Tryouts

I thought that with the 2 different in-state leagues that tryouts would get a little more spread out. However it looks like all the clubs will have the older groups in the first week of May. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. I would have wanted to go a week earlier than everyone else. ASA has to wait until May due to state sup. Not sure why SAA has to wait.

I think the thing that is frustrating is that the letter leagues are usually all on the same days, of course there is the point that if they want you, they already know you and you already know you are wanted.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me. I would have wanted to go a week earlier than everyone
I thought that with the 2 different in-state leagues that tryouts would get a little more spread out. However it looks like all the clubs will have the older groups in the first week of May. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. I would have wanted to go a week earlier than everyone else. ASA has to wait until May due to state sup. Not sure why SAA has to wait.

Yes, there are two different Arizona state development leagues. Why would it be a missed opportunity? which league would want to play? ASA or SSA? why not a compete league like ECNL or MLS next?

ECNL and MLS (and GA for that matter) are basically recruiting the whole year (if not they are not doing their job). They should already know who they want when it comes to tryout time. However ASA and SSA are at (basically) the same level with (basically) the same recruiting rules. If I am a club in one of those leagues (ASA or SSA), I would want my league to have the earliest tryout dates possible. There is an advantage to going first. However, from what I see for the club's tryouts dates, they are all the first week in May. This doesn't make sense from a business perspective. I'd prefer for my player to go to as many tryouts as possible and see what all the options are. But clubs are gonna do what clubs are gonna do....

Back