Silverlakes Thanksgiving Showcase

Keepermom,
The guest you refer to is a Beach FC 06 player. She usually plays up but also plays in her ACTUAL age group. She's an amazing player and young lady. This is no different than last year's Arsenal G04 team which pulled down 2-3 players from their 03 team to win some important games. No need for sour milk nor insinuate cheating is at hand.
Really not my intention to insinuate anything. It isn't cheating. I have nothing to do with either team nor do I know anyone from either team. It was meant to be an observation. I love soccer and love watching a good game of soccer. When you have one person that makes such a big difference, it really isn't a good game of soccer. Having said that, I did enjoy watching her score from so many different positions. My daughter and I were properly impressed.

Keepermom,
The guest you refer to is a Beach FC 06 player. She usually plays up but also plays in her ACTUAL age group. She's an amazing player and young lady. This is no different than last year's Arsenal G04 team which pulled down 2-3 players from their 03 team to win some important games. No need for sour milk nor insinuate cheating is at hand.

Really not my intention to insinuate anything. It isn't cheating. I have nothing to do with either team nor do I know anyone from either team. It was meant to be an observation. I love soccer and love watching a good game of soccer. When you have one person that makes such a big difference, it really isn't a good game of soccer. Having said that, I did enjoy watching her score from so many different positions. My daughter and I were properly impressed.
She is an offensive juggernaut. But based on the score it sounds like Beach’s defense had a good day also.

All respect. Please forgive me if my response sounded too defensive. I agree with your latest comment.

Really not my intention to insinuate anything. It isn't cheating. I have nothing to do with either team nor do I know anyone from either team. It was meant to be an observation. I love soccer and love watching a good game of soccer. When you have one person that makes such a big difference, it really isn't a good game of soccer.

Totally agree....Barcelona shouldn't be allowed to keep fielding Lionel Messi....He spoils the game with all his unfair dribbles, assists and goals. #MessiOut

Totally agree....Barcelona shouldn't be allowed to keep fielding Lionel Messi....He spoils the game with all his unfair dribbles, assists and goals. #MessiOut
LOL. Okay...I will match Apples to Oranges. A Professional Soccer team to a U12 developing team: Read the below link and you will see lots of other Barcelona team members score goals too and lookie there...Messi also helps other people score goals. You see, that really wasn't the case the other day. Now if you put Messi on the USMNT, that would be more Apples to Apples. LOL Boy my comments have gone to hell and back. The reality is I am new to this INSANE Club Soccer World and live in a fantasy land that youth soccer should be about development of soccer skills and the concept of team. That is really where my obviously naive and ridiculous comments came from. I am still struggling swallowing the idea that isn't what it is about. I like to watch teams that are evenly matched play a game of soccer. http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/barcelona/top-scorers

My guess is she didn't play in the game yesterday. I am very curious to know what games she played in for the tournament. I figured she was at least an 05 player. Your defense came back in the second half. I think you guys would have had a good chance had she not been playing. I personally would have been bummed if I was a parent on Beach because the win wouldn't feel like a team success. For me it is sort of like being a Flight 1 team and playing down to Flight 2 so you can win a tournament. What did you really accomplish? Just my opinion.

Wasn’t it a Beach team that cheated and got away with it during State Cup last year. Used a player that was a year too old all tournament and Cal South took the payoff and let it slide. Sorry, cannot hear about a Beach team winning without the injustice of what happened coming to mind.

I am sure that was not the case this time.

...Messi also helps other people score goals. You see, that really wasn't the case the other day. Now if you put Messi on the USMNT, that would be more Apples to Apples...
That is not really what happened, that player was playing within a team. She did assisted and combined with other players multiple times, you are stretching your argument ... And believe me, if Messi were playing in the USMNT nobody would complain.
My girls have been playing flight 1 for a few years now, in very good teams. As a result they have played against great teams and players. At times they have been shelled by Galaxy, SD Surf, and the like, and at times they have shelled other teams. I have never thought, not even once, that it was unfair that a particularly good player of their age was playing against them. Rather the opposite, the stronger the opposition, the better. I want them to play against the best players in their age group. If you do not like playing against top teams and great players, that is good too. In my case, when one of them was playing in AYSO and the coach made them use only the left foot to even things up, I realized it was time to move.

That is not really what happened, that player was playing within a team. She did assisted and combined with other players multiple times, you are stretching your argument ... And believe me, if Messi were playing in the USMNT nobody would complain.
My girls have been playing flight 1 for a few years now, in very good teams. As a result they have played against great teams and players. At times they have been shelled by Galaxy, SD Surf, and the like, and at times they have shelled other teams. I have never thought, not even once, that it was unfair that a particularly good player of their age was playing against them. Rather the opposite, the stronger the opposition, the better. I want them to play against the best players in their age group. If you do not like playing against top teams and great players, that is good too. In my case, when one of them was playing in AYSO and the coach made them use only the left foot to even things up, I realized it was time to move.
You didn't really understand my comments. I feel like I am beating my head against a wall so I will stop expanding on my thought and put my hands up in surrender! LOL

If you're all talking about the girl I think you're talking about...yeah she's a good player. Our girls played Beach the first game of Fall season, Beach was short a few players and she came out. I was disappointed that she didn't come out for the second game in Fall. IMO there is a lack of dynamic forwards in this age division, so I welcome the challenge wherever it comes from.

If you're all talking about the girl I think you're talking about...yeah she's a good player. Our girls played Beach the first game of Fall season, Beach was short a few players and she came out. I was disappointed that she didn't come out for the second game in Fall. IMO there is a lack of dynamic forwards in this age division, so I welcome the challenge wherever it comes from.

Agree with your statement. In terms of game 1, we were short a player, but did have 2 subs. On another note, your Center mid is legit!

Last edited:

Not sure what teams you have been playing but I've seen some talented forwards in this age group. Blues #7 Legends #1 Legends #4 Surf #13 Anaheim Surf #8 These 5 players wreck havoc in our age group & I'm sure there are others that I'm missing.

Back