2023-24 Season

Are there any ‘dark horses’ that will make noise in the age group? It appears that Blues is the cream of the crop…

Are there any ‘dark horses’ that will make noise in the age group? It appears that Blues is the cream of the crop…
Blues is the top dog until somebody beats them but I do not think they are as dominant as they once were. A few players have left and their best player moved up to 2010 recently. Legends, Koge, Slammers FC, Eagles, Beach and Surf should all be considered the just under Blues. Surf Cup should be telling about where everyone stands now that we will see what these teams are gonna look like heading into ECNL

One thing I can say about the Blues, they always come back and try again with new players. 100% they're not the dominate club they once were. They always had their top coaches recruiting hard and parents actually paid to play at Blues. In todays club soccer environment, the top clubs buy the top Blues talent or the top Pro teams sign your top 15 year old. It's not easy getting your top players bought with full rides around the U12 age like some clubs can do.

Blues is the top dog until somebody beats them but I do not think they are as dominant as they once were. A few players have left and their best player moved up to 2010 recently. Legends, Koge, Slammers FC, Eagles, Beach and Surf should all be considered the just under Blues. Surf Cup should be telling about where everyone stands now that we will see what these teams are gonna look like heading into ECNL
I know the 2010 Blues are hurting a bit for starters, sounds like they got a good one, in the top 2011 in the club. I’m surprised to see Eagles mentioned, I didn’t think they were going to be a factor. I know Legends have some players too

I know the 2010 Blues are hurting a bit for starters, sounds like they got a good one, in the top 2011 in the club.
The player is very special
I’m surprised to see Eagles mentioned, I didn’t think they were going to be a factor.
SR has them #2 in California so it should not be a surprise
I know Legends have some players too
They have added some really talented girls the last few months

Blues crushed Eagles 7-0 last weekend. The hype going into it was CA's #1 vs #2 so the score was shocking to say the least! Legends was the hottest team coming into the season but lost to SD surf 3-0. Slammers FC looked like a forced to be reckoned with but had 0-0 draws against Utah Royals and Beach. The top 10 teams outside of Blues can beat each other any given day

Blues crushed Eagles 7-0 last weekend. The hype going into it was CA's #1 vs #2 so the score was shocking to say the least!

Their rankings are quite close - but their ratings actually aren't. Blues show as significantly stronger than Eagles, and would be expected to win pretty easily.

blues eagles.jpg

Legends was the hottest team coming into the season but lost to SD surf 3-0.

Yep. Looks like the perceived demise of Surf may have been premature.

surf legends.jpg

Slammers FC looked like a forced to be reckoned with but had 0-0 draws against Utah Royals and Beach.

Yes - both of those draws were pretty unexpected, especially against the Royals.

slammers.jpg

The top 10 teams outside of Blues can beat each other any given day

This is a good take. Blues would be expected to win pretty easily against essentially every other team in the top 10 or otherwise - but #2-#10 are close enough that both teams have reasonable chances of success.

Blues crushed Eagles 7-0 last weekend. The hype going into it was CA's #1 vs #2 so the score was shocking to say the least! Legends was the hottest team coming into the season but lost to SD surf 3-0. Slammers FC looked like a forced to be reckoned with but had 0-0 draws against Utah Royals and Beach. The top 10 teams outside of Blues can beat each other any given day

I was wondering how that Blues offense changed on a dime. From barely beating Pats 1-0 and tying Koge. I heard they lost their striker and have brought a dynamic 2012 striker who is now playing in the 2011 ecnl team. Now the offense is moving much faster therefore allowing them to score much more now.

I was wondering how that Blues offense changed on a dime. From barely beating Pats 1-0 and tying Koge. I heard they lost their striker and have brought a dynamic 2012 striker who is now playing in the 2011 ecnl team. Now the offense is moving much faster therefore allowing them to score much more now.
Not just 1 2012 was brought in but 3 of them

Back