2003 ECNL National Playoffs

Thanks for the updates and link Som. Arsenal winning 6-1....was that Arsenal being that good, Charlotte being that bad or a combination of both? Congrats to Arsenal on a big win.

I would think a 1-1 draw for Strikers against Solar Chelsea is a good result for Strikers. Surf losing to JAYFC Armada (who is that?) is probably a surprise.

Interesting that the four group winners are the only teams to advance to the knockout rounds. Makes all three group games extremely important. Good luck to the three So Cal teams tomorrow and Saturday.

Lastly, the TGS site for the playoffs is pretty poor. From what I can tell, you cannot drill into the actual games to see who scored, who played, etc. All you get is the schedule and the result.

Thanks for the updates and link Som. Arsenal winning 6-1....was that Arsenal being that good, Charlotte being that bad or a combination of both? Congrats to Arsenal on a big win.

I would think a 1-1 draw for Strikers against Solar Chelsea is a good result for Strikers. Surf losing to JAYFC Armada (who is that?) is probably a surprise.

Interesting that the four group winners are the only teams to advance to the knockout rounds. Makes all three group games extremely important. Good luck to the three So Cal teams tomorrow and Saturday.

Lastly, the TGS site for the playoffs is pretty poor. From what I can tell, you cannot drill into the actual games to see who scored, who played, etc. All you get is the schedule and the result.

The TGS is hideous

I would love to see Arsenals roster and see if any of the 03 girls playing up this year dropped down to assist. Surf is in trouble as it's difficult to win group play with 1 loss. They will need a lot of luck to move forward.

To my knowledge here in Illinois all 03 Arsenal (studs) girls are playing 02 starting tomorrow.

Seedings for the 03 age group set by ppg avg in your conference. Arsenal potentially got good draw but you still have to take advantage of that. Being that everything not equal (across country) 2 #1 seeds lost today - Charlotte and Seatle.

Games today played with good low temps weather. Tomorrow's game at 4 expected to be hot and humid.

Let's see what Socal teams can deliver tmmorrow. Lot of soccer still to be played.

Facility Good but most clubs staying 30-1hr away from event.

I would love to see Arsenals roster and see if any of the 03 girls playing up this year dropped down to assist. Surf is in trouble as it's difficult to win group play with 1 loss. They will need a lot of luck to move forward.
First hand knowledge, none came down to play. The 02s are also playing in Chicago for the Champions League.

After 2 days of soccer, some surprises all the way around. Leaders of each group after 2 games: Michigan Hawks, Seattle Reign, Eclipse, and Arsenal. Group B is up for grabs with all 4 teams with 3 points, this is anyone's group to win, GO SURF!! Kudos to Arsenal & Eclipse being the only 2 teams with 2 wins! Who could have predicted Solar Chelsea with 2 ties? Who could have predicted DeAnza with 2 losses? Exciting days ahead! Good luck to all of the TEAMS!!

After 2 days of soccer, some surprises all the way around. Leaders of each group after 2 games: Michigan Hawks, Seattle Reign, Eclipse, and Arsenal. Group B is up for grabs with all 4 teams with 3 points, this is anyone's group to win, GO SURF!! Kudos to Arsenal & Eclipse being the only 2 teams with 2 wins! Who could have predicted Solar Chelsea with 2 ties? Who could have predicted DeAnza with 2 losses? Exciting days ahead! Good luck to all of the TEAMS!!

What are you all thinking of the fields? I think these slow fields are inhibiting teams like Surf and Arsenal. They are slow and thick. But the weather has been great. Aside for wind. Tomorrow will be no fun. Good luck SoCal teams!

What are you all thinking of the fields? I think these slow fields are inhibiting teams like Surf and Arsenal. They are slow and thick. But the weather has been great. Aside for wind. Tomorrow will be no fun. Good luck SoCal teams!
How are the "fields" inhibiting Arsenal? They are 2-0 and through to Semis. Great results for them so far.

Final 4 Teams: Solar Chelsea, Arsenal, Surf, and Eclipse. Rest day tomorrow and back at it on Monday! Good luck to the final 4! Would love to see an Arsenal vs Surf Final on Tuesday!

Final 4 Teams: Solar Chelsea, Arsenal, Surf, and Eclipse. Rest day tomorrow and back at it on Monday! Good luck to the final 4! Would love to see an Arsenal vs Surf Final on Tuesday!
Surf was eliminated by tie breaker, head to head.

Yes, these fields are definitely slow - hampers fast skilled teams like Surf and Arsenal - definitely an advantage for the bigger / slower teams

U14 ECNL Championship Series

- Two Cali Teams made into the final Four "Semi" round

- Arsenal v Solar Chelsea
- Surf v Eclipse

- Arsenal Dominated their bracket
- Surf was challenged but got into semis via Goal Differential instead of head to head
- Strikers got off to rough start with a tie and lost for the first two games and could not recover

Fields are slow, thick long grass that slows down through balls and quick passes

lots of D1 + National team coaches in Attendance watching games at least for whole halves at a minimum

Great Job Cali teams - way to go!

Great experience so far!

Back