2003 ECNL National Playoffs

Did the rules change this year? Always been head to head...

We were surprised too... not sure but that seems like a bum wrap for JAY FC Armada who would have moved on in a head to head ... good for surf

3.17.3 ECNL Play off Standings -Advancement :If two teams are tied within their group at the ECNL Play offs , the tie-breaker will be as follows:
-Total points earned in head to head game (if possible). If more than two teams
are tied, this tie -breaker shall not apply.
-Goal Difference (based on group play);
-Goals For (based on group play);
-Goals Against (based on group play);
-Penalties: If it is still tied, the winner shall be determined by kicks from the
mark. The winner shall then be the ECNL Team that scores the most in five (5)
kicks from the mark. If the teams remain tied after five (5) kicks, the winner
shall be determined by sudden death in rounds of one (1) kick per team.

I think Jay FC is moving on.

Thanks for the updates and link Som. Arsenal winning 6-1....was that Arsenal being that good, Charlotte being that bad or a combination of both? Congrats to Arsenal on a big win.

I would think a 1-1 draw for Strikers against Solar Chelsea is a good result for Strikers. Surf losing to JAYFC Armada (who is that?) is probably a surprise.

Interesting that the four group winners are the only teams to advance to the knockout rounds. Makes all three group games extremely important. Good luck to the three So Cal teams tomorrow and Saturday.

Lastly, the TGS site for the playoffs is pretty poor. From what I can tell, you cannot drill into the actual games to see who scored, who played, etc. All you get is the schedule and the result.

Bababooey - apologies for the late response - but Charlotte is actually a really skilled fast team ... Arsenal jumped on them with 3 goals within 12 minutes - they were on their heels and never recovered ... but seeing them play how they move the ball they are pretty solid ... probably a bad day for them and not familiar with the fast, aggressive, high pressure style tempo that Arsenal plays

I would love to see Arsenals roster and see if any of the 03 girls playing up this year dropped down to assist. Surf is in trouble as it's difficult to win group play with 1 loss. They will need a lot of luck to move forward.

03's playing up on the 02,s played for the 0'2 team

3.17.3 ECNL Play off Standings -Advancement :If two teams are tied within their group at the ECNL Play offs , the tie-breaker will be as follows:
-Total points earned in head to head game (if possible). If more than two teams
are tied, this tie -breaker shall not apply.
-Goal Difference (based on group play);
-Goals For (based on group play);
-Goals Against (based on group play);
-Penalties: If it is still tied, the winner shall be determined by kicks from the
mark. The winner shall then be the ECNL Team that scores the most in five (5)
kicks from the mark. If the teams remain tied after five (5) kicks, the winner
shall be determined by sudden death in rounds of one (1) kick per team.

I think Jay FC is moving on.

You are correct ECNL just changed / corrected their mistake

Good job MOM!

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/flightstandings.aspx?eid=356&fid=1603

Stand corrected ECNL Made an error Surf is not moving on !

Arsenal is now the only Cali team into the Semis

Personally, I dont like tournies that have 1 team that advances from group play..Makes it very difficult to advance with 1 loss or in some cases 1 tie. Surf had a great year that unfortunately ended in the playoffs quickly. Arsenal will have to hold the flag for the SW conference.

Back