2016-17 D1 Women's soccer thread!!!

Here's why in my opinion. First off why isn't your kid there? Not to be a jerk but think about it. Same reason mine isn't more than likely if we put our notebooks together. Of all the clubs in SoCal Beach FC's top teams play the most appealing soccer. We can argue if we want but I don't think it will get us anywhere. They try to duplicate what is being done at LB State and it is working. Here is the thing. In the baseball world I don't know many true studs that wouldn't want to got to Cal State Fullerton or Long Beach State to pursue a MLB career. There is a lot of money in a MLB career and they both have great track records in developing pro players. If there was big pro money in women's soccer and a true career path LB State would blow up. Call it fair or not the piece of paper at the end of the 4 years is the biggest deal right now for women college soccer players. Just my opinion.

I agree with you on all points including attractive soccer (Surf is right there IMHO but that is for another day). My significant other went to undergrad at LB State so I have seen plenty of "Dirtbag" baseball and I hear you on the sheepskin.

Regarding my kid, she had another path laid in front of her as did yours. Believe it or not Long Beach State was on the initial list of 10 or so that she considered. Once her top 3 got serious unfortunately they fell by the wayside. A great option nonetheless.

Good luck to your player. They should be top 15.

I agree with you on all points including attractive soccer (Surf is right there IMHO but that is for another day). My significant other went to undergrad at LB State so I have seen plenty of "Dirtbag" baseball and I hear you on the sheepskin.

Regarding my kid, she had another path laid in front of her as did yours. Believe it or not Long Beach State was on the initial list of 10 or so that she considered. Once her top 3 got serious unfortunately they fell by the wayside. A great option nonetheless.

Good luck to your player. They should be top 15.
Likewise my wife graduated with a BSN from LB State. Same here for consideration for schools. Top 15 and the tourny is a great goal. Obviously some rebuilding this year but the 2 Beaches will be running the show from what I have been told.

Likewise my wife graduated with a BSN from LB State. Same here for consideration for schools. Top 15 and the tourny is a great goal. Obviously some rebuilding this year but the 2 Beaches will be running the show from what I have been told.

Just getting the band back together again I see.

I was never a big fan of the WCFC style. Different strokes for different folks. You do have to admit they are the most successful club in SoCal though and continue to produce the most YNT players.
They are a successful soccer organization, and they do have good connections due to their success.
Many great players have passed through the Surf system.

So does anyone have any Spring games coming up? I know that UCF is playing the U19 WNT next week. I hear that Long Beach State has a scrimmage next month. Anything else on the horizon?

Yeah I guess beating #2,#3,#4,#6,#8,#16,#22 and #23 sucks as a body of work. Was Cal in the top 25 didn't think so. And I am quite sure you know more than I do about how SC is going to operate next year cause your kid is on the team. Your a tool and you wouldn't know crap about possession since you've been hanging out at Legends.

No my kid doesn't play for $C. Could she? Easily. Did they recruit her? Yes. Does she like playing kickball? No. Do we like the coach? Yes but not because of how the Trojans play. We like the style of play much better when he was at Washington St. We can debate this next year when my daughter's team beats $C.. again.

No my kid doesn't play for $C. Could she? Easily. Did they recruit her? Yes. Does she like playing kickball? No. Do we like the coach? Yes but not because of how the Trojans play. We like the style of play much better when he was at Washington St. We can debate this next year when my daughter's team beats $C.. again.
Yeah and Cal plays beautiful soccer. You are still a tool.

So does anyone have any Spring games coming up? I know that UCF is playing the U19 WNT next week. I hear that Long Beach State has a scrimmage next month. Anything else on the horizon?
Looks like a round robin scrimmage is scheduled March 11th with Pep, LBSU, CSLA , and another the 26th with USC, Pep, and BC.
April 1st another with UCLA, UCSB, and Pep.

Looks like a round robin scrimmage is scheduled March 11th with Pep, LBSU, CSLA , and another the 26th with USC, Pep, and BC.
April 1st another with UCLA, UCSB, and Pep.

That is a nice round of scrimmages! Boston College is coming out here to scrimmage? I guess March in SoCal is preferable to Boston!

I agree. We will see once signing day comes and goes. Stanford has already sent out acceptance letters to their recruits so if she is accepted I imagine she will sign. If not we will know that pretty soon too.

Had no idea about this- thought that if they signed it meant they were already accepted?
Why make this big deal if you haven't already been accepted to the Univeristy?

Back