2017 Cal South State Cup

Okay Brandy, sorry I mean ocsoccer17, whatever you say. :) So it takes two hands and waggling fingers to check a timer, funny how that works... :) My eyes also need checking. On that theme, seems we don't see eye to eye on this but we are all entitled to report what we see.

The following is not aimed at the coach, just at your post: winning things with a brand new team does not equal development or progress, it means you have good players. Improvement is shown over several years with the same core group.

It's ridiculous that people are posting statemenst to discredit someone all the while hide behind a message board. People need to think about what they write and put in perspective about what they're writing about.
I have nothing against the woman, I really don't. I'm just telling you what my DD told me and what I saw first hand. My DD is 10 and could care less about discrediting anyone. Sorry that offends you in more ways than one.

Okay Brandy, sorry I mean ocsoccer17, whatever you say. :) So it takes two hands and waggling fingers to check a timer, funny how that works... :) My eyes also need checking. On that theme, seems we don't see eye to eye on this but we are all entitled to report what we see.

The following is not aimed at the coach, just at your post: winning things with a brand new team does not equal development or progress, it means you have good players. Improvement is shown over several years with the same core group.

HAHA I am not Brandy. I have been around club soccer for quite a while I have an older daughter and older son that play soccer. I am just sharing my experience with the coach.

I also meant no offense. In fact, I first took the stance that it wasn't about the texting. Apologies, if there was any hard feelings. I'm absolutely sure everyone wants progress and development.

HAHA I am not Brandy. I have been around club soccer for quite a while I have an older daughter and older son that play soccer. I am just sharing my experience with the coach.

I was only teasing. But in all honesty no offense intended and I certainly have nothing against coach.

OC soccer, thanks for sharing. Can I ask how 2 teams of 12-14 each turned into one team of 8? The other players aren't sticking around or were cut because they're not good enough anymore? Again, mean no offense, just wondering.

OC soccer, thanks for sharing. Can I ask how 2 teams of 12-14 each turned into one team of 8? The other players aren't sticking around or were cut because they're not good enough anymore? Again, mean no offense, just wondering.

Holley team did not have 12-14 players. Her team had 9 players and 6 are playing next year. I am not positive, but I have heard they have 4 players that are coming down from the 2005 age group to play on her and Rennie's team for next season.

Holley team did not have 12-14 players. Her team had 9 players and 6 are playing next year. I am not positive, but I have heard they have 4 players that are coming down from the 2005 age group to play on her and Rennie's team for next season.
Again, thanks for sharing. I thought Blues hardlined the age groups last year? So the other 13 (3 from Holley and 10) weren't asked back? I thank you for your insight.

I got really lost there in all the texts about State Cup, the topic of the thread! :)

So, now we are back to that topic! Should be some really great games this weekend. Getting down to it this weekend, no team has an easy route and there is lots of parity amongst those top teams. I do, however, think that whichever team comes out of that lower side of the bracket will have gone through a slightly tougher gauntlet!

Good luck to the little ladies this weekend!

I got really lost there in all the texts about State Cup, the topic of the thread! :)

So, now we are back to that topic! Should be some really great games this weekend. Getting down to it this weekend, no team has an easy route and there is lots of parity amongst those top teams. I do, however, think that whichever team comes out of that lower side of the bracket will have gone through a slightly tougher gauntlet!

Good luck to the little ladies this weekend!
True. All the best to the teams!

Sweet 16
  • Surf vs. Hotspurs
  • Albion vs. Strikers North
  • Anaheim Surf vs. Strikers OC
  • Beach FC - LB vs. Beach FC - SB
  • Blues vs. CDA Slammers
  • Real So Cal vs. SDSC
  • LA Galaxy - SB vs. So Cal Academy
  • Legends FC vs. LA Galaxy SD

I have a daughter who plays on one of her teams. What you are saying about her texting during the game is not correct. She uses her phone as a timer and that may be why you see her looking at her phone. Also, my daughter has developed tremendously from her coaching and have seen players develop on all her teams. I believe on her 06 team that is being combined with Rennie, they are taking6 of her players and 2 of Rennie's. As far as success she has a lot of regular season and tournament success. She won the 03 champions league playoff with a brand new team. Her 06 goalie left when she was not asked back and is also a competitive snow skier and decided to focus on that. After games she does not run from the field. She is always taking the time to talk to players and parents. If she ever leaves it because she is off to another game just like any other coach.
Because of the age change, all the teams are brand new.

I guess my eyes were lying to me then. Thanks for the heads up
I've been reading all these conversations about the blues teams and there coaches. I think you have it all wrong I've known Holley for all time she's not on the phone texting. She's checking remaining time in the game. She's a good coach. You guys need to focus on something else besides the Blues coaches. A lot of these conversations are coming from the parents of the players that didn't make the new top team at the blues.

Lower bracket is tougher for sure. I think SD Surf and Legends should cruise fairly easily on Saturday. However, with maybe one exception, I think whoever is left for quarterfinals on Sunday has a decent shot to win and make it through to the next weekend. Good luck to all of the girls!

I've been reading all these conversations about the blues teams and there coaches. I think you have it all wrong I've known Holley for all time she's not on the phone texting. She's checking remaining time in the game. She's a good coach. You guys need to focus on something else besides the Blues coaches. A lot of these conversations are coming from the parents of the players that didn't make the new top team at the blues.

Not me. I'm just trying to understand. No propaganda or bitterness here. We've been with one club entire time. Had other offers but always turned them down and never went seeking or even tried out either. I'm sure Holley is a good coach. I wish her and her top team the best. Only love here.

We should stick with what 3soccerladies said and stay on topic.

Sweet 16
  • Surf vs. Hotspurs
  • Albion vs. Strikers North
  • Anaheim Surf vs. Strikers OC
  • Beach FC - LB vs. Beach FC - SB
  • Blues vs. CDA Slammers
  • Real So Cal vs. SDSC
  • LA Galaxy - SB vs. So Cal Academy
  • Legends FC vs. LA Galaxy SD

• Surf vs. Hotspurs -- Surf
  • Albion vs. Strikers North -- Strikers North
  • Anaheim Surf vs. Strikers OC -- Even
  • Beach FC - LB vs. Beach FC - SB -- SB
  • Blues vs. CDA Slammers -- Blues? in a tight one
  • Real So Cal vs. SDSC -- Real So Cal
  • LA Galaxy - SB vs. So Cal Academy -- SCA?
  • Legends FC vs. LA Galaxy SD -- Legends

Back