17-18 boys applications

No SC DA club had their total amount of teams reduced as far as I know.

Remember new clubs applied for one of three options: U-12 only, U-12 to U-14, and full Academy.

Existing Academy clubs applied for one of three expansion options depending upon their current status: U-13 & U-14, U-13 to U-18/19, and U-16/17 & U-18/19.

For the existing clubs with say (1) team this 16-17' year like a TFA they may have not been approved for the three dev set: U12, U13, U14 for 17-18 but they still retain the (1) U12 team for 17-18' but that just happens to be the 06' age group for that playing year.

No SC DA club had their amount of teams reduced as far i can tell.

Remember new clubs applied for one of three options: U-12 only, U-12 to U-14, and full Academy.

Existing Academy clubs applied for one of three expansion options depending upon their current status: U-13 & U-14, U-13 to U-18/19, and U-16/17 & U-18/19.

For the existing clubs with say (1) team this 16-17' year like a TFA they may have not been approved for the three dev set: U12, U13, U14 for 17-18 but they still retain the (1) U12 team for 17-18' but that just happens to be the 06' age group for that playing year.
correct SDSC and CVFC still have 2006

No SC DA club had their total amount of teams reduced as far as I know.

What about LAUFA? Are they going to have 03's and 02's next season?

What about LAUFA? Are they going to have 03's and 02's next season?

For those existing clubs ( Santa Barbara, Albion, LAUFA) with the (3) dev set: U12, U13, U14 they have those for 17-18' plus whatever else was approved or not?

We know Albion has U15 due to previous promotion but I haven't heard or seen anything about those other clubs yet. Maybe somebody in the know can post up with that info?

Really surprised to hear about TFA if the rumors are true. TFA has a good program that produces great players.

Really surprised to hear about TFA if the rumors are true. TFA has a good program that produces great players.

I would say that TFA scouts top quality young players based on their winning reputation. Not sure how well they develop players because the top TFA talent eventually gets picked up by Galaxy and now the new LAFC.

1. Everybody hates TFA.
2. LAG and LAFC want their players.

While I can see why TFA families would say this, it's assuming that US Soccer has been politicized, which I would hope isn't the case. However, they are geographically pretty darn close to So Cal's two MLS Academies. And once LAFC moves into their new stadium they'll be even closer together. With that said, because they always put a good product on the field for others to compete against, it IS a bummer.

f
still unfortunate ,development or no development.

For sure I agree with you. Its tough to break up their current 04 & 05 academy teams. They
While I can see why TFA families would say this, it's assuming that US Soccer has been politicized, which I would hope isn't the case. However, they are geographically pretty darn close to So Cal's two MLS Academies. And once LAFC moves into their new stadium they'll be even closer together. With that said, because they always put a good product on the field for others to compete against, it IS a bummer.

Well stated!

Back