2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

They cannot be in high school per NCAA rules so 8th grade and younger.

Thank you for the response. I figured that they had to be younger because a group of high school boys playing high level soccer would beat pretty much any woman’s team pretty handily. Still a good result for Stanford.

2019. She is graduating early. Magna Cum Laude. As soon as the season is over in December she won’t be returning. Taking 2 classes and an LSAT prep class during the summer and she has 3 classes this fall and then she is finished.

MAP - I want to loop back to this with a sincere congrats to your girl. She's really a special young woman. CRUSHING it in the classroom and CRUSHING it and on the field. She's been a great example for girls who know her, or have had the opportunity to play with and/or against her, from club to HS to college.......As a matter of fact, it was your DD starting as a freshman that initiated great discussions between me/my DD with topics of "if she did it... I can do it too" mindset on the field, and in the classroom.

Best of luck to her upcoming final season, it's about that time for her/her girls to get that natty ;)

MAP - I want to loop back to this with a sincere congrats to your girl. She's really a special young woman. CRUSHING it in the classroom and CRUSHING it and on the field. She's been a great example for girls who know her, or have had the opportunity to play with and/or against her, from club to HS to college.......As a matter of fact, it was your DD starting as a freshman that initiated great discussions between me/my DD with topics of "if she did it... I can do it too" mindset on the field, and in the classroom.

Best of luck to her upcoming final season, it's about that time for her/her girls to get that natty ;)

Thank you for your kind words which I will share with my daughter today. Powerful women inspiring other powerful women is something that we all should encourage. And I must tell you that although it is a tragedy that your player has had to endure so much on and off the field, I don’t feel bad for her because she chose her dream school (which happens to be one of the most prestigious institutions of higher learning in the world!) she proved that she can have an impact at the highest level of college soccer AND not only will she get to continue being involved in the sport that she loves but she will be well on her way to being an AMAZING success in the most important game of all. Life.

Again thank you for your extremely kind words. I know that your daughter will have continued success. Good fortune to you and your awesome family!

Depends upon the school. The Stanford players transfer because Paul is very clear that the money given is for 4 years. They spend their money well in advance. Don’t be surprised when Bossiere isn’t on the roster come fall. She was a 5th year junior and I assume that she already had to spend $70k last year.

If a player has eligibility and graduates they can go anywhere and play their last year. Stanford has had at least one player transfer and finish their eligibility elsewhere as a grad transfer since I have been following it. They had two last year one went to Georgetown and the other played for Wake Forest.

Why would a player trade in a degree from Stanford for one from Georgetown or Wake Forest?!? Sure, they’re good schools, but for the cost of a years tuition seems more penny-wise, pound foolish... They’ll make the difference back in 1-2yrs salary difference straight out of school...

Why would a player trade in a degree from Stanford for one from Georgetown or Wake Forest?!? Sure, they’re good schools, but for the cost of a years tuition seems more penny-wise, pound foolish... They’ll make the difference back in 1-2yrs salary difference straight out of school...

On the surface, your position makes sense. But in practice, it’s complex w/a lot of factors to consider.

This is often the case if the players fam is in that doldrums income space where they make too much to get meaningful fin-aid, but not enough to take on $70k....Hence, the player goes with their BATNA.

And I in my humble experience, a degree from Georgetown (at least in the business world) holds a decent amount of weight to open doors for the players future.

On the surface, your position makes sense. But in practice, it’s complex w/a lot of factors to consider.

This is often the case if the players fam is in that doldrums income space where they make too much to get meaningful fin-aid, but not enough to take on $70k....Hence, the player goes with their BATNA.

And I in my humble experience, a degree from Georgetown (at least in the business world) holds a decent amount of weight to open doors for the players future.

Agreed....and the one that went to Georgetown (KC), did get her undergrad degree at Stanford (in 4 years)....she was already working on graduate degree (5th year) I believe at G-town...

Does the Stanford bookstore have their own flavor of Koolaid?

Numbers don’t lie. Just as an example, average salary of Stanford B.S. (bachelor of science) graduate out of school is $146k vs Georgetown B.S. graduate at $82k.

I totally get it...my nephew is on the football team, and your position is why he chose Stanford over other fantastic opportunities.

But we’re really talking small circles, the (1% ers). It boils down to the financial burden it puts on players family and their ability or interest in taking that burden $$

As someone mentioned, those two that left for GT and WF already had completed their undergraduate degree so there’s that. Stanford hasn’t had anyone transferring out before completing their undergraduate degree as far as I know. A few years ago Steph Amack wanted to stay for grad school but she wasn’t able to get into the program so she ended up at Vanderbilt. Grad school admission at Stanford is another level difficulty

Numbers don’t lie. Just as an example, average salary of Stanford B.S. (bachelor of science) graduate out of school is $146k vs Georgetown B.S. graduate at $82k.
Misleading stat. I bet those students that earn that amount are engineers and computer sci majors. A more accurate stat would be salaried by majors.

A Stanford history, social studies, psychology, etc. major will make less than an engineer from cal Fullerton.

Misleading stat. I bet those students that earn that amount are engineers and computer sci majors. A more accurate stat would be salaried by majors.

A Stanford history, social studies, psychology, etc. major will make less than an engineer from cal Fullerton.

Go for it, please do compare by major... I simply compared Bachelor of Science degrees for both schools to save time which generally is comparing apples to apples (science/engineering degrees). Social studies, history, and psychology all fall under Bachelor of Arts/liberal studies which is not included in my comparison but you can compare those too.

As someone mentioned, those two that left for GT and WF already had completed their undergraduate degree so there’s that. Stanford hasn’t had anyone transferring out before completing their undergraduate degree as far as I know. A few years ago Steph Amack wanted to stay for grad school but she wasn’t able to get into the program so she ended up at Vanderbilt. Grad school admission at Stanford is another level difficulty

Thanks for clarifying, that’s not what it sounded like but it would make more sense. But then, they really wouldn’t be leaving, they’d just be graduating (early maybe?) and then pursuing grad school elsewhere and getting to play that last year or two?

Now this makes it more interesting because does it mean they could potentially get grad school paid for?

Thanks for clarifying, that’s not what it sounded like but it would make more sense. But then, they really wouldn’t be leaving, they’d just be graduating (early maybe?) and then pursuing grad school elsewhere and getting to play that last year or two?

Now this makes it more interesting because does it mean they could potentially get grad school paid for?

No. Stanford gives 4 year offers and expects players to graduate in 4 years regardless of whether they have any exhausted their eligibility or not. That is why you see graduate transfers from their. The coach is very up front about this.

Back