Espolistas.

I think you can find fault in anyone if you really want to see it.
But that said, I sure don't see how anyone could claim that Espola is afraid to articulate his beliefs, or unable to defend those beliefs. If anything I think your problem with Espola would better be described as he's a little smart and bold?

Youʻre smart and bold. Youʻll figure it out.

Yes I could guess, but seems like you'd want to make sure your posts are understood correctly?
I mean unless you are afraid you can't defend them. In which case just say so. That's all it takes... just one little "guys I'm not so smart in the melon, so go slow"; and baddy-bing we'll take it easy on you. At least I will. Can't speak for espola. He's so mad, bad and dangerous to know apparently.

Yes I could guess, but seems like you'd want to make sure your posts are understood correctly?
I mean unless you are afraid you can't defend them. In which case just say so. That's all it takes... just one little "guys I'm not so smart in the melon, so go slow"; and baddy-bing we'll take it easy on you. At least I will. Can't speak for espola. He's so mad, bad and dangerous to know apparently.

Cane - fu --

Cane - fu --

A coyote came up off the golf course about dawn this morning onto the neighbor's patio while she was enjoying her morning coffee and tried to carry off her little barky dog. The neighbor threw her coffee cup at the coyote who then ran off up toward the 5th tee.

Just a few minutes ago I went out to light my charcoal grill and a reddish-grey coyote was standing in the cart path looking at me. I grabbed my patio cane and challenged him by walking in his direction. He headed the same way as the one this morning and then hopped the low wall into one of the houses along the fairway that I suspect is usually vacant this time of year (snowbirds live there in the winter). I theorize that the local coyotes thrive on a diet of small pets and unharvested backyard fruit trees in addition to their usual wild fare of rabbits and lizards.

A coyote came up off the golf course about dawn this morning onto the neighbor's patio while she was enjoying her morning coffee and tried to carry off her little barky dog. The neighbor threw her coffee cup at the coyote who then ran off up toward the 5th tee.

Just a few minutes ago I went out to light my charcoal grill and a reddish-grey coyote was standing in the cart path looking at me. I grabbed my patio cane and challenged him by walking in his direction. He headed the same way as the one this morning and then hopped the low wall into one of the houses along the fairway that I suspect is usually vacant this time of year (snowbirds live there in the winter). I theorize that the local coyotes thrive on a diet of small pets and unharvested backyard fruit trees in addition to their usual wild fare of rabbits and lizards.

Yes, coyote's and people can't co-exist if coyotes aren't afraid. You have to chase them off and show dominance or they just don't get it.

There was a big problem with them carrying off people pets in Simi Vally I think it was some years back? Not sure what they did to stop it, but undoubtedly hired trappers.

We oldsters have an advantage if a mugger isn't expecting us to fight back. If it comes down to a fight to the death, a 20-something is putting a bigger bet on the table than we are.

It hurts when I stub my toe on the couch. I can only imagine what getting strategically smacked by a wooden cane feels like.

Yes, coyote's and people can't co-exist if coyotes aren't afraid. You have to chase them off and show dominance or they just don't get it.

There was a big problem with them carrying off people pets in Simi Vally I think it was some years back? Not sure what they did to stop it, but undoubtedly hired trappers.

From '76 to '93 I lived in a house in Poway that was 5 houses down the block from the San Diego city line. On the other side was the big Dailey Corp cattle ranch and gravel pit operation when we moved there in '76. Coyotes carried off many small pets (including several of my cats over the years) and rattlesnakes were a yearly caution. What eventually "solved" the coyote problem in that neighborhood was a housing development centered on the Carmel Mountain Ranch Golf Course just over the fence on the San Diego side.

Back