San Nicolas Academy / Vegas Cup Shenanigans

pewpew

SILVER ELITE
For all you Vegas teams out there..you already know this club is in your area. However, on Sunday the team coached by Diego Jimenez and Team Mgr. Fabian Silva (who also swap roles for another team according to gotsoccer.com) stooped to a new low..at least I think they did. Maybe they've gone lower. This was during their third game in group play. Boys U-11 Silver. One of their players..a defender earned a Red Card in the previous game (for dangerous play is what I heard-can't confirm). He was on the field for our game and managed to light up one of our strikers twice. A coach from the team of one of our previous games happened to be nearby and informed our coach that the defender had been carded in his game and should not be playing the current game.
Our coach got the tournament staff involved. They talked it over on the field with the refs and coaches from both teams. FORFEIT!! We were just into the 2nd half and they were up 2-0. Not a lead that couldn't be tied or even overcome. Our boys walked back onto the field to shake hands with their boys and were preceded to be called "gay and cheaters" by their kids. Parents also called us cheaters from their side of the field. Great sportsmanship by San Nicolas Academy.
My guess is they probably figured nobody would know if their suspended player was on the pitch for the next game. What message does this send to the players?! That even though you've been suspended from playing the next game..it's more important to win..and it's no big deal if we put you in the game. Truly pathetic. EVERYONE on that team had to have been there when that player received his red card. The entire team is culpable. Starting with the coach, then the TA, the parents of the player, and everyone else.
Great job San Nicolas Academy!!!

For all you Vegas teams out there..you already know this club is in your area. However, on Sunday the team coached by Diego Jimenez and Team Mgr. Fabian Silva (who also swap roles for another team according to gotsoccer.com) stooped to a new low..at least I think they did. Maybe they've gone lower. This was during their third game in group play. Boys U-11 Silver. One of their players..a defender earned a Red Card in the previous game (for dangerous play is what I heard-can't confirm). He was on the field for our game and managed to light up one of our strikers twice. A coach from the team of one of our previous games happened to be nearby and informed our coach that the defender had been carded in his game and should not be playing the current game.
Our coach got the tournament staff involved. They talked it over on the field with the refs and coaches from both teams. FORFEIT!! We were just into the 2nd half and they were up 2-0. Not a lead that couldn't be tied or even overcome. Our boys walked back onto the field to shake hands with their boys and were preceded to be called "gay and cheaters" by their kids. Parents also called us cheaters from their side of the field. Great sportsmanship by San Nicolas Academy.
My guess is they probably figured nobody would know if their suspended player was on the pitch for the next game. What message does this send to the players?! That even though you've been suspended from playing the next game..it's more important to win..and it's no big deal if we put you in the game. Truly pathetic. EVERYONE on that team had to have been there when that player received his red card. The entire team is culpable. Starting with the coach, then the TA, the parents of the player, and everyone else.
Great job San Nicolas Academy!!!
Sounds like the Refs and Vegas Cup the right thing. What else do you want?

Sounds like the Refs and Vegas Cup the right thing. What else do you want?
I didn't ask for anything in my post did I? I'm simply putting it out there what happened and the conduct of this team by the coach, ta, parents, and sadly even the players. (They are old enough to know that if you get a red card you miss the next game.) It's sad to see what teams will do for a plastic trophy that 30yrs from now these boys will have forgot about. But now I'm betting they'll remember the time they were on a soccer team back when they were 10yrs old and were dq'd for cheating.

Is that the post the lawyer is trying to remove because it names individuals?
What are you referring to? My mention of their names? Their names are online for everyone to see. No HIPAA violations were committed or anything like that.

I doubt my son will remember the team that was dq'd when he played a tournament in Vegas when he was 10. But I'm sure he'll remember the time he was 10yrs old playing a tournament in Vegas and we went to the Lion Habitat and we both got to feed a giraffe, and almost got pissed on by a lion!! :oops:

These are the former lions from the MGM Grand. There are signs posted that say a lion can spray up to 15ft away. For those that don't know (I didn't either)..I was expecting a male lion to lift his leg like a dog. Nope. They lift their tail and spray out the back. It was quite weird to see. Lol
If you have kids or grandkids and are out there I highly recommend it. It's not a very big place and you'll probably spend and hour or so there. It was going to be $50 for 2 adults and 2 kids but with dept. ID it came down to $36 for all of us.

Seems like a ton of silly and unnecessary drama for a team ranked ~1000th nationally. Parents seem silly, coaches seem misinformed at best, kids sound like they are mirroring the behavior. Looks like the teams from that club play tournaments only, so there isn't really a "league" to escalate to. Same set of coaches shows a San Nicolas team in 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008 age groups.

Seems like a ton of silly and unnecessary drama for a team ranked ~1000th nationally. Parents seem silly, coaches seem misinformed at best, kids sound like they are mirroring the behavior. Looks like the teams from that club play tournaments only, so there isn't really a "league" to escalate to. Same set of coaches shows a San Nicolas team in 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008 age groups.

Lots of unnecessary drama. Parents were jerks..talking smack after the game on the way to the cars. We shrugged it off. Coaches were anything but misinformed. There isn't a coach out there that doesn't know you miss a game after a red card. No need to escalate things further. Just wanted to shine some light on them for the crap they pulled...or tried pulling.

Back