Tuesday-Thursday games

splat123

BRONZE
My DD recently finished her first year of hs soccer in CIFSD. I'm reaching out to the group to better understand why games are Tuesday-Thursday instead of Tuesday-Friday, which would be better for the players and might attract more fans imo. I have to imagine this has been brought up before ... thoughts?

My DD recently finished her first year of hs soccer in CIFSD. I'm reaching out to the group to better understand why games are Tuesday-Thursday instead of Tuesday-Friday, which would be better for the players and might attract more fans imo. I have to imagine this has been brought up before ... thoughts?
Your game day and times depend on following, in this order:
  1. League you are in
  2. Field availability
  3. Lights availability
  4. Coaches availability
Not every League have games on Tue/Thur, the league we are in is playing on Tue/Fri.....

Thanks Eagle33. Could a referee shortage explain why some leagues are T/Th instead of T/F? Seems like a no-brainer to have that extra day between games.

Your game day and times depend on following, in this order:
  1. League you are in
  2. Field availability
  3. Lights availability
  4. Coaches availability
Not every League have games on Tue/Thur, the league we are in is playing on Tue/Fri.....

Thanks Eagle33. Could a referee shortage explain why some leagues are T/Th instead of T/F? Seems like a no-brainer to have that extra day between games.
No, referees has nothing to do with this. It has everything to do with a field availability and training/games between boys and girls

I know in our league/school that girls soccer is Tuesday/Thursday and boys is Wednesday Friday.
Field availability has a lot to do with it.
I'd personally love to see girls and boys both play on Friday - back to back games. Get a bigger crowd out for both games.

They usually swap out day each yea. Next year girls will probably be W/F and boys T/Th. It also depends on the league. I have worked varsity boys followed by girls varsity on Fridays for league games.

Back