2007 DA

SDSC vs SD Surf will be the match to watch. I see the score being more like 3-1 SDSC. Yes, DR has scored most of SDSC's goals however, they have a great strength and skill in the midfield. Probably the strongest mids I've seen this season. They all can score. In their first match vs Surf this season SDSC scored 4 goals. DR scored 2, another forward scored 1 but the last goal came from midfielder #22 Dylan Alfaro. This kid is one to watch. He was the main reason why DR has scored a lot of his goal. I'm certain DA must have the most assists.

SDSC vs SD Surf will be the match to watch. I see the score being more like 3-1 SDSC. Yes, DR has scored most of SDSC's goals however, they have a great strength and skill in the midfield. Probably the strongest mids I've seen this season. They all can score. In their first match vs Surf this season SDSC scored 4 goals. DR scored 2, another forward scored 1 but the last goal came from midfielder #22 Dylan Alfaro. This kid is one to watch. He was the main reason why DR has scored a lot of his goal. I'm certain DA must have the most assists.

I agree with this Pep. Not the real Pep, can't stand blue... Manchester is Red homie.

SDSC's strength is their midfield. Their wide play is key and where they, man for man, out match most teams. DR is a good striker, great 07 and he has to finish the chances he gets, so ZERO disrespect... But, the wide players give him some great opportunities to walk the ball in. SDSC's midfield has excellent vision to give defense destroying passes that DR finishes clinically.

SDSC vs SD Surf will be the match to watch. I see the score being more like 3-1 SDSC. Yes, DR has scored most of SDSC's goals however, they have a great strength and skill in the midfield. Probably the strongest mids I've seen this season. They all can score. In their first match vs Surf this season SDSC scored 4 goals. DR scored 2, another forward scored 1 but the last goal came from midfielder #22 Dylan Alfaro. This kid is one to watch. He was the main reason why DR has scored a lot of his goal. I'm certain DA must have the most assists.[/QUOTE
N
How in the past few games with a 0-0 tie and a 4-3 loss does one arrive at a 3-1 prediction
Definitely as stated earlier a game to watch, good luck to both teams this weekend and looking forward to the match commentaries .

It’s a guess. It’s just entertainment on a forum...
I’d say 3-1 because SDSC can score and will but is vulnerable in the back and goal. But, I’d like to think they’re good and coached well enough to bounce back, especially against a rival.
Surf lost the first game 4-2 so fair to assume they’d lose again. They also just lost a player to injury and that can’t help. But, they’re a strong enough team that they won’t roll over and give up 4 again and won’t be shut out...
3-1 is a good guess.

Red Devil, is right. Although Surf has a player out to injury any of their bench players can step up. All the players on the Surf team are at a decent level. They will not go down without a fight for sure. On the SDSC squad I'd say their main weakness has been the players coming in off the bench; ie SUBS. SDSC's starters are great and have good chemistry but I'm not so sure I can say the same about their bench. It will be a great and interesting game to watch most definitely. Some kids at this age are smart enough to see where the other team's weaknesses are and they're able to expose them and take advantage of that toward their favor.

FCGS vs LAFC; I believe this a match to watch, both teams going in with no losses. Any thorough analysis?
fair question. revisited the numbers and took a look, just now.

yes, both teams are undefeated this season. LAFC beat the Pats and TFA 13-1 in aggregate while FCG beat LAG, Santa Barbara and LAUFA 9-2 in aggregate.

the algo, though, takes strength of schedule into account which is why this one is 4-1 LAFC.

an example here is FCG's 2-1 win over Santa Barbara. LAFC probably beats Santa Barbara by a much greater margin than that.

one could reasonably ask, well what about the 5-0 win over LAUFA and the 2-1 win over LAG?

Challenge is that LAUFA has been all over the map re: results and that LAG has not consistently shown as strong this season as most would typically expect. So these wins - from the algo's pov - don't carry as much weight as they might.

Hope that helps. Believe it or not, am rooting for FCG. (Parity - while maintaining a high level - is always better for everyone involved.)

Good luck this weekend!

P.S. One last quick insight: this season, LAFC has scored 75% of their goals in the 2nd half, so something to look out for. Even if (especially if) it's close at halftime, FCG is really going to have be ready to handle LAFC's shock and awe in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
The SDSC-Surf game is definitely the match of the weekend, the parents may be more entertaining then the game itself. I expect it to be a close, low scoring match.

SDSC: Added 3 players from Rebels and kept core of team. From an individual player standpoint they should have more depth. Should be improved, but team drama could be an issue.

DR scored 2, another forward scored 1 but the last goal came from midfielder #22 Dylan Alfaro. This kid is one to watch. He was the main reason why DR has scored a lot of his goal. I'm certain DA must have the most assists.

On the SDSC squad I'd say their main weakness has been the players coming in off the bench; ie SUBS. SDSC's starters are great and have good chemistry but I'm not so sure I can say the same about their bench.

Exhibit A and B

100% in agreement. Thanks to the original poster that provided a high level overview of upcoming games! We are lucky to have so many talented B2007 players in SD. Fun to watch every Saturday. To put initials and names or blast any 11-12 year old on this forum is pretty sad. These 11-12 year old boys show a much higher level of class every Saturday and during weekly practices.

ah, simmer down. Give people the benefit of the doubt. No one said Diego (or any other kid) was poor. Kid is tremendous. Pep just said he gets his assists from Dylan. Because he gets his assists served up by Dylan that doesn't mean that Diego is any less. Can compliment one without it being an insult to the other...
Assists got to come from somewhere. It's a team sport.
I think SDSC wide players have tremendous vision. Diego is a clinical finisher and moves really well off the ball. We all rue unfinished chances. It was just said that the kid just gets great service and does his part to finish. I'd love to see that kid next to a big #9 in a 2 man front and then let him roam to find gaps.

