2006 DA Standings

USC

SILVER
How is the 2006 DA age group doing? Standings? Which DA team is standing out?

If you download the schedule for each team, the scores are there. To my knowledge the top 4 teams are;
1. LAFC
2. TFA
3. LA Galaxy
4. Fc Golden State

Out side of the top three teams, the season has not been challenging at all. The competition is not tough week in week out for the kids to really develop.

If you download the schedule for each team, the scores are there. To my knowledge the top 4 teams are;
1. LAFC
2. TFA
3. LA Galaxy
4. Fc Golden State

Out side of the top three teams, the season has not been challenging at all. The competition is not tough week in week out for the kids to really develop.
That’s such a bummer for US soccer aspirations.

Thx for the info. Clicked on some teams previously and nothing came up.

Was hoping that someone kept stats like other DA age groups to see which DA stoodout..your information is greatly appreciated.

Lots of teams in this age group, why even have DA in this age group if only four teams compete! Should play club instead

1. LAFC
2. TFA
3. LA Galaxy
4. Fc Golden State

If these are the top four, which are the bottom DAs?

The two teams that stand out the most are LAFC & TFA.
Middle of the pack; Legends, Pats, FC Golden State
Bottom ( no disprect to any parents); La Premiere, Santa Barbara, LAUFA.

Haven’t seen galaxy or real so cal yet to comment.

Lots of teams in this age group, why even have DA in this age group if only four teams compete! Should play club instead

Exactly what I was saying when they moved the age down to 10, effectively bouncing kids out of the sport before puberty.

If these are the top four, which are the bottom DAs?
Maybe someone who likes spreadsheets can do us the honors of ranking them. For some reason I couldn't load the excel spreedsheet from the DA website but here are the scores in pdf

Attachments

• 2017-2018 Boys Regular Season Schedule (2)1.pdf
    313.2 KB · Views: 49
Maybe someone who likes spreadsheets can do us the honors of ranking them. For some reason I couldn't load the excel spreedsheet from the DA website but here are the scores in pdf

Where are you finding the scores? When I check the DA site, it only shows games but no results. Thanks.

Here are rankings based on what percentage of their available points (3 for a win, 1 for a draw) does a team take.
LA Region:
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.43.57 PM.png

SD Region:Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 3.59.35 PM.png

I'm pretty sure the points are incorrect for San Diego.
I can double check. It was a pain to do so I may have made a mistake. If you know of something specific feel free to let me know.
I did want to double check. I thought it odd that one team had a massive Goal Differential but high win percentage.

The scores are reality and shows that there is not enough competition for teams to actually develop. The bottom teams benefit from playing the top teams but the kids in the top team need better competition to develop more. There needs to be more outside play rather than just your bracket. That is why we have all these “ what happened “ threads about the World Cup, etc.

Interesting year for 2006 DA, imho MLS academies and TFA are standing out but TFA lost some players during the winter break and that might affect them down the road. Pats, RSC and Golden State are very similar in terms of quality of players fielded, and LA Premier seems to be struggling in their inaugural year. Most of the 2006 teams are being mixed week to week and the true standings will be at U13 level next season... I think there is enough competition, but there is also "mls academy factor" that attracts top kids to those two clubs which makes it harder for other 8 clubs to truly compete.

First year DA is a little wonky. It’s pre-puberty and clubs are still trying to figure out what’s what and who’s who. It improves as they grow older, in terms of proper level of competition. Still, the MLS academies and a couple of the top funded clubs struggle at most age groups to find good competition. A short term fix for now is to play players up and challenge them in that way. The ideal though would be to have tough competition week in and week out for all teams and all players within each age group. A solution is to condense DA and reduce the number of teams. Play every team more often, but the competition would be better since there will be less roster spots to fill across the league. Conceptually, the better players would fill those limited spots. Doubt that will happen though. DA will continue to be the top league in the US, but not nearly as robust as it should be.

Next year at the U13 they will play additional competition from OC and SD. In terms of development via competition I think that will be resolved when they get to older age groups. High caliber coaching should be something all of us with DA kids need to be concerned with, aside from 2-3 clubs this year I did not see much high quality sideline coaching from these highly "renowned" academy coaches. I cant judge on their training methodology, but judging how their teams play its seems that only 3-4 u12 DA sides are really teaching kids correct ball movement/team play.

Back