So Cal State CUP

Level looks mixed. Will be interesting to note how many so cal teams participate in the Cal South State Cup which is now open to all.

Can anyone provide information on why some of the best 2013 teams don't enter SoCal state cup? e.g. Strikers 2013 Anaya, Laguna Blue 2013 etc.
Do teams split up and players play up or any other reason?

Can anyone provide information on why some of the best 2013 teams don't enter SoCal state cup? e.g. Strikers 2013 Anaya, Laguna Blue 2013 etc.
Do teams split up and players play up or any other reason?

Some coaches either play in a different tournament or don't play at all. The reasoning I got from a G15 coach was that he didn't want to burn the girls out since many of them were dual-rostered and played double the games in the Fall. I didn't agree with keeping them out of state cup since its one of the coolest flight-specific tournaments all year. But to each their own.

are the teams playing up?

Thanks guys! I see some teams in the 2012 age group (e.g. Strikers 2012) but had assumed those were the equivalent 2012 team. Potentially its a mix of 2012 and 2013 with some boys playing up, and therefore teams don't enter a specific 2013 team.

In the U14 (2009) age group today, Albion SC Riverside (finished in 3rd place in flight 1) defeated Sporting CA ECNL 1-0….LOL

In the U14 (2009) age group today, Albion SC Riverside (finished in 3rd place in flight 1) defeated Sporting CA ECNL 1-0….LOL

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't find this game on the State Cup schedule. All I see is the ALBION SC Riverside B09 Academy team beating California Rush Soccer Club CA Rush B09 Nero - Norwalk, 2-0. (link to game). Searching for "Albion Riverside B09" teams at the top of the State Cup page only comes up with this one team. Do you have a link?

EDIT: My bad, was only looking on the Boys side based on earlier posts. Here is the game for 2009G.

Back