2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

I got a good dose of w college soccer this weekend! So fun. For those of you with kids playing: congrats and good luck. No matter the level college sports are awesome.

Won’t be able to watch as much as i did this weekend but here are the ramblings of a know-nothing fan who likes teams that play soccer.

Santa Clara looked LEGIT. I am not a JS fan at all but credit to that team. They looked in great form. Sanchez is a stud. Cal will prob be fine. They have a great roster (like always) and will have good games and then flame out in NCAA’s first or second round(like always). They have never won a second round game. Even with Alex Morgan. In rivalry games tho weird things happen. But scu was ready to play.

Oregon-Clemson was awful awful soccer. And worse announcing. Pac-12 announcing just terrible. Clemson was somehow dominant and yet somehow lost. I hope both teams had off days and will improve but that was painful.

Pepp surprising. Only saw a few minutes but looked disjointed. I’m sure they will be fine. Lots of talent and know one of frosh. She’s better than she played so expecting good things from waves.

Lbsu UCLA fun game. UCLA missing some pieces and surprising to give up two breakaways but we all know how good they will be. No worries they are just class. Fleming is other worldly. Lbsu has players will be fine.

SDSU is young but has some young talent. May take some time but will be good. (And have a fam friend committed there and she’s a stud so that’s fun). Only saw a bit but they played hard and move the ball around. But young. Announcer said no senior starters and only 4 juniors start.

Flipping thru my apps: saw Usd a little. Uber Fast up top but direct and not appealing soccer to me.

Duke is not #3 team in country. Pre season ranking dumb and didn’t do them any favors.

Couldnt get a feel for CU-CSU I’m short time i watched. Rivalry games tho= Weird.

Overall so impressed with level of skill for so many players. The level of soccer just keeps improving. Technically and game savvy so fun to see. Again congrats to everyone parenting a kid in college soccer. So fun.

I think someone said it earlier on this thread. The pac 12 network would do themselves wonders if they could actually figure out a contract with direct tv.
AT@T owns Direct Tv.....AT@T is a major sponsor of Pac12. They still can’t get it done. Morons

She plays for Stanford’s Football team now? She would be the first female Heisman candidate. Bryce Love is going to get more carries IMHO though and might split the west coast vote.
This wasn't a typo. I was commenting on the difference between how Mac Hermann candidates are treated vs Heisman candidates. A coach of a Heisman candidate would never get away with failing to address the player's absence, while the coach of our Mac Hermann candidate just did.

This wasn't a typo. I was commenting on the difference between how Mac Hermann candidates are treated vs Heisman candidates. A coach of a Heisman candidate would never get away with failing to address the player's absence, while the coach of our Mac Hermann candidate just did.

Bryce Love still has a better chance. I hope that the Raiders draft him. He is special.

Don’t even get me started on not being able to watch a football game that’s an hour away. Instead I am relegated to watch some crappy big 10 game. But in the Soccer realm, they have to be losing money and exposure by not televising pac 12 games soccer to at least half the SoCal population. The schools are doing themselves a disservice.

AT@T owns Direct Tv.....AT@T is a major sponsor of Pac12. They still can’t get it done. Morons
Disclaimer, I have DirectTV and have been fairly happy with it. Having said that, the management at DirectTV have been hard to work with since before the satellites even launched.

Disclaimer, I have DirectTV and have been fairly happy with it. Having said that, the management at DirectTV have been hard to work with since before the satellites even launched.
I like DIRECTV. And a lot of people want the Sunday ticket. But then you’re not getting the pac 12 network.

I got a good dose of w college soccer this weekend! So fun. For those of you with kids playing: congrats and good luck. No matter the level college sports are awesome.

Won’t be able to watch as much as i did this weekend but here are the ramblings of a know-nothing fan who likes teams that play soccer.

Santa Clara looked LEGIT. I am not a JS fan at all but credit to that team. They looked in great form. Sanchez is a stud. Cal will prob be fine. They have a great roster (like always) and will have good games and then flame out in NCAA’s first or second round(like always). They have never won a second round game. Even with Alex Morgan. In rivalry games tho weird things happen. But scu was ready to play.

Oregon-Clemson was awful awful soccer. And worse announcing. Pac-12 announcing just terrible. Clemson was somehow dominant and yet somehow lost. I hope both teams had off days and will improve but that was painful.

Pepp surprising. Only saw a few minutes but looked disjointed. I’m sure they will be fine. Lots of talent and know one of frosh. She’s better than she played so expecting good things from waves.

Lbsu UCLA fun game. UCLA missing some pieces and surprising to give up two breakaways but we all know how good they will be. No worries they are just class. Fleming is other worldly. Lbsu has players will be fine.