Not worth being offended. Keep moving.
Stay focused on giving each other the scouting reports so my little Messi can win the USSDA U13 League Title. hahaha.
I didn't quit him being an AYSO All-Star to not win everything here! hahaha, ok, I'm done, lol.

Real talk though... it is interesting to hear how the other teams are doing because it reassures me or makes me think about where our team is in regards to development. I find it intriguing to see the improvement rate and the tactical mobility of teams to adjust. That's been my big concern for this year. I haven't seen a lot of teams able to "try something new." Seems to be one-way direction tactically. If Team A can shut down Team B's main threat or process, Team A wins. Not just talking SDSC or something... as much as the coaches ability to assess and communicate an adjustment. I know the jump to 11v11 is a big one and so many players are lost tactically on balance, etc. So, I punt that to the coaches this season. In a few years, I'd like to see a strong reading of the game and players have a better idea of what tactical tools to use. I am really curious to watch the lights come on for teams this year as they begin to grasp some of these higher level tactical concepts that are being introduced... especially position specific play. Playing with a 9 vs an 11, the role of a 6, flat back 4 balance and transition to offense as a 3 man back, etc.

We are lucky to have so many talented B2007 players in SD.

Can we jump to YNT camp now? Lol. I am sooooo curious what kids would get called in if it was some camp this year. Not that I think my little Messi would, just saying. I see some players and I'm like, surely that kid is got to be one of the top players at his age. Are there better somewhere else?
I can't wait to get some objective data to compare my opinion vs the scouts. Other thing I'm noticing this year is seeing some players really grow as strong defenders. The big field has highlighted players who can, like Wan Bissaka, successfully tackle in a 1v1. The space is seeing more defenders isolated and I'm noticing more of the individual talent of defenders... on an offensive view, noticing those midfielders who can serve a ball well. Now, they have a little more room and maybe their technique hadn't developed enough to send that perfect pass last year, but now they have grown and they have a bit more space... seeing some good midfielders where I'm like, "what a pass!"

I agree that in SD there are quite a few talented players and you are lucky to have them. Here as well in our LA county we're fortunate to have many great talented players. Even though we are a 2-3 hours away from SD the news carries fast about the teams and players to watch. I however don't mind reading about players that excel on the pitch and get recognized whether it's in this forum or in any other type of format. In all honesty it's what people ( coaches, parents and players) are talking about already in our little soccer world. Mentioning it here is exciting as well as informative but it's also interesting to read about what other people hear out there. Recognizing an 11-12 year old player for their talent and abilities should always be a good thing. This forum is a great format for good conversation.

All for good conversation and good shares! This is what makes this forum a value add. Point taken on quality of LA players. LAFC is pure joy to watch and admire! Let’s keep playing it forward. And like the “ let’s punt it to the coaches” I just want to be sure these hard working young players are treated with respect and honor. Not offended just keeping on the real. Love and Hugs!

ah, simmer down. Give people the benefit of the doubt. No one said Diego (or any other kid) was poor. Kid is tremendous. Pep just said he gets his assists from Dylan. Because he gets his assists served up by Dylan that doesn't mean that Diego is any less. Can compliment one without it being an insult to the other...
Assists got to come from somewhere. It's a team sport.
I think SDSC wide players have tremendous vision. Diego is a clinical finisher and moves really well off the ball. We all rue unfinished chances. It was just said that the kid just gets great service and does his part to finish. I'd love to see that kid next to a big #9 in a 2 man front and then let him roam to find gaps.

Not worth being offended. Keep moving.
Stay focused on giving each other the scouting reports so my little Messi can win the USSDA U13 League Title. hahaha.
I didn't quit him being an AYSO All-Star to not win everything here! hahaha, ok, I'm done, lol.

Real talk though... it is interesting to hear how the other teams are doing because it reassures me or makes me think about where our team is in regards to development. I find it intriguing to see the improvement rate and the tactical mobility of teams to adjust. That's been my big concern for this year. I haven't seen a lot of teams able to "try something new." Seems to be one-way direction tactically. If Team A can shut down Team B's main threat or process, Team A wins. Not just talking SDSC or something... as much as the coaches ability to assess and communicate an adjustment. I know the jump to 11v11 is a big one and so many players are lost tactically on balance, etc. So, I punt that to the coaches this season. In a few years, I'd like to see a strong reading of the game and players have a better idea of what tactical tools to use. I am really curious to watch the lights come on for teams this year as they begin to grasp some of these higher level tactical concepts that are being introduced... especially position specific play. Playing with a 9 vs an 11, the role of a 6, flat back 4 balance and transition to offense as a 3 man back, etc.
You forgot the part where he blasted the "SUBS". Totally not necessary. I always say, the worst part of club soccer in our experience isn't the clubs, leagues, or coaches, it's "other parents".

You forgot the part where he blasted the "SUBS". Totally not necessary. I always say, the worst part of club soccer in our experience isn't the clubs, leagues, or coaches, it's "other parents".
From a different perspective, it didn't sound like a blast of the subs but more of a neutral observation as to the depth of each time while analyzing Surf and SDSC's abilities to compete against each other.

Yup, Saying “main weakness is the bench” equals “blasting” ???
Nah. Still not offended. Moving on.
Subjective call. Feel free to see it as blasting and be offended. ✌️

Back