USMNT Drama

Yea I noticed that USMNT players have all been playing together for a long time. Listened to Pulisic talk about how "special" this group was. Was thinking to myself what are the odds that the best possible US players have been playing together on the same teams since they were 12? No other sport, hockey, basketball, football, etc, etc, etc works this way. What makes soccer different? Or more likely is it that a select few have created their own little group + others arent invited + they have a stranglehold on who plays. As long as they make the final 16 in the world cup the machine keeps spinning.
That seems to be the way it is in soccer all the way down to elite teams in U-littles

That seems to be the way it is in soccer all the way down to elite teams in U-littles
I lived it on the girls side. It's a little club of the rich & famous and those who know how to get what they what for their kids. I know this is about them men but the girls DA was 100% copied from the men's DA way of doing things. It's going to get better. I was just talking with old pal of mine who told me stuff that just a certain selected get to do, if you play the game with the right folks. Pay for play doesn't always involve $$$$. Lot's of ways people can play the game to be selected. I still remember a father so mad his dd didn't start that he ran a cross the pitch after the game, had some choice words with coach and his kid started every game after that. SMFH!

I lived it on the girls side. It's a little club of the rich & famous and those who know how to get what they what for their kids. I know this is about them men but the girls DA was 100% copied from the men's DA way of doing things. It's going to get better. I was just talking with old pal of mine who told me stuff that just a certain selected get to do, if you play the game with the right folks. Pay for play doesn't always involve $$$$. Lot's of ways people can play the game to be selected. I still remember a father so mad his dd didn't start that he ran a cross the pitch after the game, had some choice words with coach and his kid started every game after that. SMFH!
I've seen a dad go off on a coach (in front of all the other parents) because his daughter didnt start THE SECOND HALF!

Roughly 2 hours later she was booted off the team + the club.

However this dad wasnt going to just walk away. He convinced several other parents to take their kid to a different club with him + he got them all to skip the final round of State Cup guaranteeing a loss.

At the new club one of the players that followed the crazy parent quit within 6 months. Another got moved from 10 to wing, crazy parents kid rides pine.

Because of crazy dad players have been blackballed + are stuck on a mediocre team + wont be able to play on a top team no matter how good they get.

I hate players getting labeled and pigeonholed but in this case it was earned.

Back