2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

I agree.
She is an incredible player.
She is as valuable defensively as she is offensively, and she has all the skills checked off down the list.

My player has two two youth championship rings because VV was in the wheelhouse for the team. I used to tell my player the same thing “why hasn’t Stanford or UCLA tried to recruit her”. Then she shows up to UCLA ;-)

My player has two two youth championship rings because VV was in the wheelhouse for the team. I used to tell my player the same thing “why hasn’t Stanford or UCLA tried to recruit her”. Then she shows up to UCLA ;-)

I’m really glad that her dad thought the same way and had her reach out to the coaches. He is from Peru and they are an amazing family. She was one of several pleasant surprises from that recruiting class. She is a perfect 6 although I hope she continues to shoot now that her midfield mate is back.

It’s hard to shine playing with Fleming. Ask Pugh.

Clueless in the Bay Area.

Santa Clara is in.
BYU is only in if they beat Santa Clara, which will mean they win the auto bid, if not no cigar.
Pepp is most likely in unless they lose to LMU today.
If BYU takes first, SC fades and pepp
Takes second you are saying that they will take SC over Pepp? NCAA basketball tourney has routinely left teams out that incur injuries and fade late. NCAA soccer will be no different. Who makes up that committee anyway.

USC dismembers Oregon in South Central.
Its starting to look like the Pac 12 is three teams and "also ran(s)".

It’s starting to be that time of year when the contenders are building towards Cary and the pretenders are getting ready for the season to end. Playing cupcakes may make you feel good and your record look nice but when you get into the ring with a real team reality sets in.

I guess not.
Looks like Stanford is pretty deep.
UCLA woman handled the poor team that showed up today as well.
. Watched this game and it wasn’t even 7-0 close. Trying to figure out if CU has just fooled everyone to this point or is Stanford that good even missing a ton of players but that was brutal

Stanford is a machine. As long as Macario stays healthy they are going to win it all again.

Some pac12 teams fading is good news for the WCC’s chances for a three team bid. Still lots of soccer to be played.

. Watched this game and it wasn’t even 7-0 close. Trying to figure out if CU has just fooled everyone to this point or is Stanford that good even missing a ton of players but that was brutal

IMO-- Probably a bit of both. Colorado has a a couple more moments of reckoning coming with SC and UCLA.

Today Stanford surgically finished the simpler build-up goal scoring opportunities that in my view, are similar to what they've been getting all year, but have been largely spraying off frame or to the opposing GK.

Is it just me or is the SEC and the Big XI just complete frauds wrapped in a scam? If I were UCLA or $C I wouldn’t worry about being a 2 or 3 seed with any of those teams being the top seed in the bracket. I bet $C would love another crack at Baylor especially after they lost to Arizona.

Not sure about Colorado yet. For the sake of the conference it would be nice, but... They have USC, UCLA and Utah remaining

Washington State, once off to a flying start, now has a bubble feel but... still faces Arizona, Cal and Stanford

Next in line is Utah, but they have USC, UCLA and Colorado

Arizona could make a late push. They have Arizona State, Oregon and Oregon State.

Could end up being just 3.

Time will tell.

Last edited:
For me Macario is the best player in the country and its not close, baffles me that she isn't playing for the full national team. She makes everyone else look pedestrian.

Back