youthsoccerankings.us: What happened?

gordonst

BRONZE
The amazingly useful youthsoccerrankings.us site now just redirects to Sports Engine? Does anyone know why they (he?) decided to throw in the towel? Or the back story behind the site? It was extremely helpful. Definitely will be missed.

This is all the bull$hilt Sports Engine gives us now. They did not give Mark (who ran YSR) any reasoning as to why they pulled the carpet out from under him. I have been blasting Sports Engine on FB and IG demanding an answer as to why they did this....I explained thousands upon thousands of coaches, team managers, and parent used this very resourceful tool for many reasons. Please send message out to friends to hit up Sports Engine on social media and ask them for reinstatement. (see below for SE statement)

Welcome
The Youth Soccer Rankings site is no longer in service. We have been proud to help serve the soccer community with youth soccer rankings; unfortunately, we are no longer able to provide complete and accurate national rankings and have decided to take down the site. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

For the latest news in the youth soccer community we encourage you to visit SoccerWire and for information about soccer programs in your area, you can continue to visit SportsEngine.

well that sucks.. wonder how many tournaments relied on them for bracketing.
Most all of them.....somebody or another soccer platform is going to have to resurrect these rankings as they are a significant tool for most coaches, team managers, and especially tournament directors.

Most all of them.....somebody or another soccer platform is going to have to resurrect these rankings as they are a significant tool for most coaches, team managers, and especially tournament directors.
Yea i went on social media and complained to sports engine. I suggest everyone do the same. They need to bring that back.

That blows! And to give a weak ass NBC corporate excuse in their reply is beyond sad. Not as sad as their Olympic coverage but in the same ballpark.

Did SportsEngine simply host the YSR rankings page and, if so, couldn't the guy who developed the algorithm just take his software to another site? I'd pay $20 a year to subscribe, I probably look at YSR 200 times a year searching out who my kids are playing and drilling down as to who they have played, common opponents, etc (yeah, I'm one of those parents). I pay a lot more for things I visit a lot less on the internet. Charge clubs $100 a year to use it for tournament bracketing. Seems like you could bring in a decent revenue stream from idiot soccer parents such as myself.

Maybe TeamSnap can take up the baton. Seems as though they host a better team management app, would be a great way to get SportsEngine clubs over to their side. Let's get it back up and running before tournament season. I don't think I can stomach an entire season of GotSoccer and their ridiculous pay-for-play rankings!

It’s been resurrected as an app. Being discussed in the Socal forum right here, but not sure if folks from this area of the site would see it.

----------------------------------------

Hello -

Since the youthsoccerrankings.us website was shut down at the end of March, I have been working long hours to create a new and improved system that runs as an app on your phone or tablet. Please check it out by searching for "Soccer Rankings" on either the Apple App Store or (in a few days) the Google Play Store.

In this first release you can view rankings for all teams from U10 to U19, view results, see game result predictions and correct errors in the team entry or playing record. I hope you will help me to get the data as accurate as possible. Some improvements you will see over the old system.

* More results.
* State rankings based on geographical state (e.g. CA, NY, OH, PA, TX)
* Better automation of merging results from different websites.
* Instant update to the rankings if you make corrections.
* Score prediction and win probability for any pair of teams.
* More predictive ranking algorithm.
* Secure tracking of who makes changes so we can block user's editing rights if they make careless or deliberate errors.

The next release will include bug fixes plus club rankings.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would spread the word about the new app in your soccer community. Hopefully we can get this into the hands of competition organizers and improve the experience of traveling teams across the country.

Please let me know if you see any issues or have any ideas for improvements.

New contact information: support@usasportstatistics.net

Kind regards,

Mark

Back