2016-17 D1 Women's soccer thread!!!

Had no idea about this- thought that if they signed it meant they were already accepted?
Why make this big deal if you haven't already been accepted to the Univeristy?

Since top players commit usually with 3 or less semesters of coursework on the books it is an offer contingent upon admission to the university. Players that don't maintain their grades or take the proper classes end up not getting admitted. It happens all the time.

For most it is simply a formality. Most soccer girls have good grades and test scores (that's one of the reasons that I love it as a peer group for my player). For some schools like Stanford they reserve their admissions exceptions for the revenue sports (football and men's basketball). Almost every year Stanford loses a recruit for this reason. Paul is very upfront with his recruits regarding this (he was to me and my player). As it was pointed out to me in CM's case she apparently was committed a while back and waited to announce it until she got her acceptance letter. She had a tough freshman year so it took quite awhile to get back on track. I am very impressed that she pulled it off and it is a testament to her and her family. I've has many conversations with her dad and she is a smart girl (her mom is a doctor in Brazil). I'm really glad to see that she pulled it off. I would have liked to see her play with my player but you will never hear me bummed that a player picked Stanford. It's as good as it gets from a parents perspective. I was almost shocked when my player decided against them but sometimes players have their heart set on a specific place and an AMAZING coach and offer really sort of seals the deal.

I heard from a reliable source that UCLA will be playing the Seattle Reign on April 4th. Caliklines will be excited to hear that it is in Norco. I also heard that they will be playing BYU and UNLV on the 18th and 19th of March in Vegas coinciding with the Players Showcase that weekend. This month I heard that they play Long Beach St on the 26th at home.

Keep us updated on the exact dates and time in Vegas please.

I heard from a reliable source that UCLA will be playing the Seattle Reign on April 4th. Caliklines will be excited to hear that it is in Norco.
10 minutes from these fields so this would be amazing. Could see our coach taking the whole team to watch this game.

10 minutes from these fields so this would be amazing. Could see our coach taking the whole team to watch this game.

It should be a good game. UCLA has pro level talent so it should be close. UCLA only has 18 on it's roster right now so you should see plenty of Pugh, Fleming and Sanchez.

;)
Are you trying to Conway me?
Waves D looks solid. The offensive side a little rusty, but its the first game.
SDSU has a talented, but tiny, little forward, and the transfer from Pep looked good in the middle.
Hopefully the Waves can stay healthy this year.
If they do, it could be a good year.

;)
Waves D looks solid. The offensive side a little rusty, but its the first game.
SDSU has a talented, but tiny, little forward, and the transfer from Pep looked good in the middle.
Hopefully the Waves can stay healthy this year.
If they do, it could be a good year.

I know that forward well. She played club ball for Pleasanton Rage. I see that the Waves got Brie Welch from their 2016 class to join them this spring. I had wondered what had happened to her. It's nice to see that she is back in the fold. I always thought that her commute for soccer was insane.

I'm going to bet that Pepperdine makes some "Waves" this season. It looks to be a 4 horse race in the WCC with Malibu being the place with the most experience. I can't wait until August.

Back