SDSU is young but has some young talent. May take some time but will be good. (And have a fam friend committed there and she’s a stud so that’s fun). Only saw a bit but they played hard and move the ball around. But young. Announcer said no senior starters and only 4 juniors start.

Flipping thru my apps: saw Usd a little. Uber Fast up top but direct and not appealing soccer to me.

Duke is not #3 team in country. Pre season ranking dumb and didn’t do them any favors.

Couldnt get a feel for CU-CSU I’m short time i watched. Rivalry games tho= Weird.

Overall so impressed with level of skill for so many players. The level of soccer just keeps improving. Technically and game savvy so fun to see. Again congrats to everyone parenting a kid in college soccer. So fun.

This is good stuff! Keep it coming!

Coaches Poll is different and probably more accurate story:

RankSchool1st VotesTotal PointsPrev.W-L-T1
Stanford University 3487211-0-02
UCLA 083521-0-03
Penn State University 078042-0-04
University Of North Carolina 077162-0-05
University Of Florida 071972-0-06
Florida State University1 677102-0-07
University Of Virginia 065282-0-08
University Of Southern California 0544121-0-09
Texas A&M University 0534112-0-010
University Of South Carolina 048352-0-011
Duke University 042531-1-012
Santa Clara University 0372191-0-013
University of Tennessee 0344252-0-014
Princeton University 0315NR0-0-015
Georgetown University 0298221-0-116
North Carolina State University 0283201-0-017
Baylor University 0276152-0-018
University Of Kansas 0257NR2-0-019
Northwestern University 0228RV2-0-020
University of Notre Dame 0224142-0-021
University Of Texas 0195171-0-022
Washington State University 0180212-0-023
University of Central Florida 0153160-0-024
Auburn University 0135RV2-0-025
West Virginia University 012890-1-1

Pepperdine falls off the big board and gets to hang with the "also received votes" pool of peasants including CSULB and UCI

That's the RPI from last year. They won't release the first official RPI for a few weeks. Someone smarter than me can explain why..it has to do with sample size I believe. (And they should do the same for the coaches' ranking. No one knows anything yet so it skews it all weird. 1 and 2 games is not enough to know anything. But coaches ranking is used for media and promotion. RPI is used for the official stuff)

That's the RPI from last year. They won't release the first official RPI for a few weeks. Someone smarter than me can explain why..it has to do with sample size I believe. (And they should do the same for the coaches' ranking. No one knows anything yet so it skews it all weird. 1 and 2 games is not enough to know anything. But coaches ranking is used for media and promotion. RPI is used for the official stuff)

It does say "Through games Aug 21, 2018" on the NCAA RPI page who knows!

Coaches Poll is different and probably more accurate story:

RankSchool1st VotesTotal PointsPrev.W-L-T1
Stanford University 3487211-0-02
UCLA 083521-0-03
Penn State University 078042-0-04
University Of North Carolina 077162-0-05
University Of Florida 071972-0-06
Florida State University1 677102-0-07
University Of Virginia 065282-0-08
University Of Southern California 0544121-0-09
Texas A&M University 0534112-0-010
University Of South Carolina 048352-0-011
Duke University 042531-1-012
Santa Clara University 0372191-0-013
University of Tennessee 0344252-0-014
Princeton University 0315NR0-0-015
Georgetown University 0298221-0-116
North Carolina State University 0283201-0-017
Baylor University 0276152-0-018
University Of Kansas 0257NR2-0-019
Northwestern University 0228RV2-0-020
University of Notre Dame 0224142-0-021
University Of Texas 0195171-0-022
Washington State University 0180212-0-023
University of Central Florida 0153160-0-024
Auburn University 0135RV2-0-025
West Virginia University 012890-1-1

Pepperdine falls off the big board and gets to hang with the "also received votes" pool of peasants including CSULB and UCI

The love where my team is sitting. Better to be #2 until December 3rd. Less pressure. Good luck to all except those guys across town and may they remain injury free.

Why do the Ivy's start so late?

League rules control start, duration, length of season. Not to mention individual school policies and budgets restrictions. Probably the only D1 league where they are scholar’s first, then athletes. There are a few top academic D1 schools that expect you to balance both, and understand academics come first occasionally, but most (not all) places giving out $ expect the athlete part to come first.

Based on feedback from her coach, DD was on track to get minutes this weekend in their double header season opener in DC. That was until faculty put the kibosh w/a no travel restriction for freshman due to school "orientation".

Well....given the litmus test they have on Sunday (against a top 25 ranked, academic D1)...... the self imposed, "school policy and budget restrictions" went flying out the door, and a couple players will now make the game.

Winning matters.... Even in the Ivy's :)

Back