2016-17 D1 Women's soccer thread!!!

https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/

It looks like Long Beach State is getting a few transfers. One from Santa Clara, one from Texas A&M and one from Arizona. All talented SoCal players. Sometimes I wonder why Long Beach St. doesn't get more of the top SoCal players straight out of high school.

I don't know about right now, but when DD was looking, they were impossible to get a hold of.

I don't know about right now, but when DD was looking, they were impossible to get a hold of.

Curious. I watched several of their games this year and they play nice soccer. I can only think that if they had more of the top SoCal players that they would be a significant contender and not just a fringe top 25 team. I also bet that they would have a high retention rate among those players because they wouldn't lose players to homesickness.

It seems that Pepperdine and Santa Clara have the stronger recruiting pipelines in the WCC based on committed players. BYU's pipeline seems to have dried up a bit. Those two schools being in California are definitely at an advantage. Strong coaches, nice locations (especially that Malibu campus) and strong administrative support definitely helps.

It seems that Pepperdine and Santa Clara have the stronger recruiting pipelines in the WCC based on committed players. BYU's pipeline seems to have dried up a bit. Those two schools being in California are definitely at an advantage. Strong coaches, nice locations (especially that Malibu campus) and strong administrative support definitely helps.

I can tell you that Pepperdine was not even on DD's radar until she met the coaching staff and watched older sisters team play against them a few times. They lured her for a unofficial visit, and while some of the other schools that had her out tried to dazzle her with Halls of Fame, Football stadiums, etc, she fell in love with the coaching staff at Pepp immediately.

Looks like Long Beach St. picked up a 2017 commit that was originally going to Colorado. Seems like she must have had a change of heart. Better for it to happen your senior year of high school than later down the road.

I can tell you that Pepperdine was not even on DD's radar until she met the coaching staff and watched older sisters team play against them a few times. They lured her for a unofficial visit, and while some of the other schools that had her out tried to dazzle her with Halls of Fame, Football stadiums, etc, she fell in love with the coaching staff at Pepp immediately.

I can see how that would happen. Tim is a good coach and the location is about the best in women's soccer. Although Halls of Fame and other sports are nice to have too...

Your player made a good choice. It is a top 25 soccer school with top 100 academics and a top 3 location. Not to mention that you get to see her play. That is worth a lot.

Their incoming freshman keeper has catlike reflexes. Freshman keepers usually don't see much play, but she will be good to have in reserve.

One of their transfers is a keeper. She played as a freshman at Texas A&M and then didn't this past year. Should be a good competition as I know their sophomore keeper from this past year is talented and did well when the starter was out with an injury.

Interesting that CM changed her commitment from Cal to Stanford.

I agree. We will see once signing day comes and goes. Stanford has already sent out acceptance letters to their recruits so if she is accepted I imagine she will sign. If not we will know that pretty soon too.

Looks like Long Beach St. picked up a 2017 commit that was originally going to Colorado. Seems like she must have had a change of heart. Better for it to happen your senior year of high school than later down the road.
IMO, it would suck for a HS player committing to a college that has a few upperclassmen transfers every year. The HS player commits based on discussions with the univeristy coaches and their future positional needs. The player gets a good idea when they will probably play, if it's immediately as a freshmen or as a sophomore. Then to unexpectedly see upperclassman transfers who play your position is a gut punch.

Their incoming freshman keeper has catlike reflexes. Freshman keepers usually don't see much play, but she will be good to have in reserve.
The have a forward coming in that is a dark horse...1st NT call up had to go unanswered because of injury. She will make a great addition to the squad.

IMO, it would suck for a HS player committing to a college that has a few upperclassmen transfers every year. The HS player commits based on discussions with the univeristy coaches and their future positional needs. The player gets a good idea when they will probably play, if it's immediately as a freshmen or as a sophomore. Then to unexpectedly see upperclassman transfers who play your position is a gut punch.

Think how it feels to the players who are already there.

Back