2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

I think that my favorite part of this season's schedule (outside of a mid-September trip to Hawaii for 5 days YAY!) is $C opening up conference play hosting Stanford! My kid gets Cal at home and $C and the Cardinal get to have a slugfest across town! It's on a Saturday and whichever team loses will be chasing the Bruins and the winner the rest of the way! This season is going to be fun.

How did Notre Dame become such a shit show? They are a top 20 academic university. One of the storied programs of women's soccer has lost their top player via transfer every year that my kid has been in college. First it was Morgan Andrews, then it was Natalie Jacobs and now Jennifer Westendorf. Westendorf was once the #1 player in my kid's class and by the time they went to college she was still in the top 5. Picking the school first is soooooooooooo important!

How did Notre Dame become such a shit show? They are a top 20 academic university. One of the storied programs of women's soccer has lost their top player via transfer every year that my kid has been in college. First it was Morgan Andrews, then it was Natalie Jacobs and now Jennifer Westendorf. Westendorf was once the #1 player in my kid's class and by the time they went to college she was still in the top 5. Picking the school first is soooooooooooo important!
Had heard all spring that Westendorf was coming to SC. Then heard she wasn't and wasn't even going to play anymore. Where did she go or what's the news?

Had heard all spring that Westendorf was coming to SC. Then heard she wasn't and wasn't even going to play anymore. Where did she go or what's the news?

I heard that she applied to the transfer portal and something got screwed up with her coming to $C. I also heard that she is going to have to wait until the season is over to transfer (sort of like Taylor Zeimer had to do last year when she left Virginia and was announced during the early signing period as a transfer for Twxas A&M).

Good luck to you and your player. I hope that she gets better fast!

We got em right where we want em!

Why don't you guys surprise that other school in town with a win in the scrimmage. Give them something to think about. I am curious about their depth with their best player and another one of their first 16 from last season missing. Not to mention the two players that got drafted. The first XI will be one of the top 5 in the country but what will their bench look like? I am guessing lots of freshmen will have a chance. I think that they and Florida State are in a similar situation. Great starters not much experienced depth.

Why don't you guys surprise that other school in town with a win in the scrimmage. Give them something to think about. I am curious about their depth with their best player and another one of their first 16 from last season missing. Not to mention the two players that got drafted. The first XI will be one of the top 5 in the country but what will their bench look like? I am guessing lots of freshmen will have a chance. I think that they and Florida State are in a similar situation. Great starters not much experienced depth.

Scrimmages have "wins" now? A coach who is cleverly using his scrimmage game time to try out new recruits or tactics probably doesn't care about the "win". Several of the scrimmages I watched were conducted as a round robin among three teams, so each got to play 2 games in one day. In a different situation of only one game that day, the teams and referees agreed before the game started that they would play full overtime periods, regardless of the score.

Scrimmages have "wins" now? A coach who is cleverly using his scrimmage game time to try out new recruits or tactics probably doesn't care about the "win". Several of the scrimmages I watched were conducted as a round robin among three teams, so each got to play 2 games in one day. In a different situation of only one game that day, the teams and referees agreed before the game started that they would play full overtime periods, regardless of the score.

Yeah, yeah, but will they all still be tied for first, and last?

Back