Tryouts

Surf is scheduling tryouts AFTER State Cup this year, which is much better! Last year was strange going into State Cup with our daughter's old team knowing she was going to be on a new team when the tournament was over (especially when the two clubs played each other during State Cup)!

Are any other clubs following suit and scheduling after State Cup? I would expect LAGSD will do so as well since they always seem to schedule their tryouts the same week as Surf.

Surf is scheduling tryouts AFTER State Cup this year, which is much better! Last year was strange going into State Cup with our daughter's old team knowing she was going to be on a new team when the tournament was over (especially when the two clubs played each other during State Cup)!

Are any other clubs following suit and scheduling after State Cup? I would expect LAGSD will do so as well since they always seem to schedule their tryouts the same week as Surf.
Does it really change anything for flight 1 teams by having tryouts after? Open training, age group trainings, kids doing privates with prospective coachs/teams etc. etc. all this circumvents tryouts. Most teams will already be set with only 1 or 2 slots remaining.

Does it really change anything for flight 1 teams by having tryouts after? Open training, age group trainings, kids doing privates with prospective coachs/teams etc. etc. all this circumvents tryouts. Most teams will already be set with only 1 or 2 slots remaining.

It really doesn't change who will be on which team, but it just didn't seem right going through the tryout process before State Cup. Last year we had girls who didn't make the A team who were still playing on our team for State Cup; my daughter was leaving the team to go to Surf. It was a little weird. The sideline vibe was definitely hampered by it.

Back