2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

I thought it looked cold, thats all.
You people have no sense of humor.

I thought it was a great game, and the conditions, (cold and shivery) favored the athleticism over the superior skill.
UCLA played with tremendous determination to come back from two down in the second half, and had some shining moments in the second half where their talent was on full display.
It was really fun to watch.
NC has to be one of the most athletic teams top to bottom that I have seen. To make a very athletic team like UCLA look a step slow was very impressive to me.
I mean just straight up race horses.

Im really gonna miss this.
Even the parts where I have to explain to you people what is supposed to be funny, but ends up being unfunny because its not funny explaining how something was funny but isnt now.
You people. LOL
After all it is snowflake season.

No matter what, losing in PK's after a tough match and double overtime is rough. They should definitely be proud of themselves as it was a hard fought battle.

While I’m a big fan of the Hoyas.....like last year, this is where their ride ends. So.....because you were so impressed by Nof-carolina, let’s call it NC/Stan final - I’ve got Stan winning the natty....bottle of Macallan 10 or 12 will do:)

Lmk if we a go, and your libation of choice.
Im not going against Stanford, but if Florida State gets by Stanford, we may have to revisit a gentlemen's wager for the final.. Mac12

I was really pulling for an all Cali final.

I think UCLA was just too late getting into the game, and the 2-0 hole they dug was just too much on the road, although they almost pulled it off.

Great game last night. MAP's kid hit a great ball to set up the second goal for UCLA. She consistently delivers an excellent ball off her right foot all over the field.

I know people will think I 'm crazy since she scored two goals, but I thought Mace looked liked the weakest field player. She looked atrocious anywhere outside the box. It shocked me.

You dish it but you can’t take it. You’re out of your depths here at the surface.
Oh come on . . . Ricky and his prior accounts have been one of the main reasons I have hung around here so long. Gonna miss the guy. He needs to follow a niece or nephew or adopt one.

Oh come on . . . Ricky and his prior accounts have been one of the main reasons I have hung around here so long. Gonna miss the guy. He needs to follow a niece or nephew or adopt one.
Ricky ain’t goin nowhere. If necessary, I’ll start a Fandango thread...

Great game last night. MAP's kid hit a great ball to set up the second goal for UCLA. She consistently delivers an excellent ball off her right foot all over the field.

I know people will think I 'm crazy since she scored two goals, but I thought Mace looked liked the weakest field player. She looked atrocious anywhere outside the box. It shocked me.
I agree she looked out of sorts on defense which was indeed odd as I believe that is her original position pre-college. Once she got moved up front in the second half, she appeared to be more comfortable and was able to attack at will.

I agree she looked out of sorts on defense which was indeed odd as I believe that is her original position pre-college. Once she got moved up front in the second half, she appeared to be more comfortable and was able to attack at will.
Big game choker.

UCLA was a better team, but UNC deserved the game overall I thought. Playing at home was huge for UNC. Too bad UCLA or USC couldn’t trade a spot with Baylor

UCLA keeper looked very shaky against UNC. Just like against Stanford in the championship game, gave up a ridiculous goal. If she gets starts, does that mean that the other keepers in that team are just as or even more atrpcious?

Touch and technical skill are below average for a big time program but her combo of strength and speed are elite.

Mace looked good on defense for US team at concacaf when she got the start. Maybe off a bit for bruins on D but can still be great. Duel threat and she will be a top 5 pick in NWSL draft.

Back