2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

I know it’s early, but WOW! Not impressed by the start. UCLA did what great teams typically do, win despite poor showing from many. Fleming was more than handled by LB. Nobody jumped off the page as a superior player as far as I’m concerned. LB played a primarily defensive game, and did very well at it. If not for a huge blunder by the ASU center back, game would have ended in a tie. SECONDS LEFT, CLEAR THE F-ing BALL! As useless the mids and forwards were for UCLA, I was waiting for #5 to come up and win it.

Interesting take. They dominated the stat sheet held 69% possession and had the top 5 rated players by InStat? If they play that way every game they won’t make the tournament. Did you not see Long Beach playing with everyone behind the ball? Did you not see a team that normally attempts to possess the ball play pure unadulterated kickball? Did you hear Mauricio telling his team to slow it down the whole second half? Personally I’m not worried. When they score early and teams are forced to play soccer they slice them up like salami. They know that everyone other than Stanford is going to play them that way. Not a big deal. They had a MAC Hermann candidate that did play at all and the first XI was missing 4 starters. The ladies feel like they can get it done when they need to. At the end of the day they won, nobody got hurt and they are headed into a big road trip feeling confident.

Good luck to you and your player.

No need to be secretive. Regurgitated from a twitter post from Chris Henderson. Credit where credit is due. He is very worth a follow @chris_awk

Do you just wake up with a stick up your ass or are you just a Mitch? You obviously are a pu$$y so why bother? Nothing better to do or are you just a bitter bitch?

Do you just wake up with a stick up your ass or are you just a Mitch? You obviously are a pu$$y so why bother? Nothing better to do or are you just a bitter bitch?
No. I wake up as a perfectly normal person who enjoys good soccer You on the other hand wake up as a supreme Dick. Have a nice day

I saw that your player was the highest rated player for the game by InStat. 82% pass completion. 14/18 challenges won. 6/8 tackles won and 17 ball recoveries. Quite the game for her. Definitely needs some help because that is a winning effort.
Thanks for the Instat info.
I had never seen that site before.

Some interesting matchups today...

Texas Tech v Pepperdine

Oregon v Clemson

Villanova v LSU

North Carolina v Ohio State

Interesting take. They dominated the stat sheet held 69% possession and had the top 5 rated players by InStat? If they play that way every game they won’t make the tournament. Did you not see Long Beach playing with everyone behind the ball? Did you not see a team that normally attempts to possess the ball play pure unadulterated kickball? Did you hear Mauricio telling his team to slow it down the whole second half? Personally I’m not worried. When they score early and teams are forced to play soccer they slice them up like salami. They know that everyone other than Stanford is going to play them that way. Not a big deal. They had a MAC Hermann candidate that did play at all and the first XI was missing 4 starters. The ladies feel like they can get it done when they need to. At the end of the day they won, nobody got hurt and they are headed into a big road trip feeling confident.

Good luck to you and your player.
Oh, trust me, not worried about the Bruins at all. Like I said, LB played defensively (behind the ball) the entire game. Honestly surprised that the % posession by UCLA wasn’t higher. They just didn’t look good with it, at all. I’m a fan. Just describing what I saw.

Colorado v Colorado state 0-0 not great for the Buffs. They have hi hopes but this is not how they wanted to get started

Pep got dominated by the Red Raiders.
No excuses.

I missed the first 5 minutes of the game due to issues with the feed. I heard it was a counter.

The rest of game left me feeling I like Harbo in the middle with settles but I think #6 could breath some life into the 10.

I admit I’m panicking and I’ll see if I can get an appointment with a psychiatrist for a prescription of some kind if anti anxiety pill.

Speed, Ricky, lion, I’ll be the parent that looks dazed and confused next weekend.

I missed the first 5 minutes of the game due to issues with the feed. I heard it was a counter.

The rest of game left me feeling I like Harbo in the middle with settles but I think #6 could breath some life into the 10.

I admit I’m panicking and I’ll see if I can get an appointment with a psychiatrist for a prescription of some kind if anti anxiety pill.

Speed, Ricky, lion, I’ll be the parent that looks dazed and confused next weekend.
We got a long way to go, but right now, the three peat looks like a must.

Colorado v Colorado state 0-0 not great for the Buffs. They have hi hopes but this is not how they wanted to get started
Early rivalry games are tough to predict. They can go either way, even when one side is more advanced than the other.

Oh, trust me, not worried about the Bruins at all. Like I said, LB played defensively (behind the ball) the entire game. Honestly surprised that the % posession by UCLA wasn’t higher. They just didn’t look good with it, at all. I’m a fan. Just describing what I saw.

UCLA had the ball, but Long Beach had the two one v ones in the game. UCLA keeper had to come up BIG to keep her team from losing. Will be interesting to see how other teams play UCLA moving forward. I've only seen Long Beach play possession style, so I was surprised to see them change tactics.

Back