Surf Cup 2021

Beach beat Slammers HB Koge ECRL team at Cerritos…not HB Koge ECNL team. Tied Slammers ECNL (2nd team) in past two tourneys. Lost to Blues 0-1 in AZ. Scrimmaged HB Koge ECNL and Eagles in past few months. Upcoming ECNL season will be fun w a lot of talent across teams.

Beach beat Slammers HB Koge ECRL team at Cerritos…not HB Koge ECNL team. Tied Slammers ECNL (2nd team) in past two tourneys. Lost to Blues 0-1 in AZ. Scrimmaged HB Koge ECNL and Eagles in past few months. Upcoming ECNL season will be fun w a lot of talent across teams.
Yeah I stand corrected. I should have just stuck with my original statement which wasn’t even really referring to the happenings of this Spring.

Prior to this year, Beach (or LAGSB) has faced up against the best teams Slammers has had to offer (PA/Cruz) and has won. They have always put themselves in a position to face the best of what’s out there and have fared well.

Well aware that the ECNL consolidation works well in Slammers favor having 5-6 flight 1 teams to draw from and I absolutely misread the Cerritos results re: Slammers Hoge ECNL.

All good - agreed it will be a fun season to follow.

Well those Best of the Best semi lineups are certainly a SoCal haters nightmare.

Not a hater like used to be (I can admit when I’m wrong!) but the SoCal teams certainly performed this weekend.

I think I just enjoy predicting outcomes. SoCal Blues is still in it though. Seeing how Eagles has performed over the years, I won’t be surprised if they pull it out.

I will say it seems the Northwest took it on the tail end though.

Not a hater like used to be (I can admit when I’m wrong!) but the SoCal teams certainly performed this weekend.

I think I just enjoy predicting outcomes. SoCal Blues is still in it though. Seeing how Eagles has performed over the years, I won’t be surprised if they pull it out.

I will say it seems the Northwest took it on the tail end though.
Blues and Koge Ecnl are absolutely National Heavyweights. Not many that will defeat either of them.

It’s a shame Surf stacked the groups in their favor by putting Blues and Slammers in the same group. That should have been the final.

I gotta give credit to LV surf, they are the real deal and will no doubt wipe the floor with anyone else in Discovery this Fall.
All SoCal semis in Best of the best as I expected. Surf SD is probably the favorite but LAFCREalsocal, Eagles and Blues will have something to say about it.

It’s a shame Surf stacked the groups in their favor by putting Blues and Slammers in the same group. That should have been the final.

Could, not should. Both teams by the way left a bit to be desired for those expecting a game with entertaining style of play. So much talent on the field, but individual plays rather than concerted team efforts were the deciding factor in the game.

Can anyone tell me more about the LAFC team? I seem to be confused. What was this team called last year? Or is it a brand new team that just takes players from affiliate clubs and if so, what clubs?

I also thought LAFC was part of Slammers or Vice Versa when I was following the ECNL Finals a couple weeks ago. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me more about the LAFC team? I seem to be confused. What was this team called last year? Or is it a brand new team that just takes players from affiliate clubs and if so, what clubs?

I also thought LAFC was part of Slammers or Vice Versa when I was following the ECNL Finals a couple weeks ago. Thanks!

My understanding is that LAFC discontinued their association with Slammers (now Koge) and moved it to Real so Cal. Therefore the team you see in the semis is the Real so Cal ECNL team.
Incidentally I watched them play their game vs Slammers on Saturday and came away very impressed.

My understanding is that LAFC discontinued their association with Slammers (now Koge) and moved it to Real so Cal. Therefore the team you see in the semis is the Real so Cal ECNL team.
Incidentally I watched them play their game vs Slammers on Saturday and came away very impressed.
Is the basic deal that, with LAFC now fully aligning with Real SoCal (including what I believe to be a full club rebranding above & beyond anything that existed with Slammers)….that the Slammers group with the ECNL/ECRL slot that had been associated with “LAFC Slammers” (as opposed to the ECNL/ECRL slot associated simply with “Slammers”) has now basically replaced that LAFC affiliation with one with the Danish club HB Koge?

Is the basic deal that, with LAFC now fully aligning with Real SoCal (including what I believe to be a full club rebranding above & beyond anything that existed with Slammers)….that the Slammers group with the ECNL/ECRL slot that had been associated with “LAFC Slammers” (as opposed to the ECNL/ECRL slot associated simply with “Slammers”) has now basically replaced that LAFC affiliation with one with the Danish club HB Koge?
Yes

They do it all the time on the boys side and definitely backfired on them this go around!!!!!

I was impressed at how well Albion powered through the Super Black division. They probably had the toughest road of any team in the whole division. Like I said, I enjoy following all of the talented teams around the US. Many of them will be playing each other in future NCAA tournaments.

Was a super fun weekend. All we had to to is win or tie vs the a Eagles to go to semis. Unfortunately we let a own goal in with no one around. We had plenty of chances to score but just couldn’t get one past the pipes. I honestly do not think Eagles had one shot on goal. Regardless they won and moved on so major congrats to them. A win is a win any way you dice it up. Was awesome to see all these elites players show their talents from all the different clubs around. You live and you learn. On to the next one! Have a great week all

Back