nd place in Champions. Tie against Hawks puts them on the list.

Honorable mentions: San Diego Orange, CZ Elite, AC Brea, BYSC, Santa Monica United, Simi Valley Eclipse, Beach Lohn, Slammers HB, Murrieta Surf, Slammers Whittier Alvarez, SGV Surf, Notts, Pats Academy, Eagles Academy
Who sets the schedule, please be specific. Why has one club played 9 games while some only 5 or 6?

The race for 2nd in CSL premier is staying interesting and Arsenal had a nice win over Heat, but just Academy this week, since nothing really changed for the non-Academy teams and the Academy had great match ups and some major surprises that really moved the rankings.

Tier 1 – The Contenders

These are the teams that are going to be vying for a championship by the end of the year. If you are a scout, these are the must watch teams.

1. Legends Academy (6-0-1; 26, 9) – With the best record and a win against Blues, they deserve the top spot, but they are going to have to prove it next weekend as they play Surf at Surf. A game worth going to. I think Surf has the talent and should get the win, but Surf has been inconsistent, so a Legends win is definitely a possibility. I am calling a 2-2 tie, with Legends holding on to #1.

2. Surf Academy (4-1-2; 16, 10) – The results are finally matching the talent. A close win against Blues pushes them to the 1 v 2 showdown next weekend. There should be a clear number 1 after that game (at least for next week -- the way things are going, there is a lot of parity at the top).

3. SD Galaxy Academy (4-0-3; 12,6) – Still undefeated with strong come from behind tie against Beach. They don’t impress, they don’t blow anyone out, they just get results. Not a team anyone is really afraid of, but not a team anyone wants to play either.

4. Blues Academy (5-2; 24, 5) – A bad stretch drops them to number four. They have the potential to make another run at the top.

5. Beach Academy (4-1-2; 13, 9) – They are looking better each week. The loss to del Sol is a long memory as this team is showing it can compete with the best. This is what I would say is the last Tier 1 team right now.

Tier 2 – The Sleepers

These teams are all extremely strong and would beat almost all non-Academy teams. They all have the potential of breaking into Tier 1, but a championship by any of them would be a major upset.

6. W. Coast Academy (3-3-1; 12, 11) – Off week for the top 2nd tier team. They are right on the border of the top tier and will likely move in and out of it depending on their results each week.

7. Albion Academy (3-1-3; 8,10) – They have competed each week. Although they lack the talent of some of the top teams, they give 100% every game and that has shown in their results. For a team I thought would finish near the bottom, I am really impressed

8. Slammers Academy (3-3-1; 9,10) – Played Legends close, but they are still a few steps behind the top teams. While they are doing fine, they are not living up to expectations.

9. Del Sol Academy (3-3; 19, 17) – Off weekend. They have the potential to move up with some games against the top teams. They have shown they can beat the best with the big win against Beach, and everyone knows they can score, so if they can play a little defense, they could take out any of the top guns.

10. Real So Cal Academy (3-4; 4,9) – Nice win over LA Galaxy gives them wins over the bottom teams. They are still close to the bottom of Tier 2, but one key win, could definitely move them up.

11. LA Galaxy Academy (3-3; 14,11) – With wins only over the bottom 3 teams, this team’s record is a bit deceiving. They have to beat a good team before they can gain any real credibility.

Tier 3 – The Struggling

These teams are struggling badly, but they each had their first non-loss last weekend, so maybe things are looking up.

12. Eagles (1-6; 6, 29) -- I did not think Eagles would have much of a shot against Premier’s decent 2nd team, let alone Premier’s first team. Well done Eagles. I apologize for all of the grief I have given you. Eagles still has some work to do to get out of the cellar, but they were an ECNL team, so they should know what it takes. They have a real chance to make it 2 in a row next week.

13. Pats (0-6-1; 2, 13) – They finally scored their first goals of the season in a 2-2 tie with Albion. Rumors were players were looking to leave this team as the scoring drought was causing a lot of dissention. Some goals and a tie may push this off a bit. They get Eagles next week in the battle of the struggling. Should be an interesting game.

Tier 5 – The Pathetic

With a loss to Eagles, LA Premier gets its own tier. Hard to even still call this an Academy team.

14. LA Premier Academy (0-7; 5, 24) -- The only team without a league win or tie. I really thought they had the potential to move up in the rankings as they had some easy games ahead and at least a few good players, but they managed to do the impossible and give a hopeless Eagle's team its first win. This loss may result in the few top players finding a new home before this ship finishes sinking. If you know anything about club soccer, you know there are some unhappy parents right now.

For the most part, I agree with your ranking assessment. I've mentioned previously that certain teams have definitely had favorable schedules over others. Beach has had a favorable schedule no doubt. They have played only 1 team in your top 4, their day of reckoning will be at hand sooner or later(see LA Galaxy). Just an observation, not the most consistent team, but West Coast has tied your #1 and beaten your #2 ranked team. Also, the next two weeks will show if Galaxy SD is for real.

Just Academy Rankings again. Not much changed in non Academy teams. Arsenal and Strikers still on top in ECNL, though Arsenal added a nice win over Heat. IE Surf is still absolutely dominating CSL, though Rebels did give them two games. Navy, Hawks, and Crescenta Valley are still the top teams in SCDSL. Academy, however, is interesting every week. I'll update the top 25 after CSL and SCDSL regular seasons end.

1. Legends Academy (6-0-2; 26, 9) – Game of the week produced hard fought tie against Surf. Best record, Surf tie, and recent win over Blues give Legends the top spot. Interesting that the top Academy team (to date) came from a non ECNL club. Legends finally gets an even playing field. Everyone needs to look out.

