2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

UCI makes you pay no matter what. What happened with LMU?

Lots of teams sell tickets to scrimmages. I’ve paid at multiple places for scrimmages. Having worked in an athletic department it’s more likely the admin doesn’t want to staff ticket booths (and pay workers) for a scrimmage when it’s most likely to be a wash money wise.

Lots of teams sell tickets to scrimmages. I paid at Fullerton for their scrimmage.

Seems cheesy to me. This is the first time my kid has had an away scrimmage during the regular season and not coincidentally it will be the first time that I will have to pay for a game that doesn’t count. Isn’t the $10 for parking enough? It’s a meaningless game.

Lots of teams sell tickets to scrimmages. I’ve paid at multiple places for scrimmages. Having worked in an athletic department it’s more likely the admin doesn’t want to staff ticket booths (and pay workers) for a scrimmage when it’s most likely to be a wash money wise.

But it's a bad precedent to stop charging admission fees.

Stanford is mopping up Missouri. 6-0 in the 2nd 30 minute period. It was 0-0 in the first 30 minutes.

I think that tells us Stanford's bench is a hell of lot better then Mizzou's. Elite teams like them and UCLA have 1st team players coming off the bench. To compete, other teams have to be off the charts in shape and have an excellent goalie.

I think that tells us Stanford's bench is a hell of lot better then Mizzou's. Elite teams like them and UCLA have 1st team players coming off the bench. To compete, other teams have to be off the charts in shape and have an excellent goalie.

Agreed. They started a lineup mixed with starters and subs.

Seems cheesy to me. This is the first time my kid has had an away scrimmage during the regular season and not coincidentally it will be the first time that I will have to pay for a game that doesn’t count. Isn’t the $10 for parking enough? It’s a meaningless game.
If you don't mind a bit of a walk, you can park for free on the street on Innovation Drive, off of California Avenue. Not a big deal for a one-off game, but back in the days of CSL Premier it saved $10 every weekend.

If you don't mind a bit of a walk, you can park for free on the street on Innovation Drive, off of California Avenue. Not a big deal for a one-off game, but back in the days of CSL Premier it saved $10 every weekend.

It's not that big of a deal as it's only one game. I will give up the $10 because my 10 year old will complain about walking (he already complains about having to give up his Sundays having to go see his sister play). Thanks for the tip.

Good luck to you and your player this season.

Let's see. Stanford's first unit will be as formidable offensively as ever. The real question will be how will they defend. Penn State is definitely going to ask that question and their defense will be slightly better than Missouri. The Cardinal has definitely done nothing to dispel the notion that they are going to be in their 4th straight College Cup, this one in their own backyard.

Answers are coming soon. Looks like they upgraded in between the pipes. I am curious as to who is going to play in the midfield. My wish is for them to play Macario at the 10. Get her far away from the net. She can definitely create for her teammates but against the best teams she is much more effective hugging the backline. The Florida States, UCLA's, Penn States and North Carolina's of the world are good enough on the backline to prevent her from doing much from anywhere other than an advanced position. With Smith, Haley and Kuhlman as forward options let's hope that Paul gets greedy and tries to have all of his sports cars on the track at the same time.

The only way anyone is going to beat them is to make them use their young bench and to attack their defense. Losing Davidson, Cook and McGrady cannot be understated. 3 first round talents that have been playing together for 3 years is significant. Keep an eye on the defense...

It's not that big of a deal as it's only one game. I will give up the $10 because my 10 year old will complain about walking (he already complains about having to give up his Sundays having to go see his sister play). Thanks for the tip.

Good luck to you and your player this season.

Thanks and good luck to yours as well. We will be watching some of the Stanford and UCLA games this season.

I would always pull into Lot 6 off of W. Peltason to drop everyone off, then go and park and walk back. As soon as the game would end, I would walk back to the car and pick everyone up in Lot 6. Luckily, DD's school does not charge parking on weekends.

Marcario had 3 goals and 3 assists. Stanford scored 7. If she came off the bench for that 2d of 3 periods, I'd agree that Stanford's bench was better than Mizzou's.

Marcario had 3 goals and 3 assists. Stanford scored 7. If she came off the bench for that 2d of 3 periods, I'd agree that Stanford's bench was better than Mizzou's.
I know it's only the pre-season but I think Marcario will be the runaway winner of the Mac Herman this year.
5e41UcE2_400x400.png

From what I saw on Twitter they mixed up their starters with their subs. It appears that only 22 of 25 on the roster played. Their roster is talented from top to bottom. It will be interesting to see who they put in the midfield. That is their big question mark. Dibiasi, Bossiere and Xiao are 3 huge losses...

Back