2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

I am cheering for BYU and San Diego State today. RPI, RPI, RPI....
I bet that UVU BYU game gets testy. A team with UVU's record and level of play should get spanked, but watch out. The cougs have been struggling and almost all these girls played club & HS against each other, and you know most of those UVU players wanted to play across town but didn't get chosen...It'll be like those club days when the A team scrimmages the B team players who are pissed they didn't get picked. I predict hard fouls all around.

I bet that UVU BYU game gets testy. A team with UVU's record and level of play should get spanked, but watch out. The cougs have been struggling and almost all these girls played club & HS against each other, and you know most of those UVU players wanted to play across town but didn't get chosen...It'll be like those club days when the A team scrimmages the B team players who are pissed they didn't get picked. I predict hard fouls all around.

I can't wait to watch it. I agree with you and anticipate it will be better than expected. I'm setting my game viewing schedule for this afternoon/evening and this one jumped out at me. @Ricky Fandango why can't your girls play at night so that I can watch em? I guess i will have to watch the replay...

I will also add that Utah Valley plays attractive soccer. Chris Lemay is the coach there and one of my player's friends (a Florida State transfer) starts for them. It is going to be an interesting game.

I will also add that Utah Valley plays attractive soccer. Chris Lemay is the coach there and one of my player's friends (a Florida State transfer) starts for them. It is going to be an interesting game.
Exactly. I'm very interested to see what Lemay does with that program in the next few years, they've got nice facilities, fertile recruiting grounds, and a student-life experience less, uh, "stringent" than BYU, so I expect he's making some of the blue and white folks nervous.

Exactly. I'm very interested to see what Lemay does with that program in the next few years, they've got nice facilities, fertile recruiting grounds, and a student-life experience less, uh, "stringent" than BYU, so I expect he's making some of the blue and white folks nervous.
Has BYU not recovered from the days of Jim McMahon? :D

Me too! Loved his personae on and off the field. He made watching the game fun!

That was back before Gene Upshaw traded away the soul of the game and guaranteed contracts for unrestricted free agency. Back then it was hard as hell for players to switch teams so you followed your favorite players AND your favorite teams. Nowadays players aren't playing for an organization they are playing for a paycheck. It is sad...

That was back before Gene Upshaw traded away the soul of the game and guaranteed contracts for unrestricted free agency. Back then it was hard as hell for players to switch teams so you followed your favorite players AND your favorite teams. Nowadays players aren't playing for an organization they are playing for a paycheck. It is sad...
The NFL is dying.

Agreed! I don't watch the NFL any longer for many reasons and that being one of them. I do love and enjoy college football. Can't say all, but most college players play to play.

Last night watched the Stanford vs. Washington St. game. Washington St. certainly made it hard for Stanford to play their style. Very disruptive. I can see Wazzu giving top teams a hard time.

Last night watched the Stanford vs. Washington St. game. Washington St. certainly made it hard for Stanford to play their style. Very disruptive. I can see Wazzu giving top teams a hard time.

The PAC 12 is top to bottom the deepest conference in football. Almost any game you watch is pretty entertaining. It is damn near impossible to go undefeated in conference play!

The NFL is dying.

Some changes definitely need to be made... Did you hear about the Aaron Hernandez autopsy? That is scary. A 24 year old with the brain damage of a 67 year old NFL player and he only played in 44 games in the NFL! Add another 3o for college (he went out early) and maybe another 50 or so in high school. How the hell does that much brain damage occur? This kid must have gotten a concussion almost every game. Scary....

Some changes definitely need to be made... Did you hear about the Aaron Hernandez autopsy? That is scary. A 24 year old with the brain damage of a 67 year old NFL player and he only played in 44 games in the NFL! Add another 3o for college (he went out early) and maybe another 50 or so in high school. How the hell does that much brain damage occur? This kid must have gotten a concussion almost every game. Scary....
His family is suing the Patriots.
Apple-tree.

Get rid of helmets.

Back