The Inevitable New The Inevitable Trump Mocking Thread

Trump’s Tax Returns
By Frank Ryan
Liberals did not hear what they wanted to hear in the Mueller report, so now they are waging a different type of battle. The new battle centers on Donald Trump’s tax returns.

The tax return conundrum and the demand that the President release his tax returns has exploded in both the New York State Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives.

The New York Senate has cleverly attempted to circumvent the confidentiality of the tax return by introducing a bill authorizing the release of the returns. New York Senate bill, S2271, requires the disclosure of tax returns by statewide elected officials including the president of the United States. Governor Andrew Cuomo has indicated that he would sign the bill.

Not to be outdone, Congressman Richard Neal, D-MA, chair of the Ways and Means Committee, U.S. House of Representatives, stated in a press release “Last month, the Ways and Means Committee began an investigation into the mandatory audit program at the IRS in an effort to assess the extent to which the IRS audits and enforces the federal tax laws against a sitting President and to determine if those audits need to be codified into federal law. As part of that inquiry, on April 3, I requested six years of the President’s personal and business tax returns, pursuant to my authority under section 6103(f) of the IRS Code. I believed then, as I do now, that reviewing the requested documents is a necessary piece of the committee’s work.”

The New York Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives are vainly attempting to politicize the release of tax returns using the average American’s misunderstanding of the tax code to give the false impression of wrongdoing on the part of the president of the United States.

213662_5_.png
Any CPA, of which I am one, will tell you that there is limited value to viewing someone’s personal tax return if your goal is to get a full picture of an individual’s financial dealings. The nature of tax laws is so complicated that unless one understands all the intricacies of C corporations, trusts, annuities, real estate, subchapter S entities, Limited liability corporations, and partnerships, a review of an individual’s personal tax return will merely give you an unbelievably inaccurate perspective of a person’s financial dealings and holdings. Unfortunately, the tax laws are so complicated that a review of the tax return may actually be misleading in and of itself. Asking for personal tax returns seems reasonable and prudent when in fact it is irrelevant for the most part.

dizzy is just attempting to conflate things, like always. It's the way of the day, authoritarian 101.
Your babbling remind me of the Democrats who want the "unredacted" Mueller report, but won'r even read the report made available to select members, a version with minimal redactions ...the way of the Democrats indeed.

Your babbling remind me of the Democrats who want the "unredacted" Mueller report, but won'r even read the report made available to select members, a version with minimal redactions ...the way of the Democrats indeed.
Irony personified . . . I'm the one babbling eh? Have you had your nap?

Barr’s Pick To Lead Russia Collusion Investigation Has Been On The Case Since At Least October

Posted at 5:00 pm on May 15, 2019 by Elizabeth Vaughn

from-russia-with-love-SCREENSHOT-620x346.jpg

It turns out that John Durham, the prosecutor chosen by Attorney General William Barr to lead the probe into the origins of the Trump/Russia Collusion investigation isn’t so new to the case after all.

Real Clear Investigations’ Eric Felten published an excerpt from former FBI General Counsel James Baker’s October 3, 2018 closed testimony before the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees. Baker is currently under criminal investigation for possible illegal leaking of classified information to the press.

During questioning by Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), it was revealed that John Durham is the prosecutor assigned to Baker’s case.

The following partial transcript (via Real Clear Investigations) from Baker’s October 3, 2018 testimony shows how this was discovered.

Note: David Corn is the Washington Bureau Chief for Mother Jones. He was one of the first journalists to write an article about the Steele Dossier in October 2016. Throughout the summer and fall of 2016, the FBI received various versions of the dossier from different sources. One of those came from David Corn.

Rep. Jordan: Tell me about your relationship with David Corn.

Baker: David is a friend of mine.

Jordan: Tell me about that. A close friend? Long-time friend?

Baker: Long-time friend.

Jordan: When did you first meet Mr. Corn?

Baker: I don’t specifically remember. A long time ago, though.

Jordan: Years ago?

Baker: Years and years and years ago, yeah. Our kids carpooled together. We carpooled with them when our kids were little

Jordan: Prior to the election of – Presidential election of 2016. How many times did you talk with David Corn in the weeks and months prior to election day?

Baker: I don’t remember.

Jordan: Is it fair to say you did talk with Corn?

Baker: Yes, I did, but I just don’t remember how many [times].

Jordan: So did you talk to Mr. Corn about anything that the FBI was working on? Specifically the now infamous Steele dossier?”

Baker’s lawyer, Dan Levin: (interrupts) One second. (Levin and Baker speak privately.)

Levin: I cannot let [Baker] answer these questions right now. You may or may not know, he’s been the subject of a leak investigation which is still – a criminal leak investigation that’s still active at the Justice Department. I’m sorry. I’m cutting off any discussion about conversations with reporters.

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC): You’re saying he’s under criminal investigation? That’s why you’re not letting him answer?

Levin: Yes.

Jordan: There is an ongoing investigation by whom?

Levin: The Justice Department.

Jordan: I mean, is the inspector general looking at this or is this—

Levin: No. It’s Mr. John Durham, a prosecutor…I don’t want him talking about conversations he’s had with reporters because I don’t know what the questions are and I don’t know what the answers are right now. Given that there is an ongoing investigation of him for leaks which the Department [of Justice] has not closed, I’m not comfortable letting him answer questions.

This particular excerpt from Baker’s testimony was disclosed in January, and at that point, the name John Durham would have been meaningless to most of us. It is good news that John Durham is already familiar with at least some aspects of the case. I would even say it’s likely he’s been working on the larger investigation for longer than the public has been led to believe.

Don't think Mr Barr really gives a shit about what the house wants.
Too Fucking Funny.

MAY 15, 2019

AG William Barr teases Nancy Pelosi in a greeting: 'Madam Speaker, did you bring handcuffs?'
She reportedly had a quick answer for the attorney general

Attorney General William Barr reportedly teased House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday over Democrats' calls to have him jailed, greeting her with a handshake while asking, "Madam Speaker, did you bring handcuffs?"

Ditch the fake news ==> Click here to get news you can trust sent right to your inbox. It's free!
What are the details?
According to the Washington Examiner, the attorney general approached Pelosi at the National Peace Officers' Memorial Service to inquire about whether his arrest was imminent.

Apparently, Pelosi joked right back. An unnamed bystander who claimed to have witnessed the exchange said, "The speaker, not missing a beat, smiled and indicated to the attorney general that the House Sergeant at Arms was present at the ceremony should an arrest be necessary. The attorney general chuckled and walked away."

Back