2. Surf Academy (4-1-3; 16, 10) – Very close to Legends as they tied them and also beat Blues, but some inconsistent games push the league's most-talented team down to the #2 spot.

3. Blues Academy (6-2; 27, 6) – Big win over previously undefeated San Diego Galaxy pushes them to 3. Not surprising to see Legends, Surf, and Blues in the top 3. They also took over the league lead in goals.

4. SD Galaxy Academy (4-1-3; 14,7) – Loss to Blues pushes them down to 4. With Legends next week, they may fall further, or shoot up the charts. A win could push them to Number 1. I'm not predicting a win though.

5. Beach Academy (5-1-2; 15, 9) – Game against West Coast next week should be an interesting one. I'm predicting a 2-1 victory by West Coast.

6. W. Coast Academy (4-3-1; 13, 11) – Big win against Slammers gives them an argument that they should be as high as #4. A win against Beach would definitely help their case. Two compelling games next week are Beach v. W. Coast and Legends v. S.D. Galaxy.

7. Albion Academy (4-1-3; 10,10) – The surprise team of the division keeps on winning. With only one loss, I may have them ranked too low. I think there is a drop off after the the top 7 teams.

8. Slammers Academy (3-4-1; 9,11) – This would be a very different team if two of the best players in the age group playing up on the 2001 team were playing here. The team is still very good, but they are a step behind the top teams.

9. LA Galaxy Academy (3-4; 14,13) – I thought they had a chance to upset Beach, but it was not to be. As Chiefs pointed out, a favorable early schedule made this team look better than it really was.

10. Del Sol Academy (3-4; 19, 19) – With several recent poor performances, they should really be lower, but the teams below them are just not very good.

11. Real So Cal Academy (3-4-1; 4,9) – 0-0 tie to struggling LA Premier team shows this team's weakness -- it can't score. With a strong defense and top goalie, the team could be much higher if they could find a scorer. 3 wins and a tie with only 4 goals is pretty impressive.

12. Pats (1-6-1; 4, 14) – They took advantage of their game with Eagles and got their first win. With a tie and win the last 2 times out, they are trending up.

13. Eagles (1-7; 7, 31) -- Loss to Pats ruined their chance at 2 in a row and respectability. I thought they were going to do it after taking LA Premier, but it was not to be.

14. LA Premier Academy (0-7-1; 5, 24) -- Still the only team without a league win, but at least they pulled out a tie. Certainly a nice bounce back from the embarrassing loss to Eagles. It seems unlikely that they will find a win before the end of the Fall season, or even anytime soon in the Spring. They don't get Eagles again until June 2nd, so it could be a long wait. They do have a shot against del Sol.

Updated through 10/17 (Added Records of Non-DA teams,) Agree or Disagree, Great List keep it going..

1. Legends Academy (5-0-1; 24, 8) – The top teams are so close and Legends pulls off minor upset against Blues. The top scorers on both teams did not disappoint as both 13 and 17 found the net, but Legends found it one more time. Had Legends losing a game, which was incorrect. Undefeated, best record, and beat former number one, they deserve the top spot. They still have some of the tough teams to play, so they will have to work to hold onto the top spot. The team definitely can score.

2. SD Galaxy Academy (4-0-2; 10,4) – One of two undefeated Academy teams gives them the #2 spot with key tie against Surf. Big difference from the 7-1 loss at Surf cup. Had this team highly ranked to start the season, but I never thought they would get this close to #1.

3. Blues Academy (5-1-0; 22, 2) – From clear number 1 to number 3 in a week. Still a formidable team with a great record and strong defense.

5. San Diego Navy(6-1-0; 22, 3) – Still dominating the 2002 Champions Division at SCDSL.

7. Arsenal ECNL (3-0-1; 14, 5) – Tie with Strikers keeps them where they are.

8. Strikers ECNL (4-0-2; 13, 4) – Another top ECNL team that knows how to win. They had one of the strongest teams last year. While they lost a little talent, they still are very strong. Tie with Arsenal keeps them where they are.

11. I.E. Surf Premier (9-0-0; 37, 4)– Still dominating CSL. Perfect season looks likely.

12. TVH Hawks (5-0-1; 18, 2) – The top 2003 SCDSL team is tearing up the league (Navy is playing and destroying in the 02 bracket). Tie with Slammers moves them down a notch. Still likely to win SCDSL. Great performance thus far in CRL as well.

16. Crescenta Valley (7-0-0; 29, 0)– 29 goals for and 0 against. Still impressive even if it is against weaker competition.

17. Slammers ECNL (3-2-0; 8, 3)– Slammers B team is gaining on its sister team with win over Surf.

18. Del Mar Sharks ECNL (2-2-0; 5, 13)– A lot of potential to improve.

19. Surf ECNL (3-2-0; 16, 8)– Not the result they were hoping for this weekend.

21. Blues ECNL (2-4-2; 10, 12)– Nice weekend could be the start of a turn around.

23. Rebels (5-4-0; 17, 7)-- Another close loss to IE Surf keeps them where they are.

24. San Diego United Black(7-0-0; 30, 5) – 30 goals in 7 games. They are in the wrong league. Looking forward to League Cup.

25. Slammer VT (3-0-2; 8, 2)-- 2nd place in Champions. Tie against Hawks puts them on the list.

Was it this same SDSC team that lost to LAGSD’s 03 DPL team yesterday?

Back