Roll Call - (2009s)

Has there been any ECNL player movement yet for the '22-23' season?

Whoa, what happened MARS?

We didn't want to leave but Bethesda as a Club is going through major management issues with a lack of focus on what matters most to the players and families. Multiple age groups have lost more players than expected. I could go on and on and on about the reasons why, but it doesn't matter here. I sincerely hope the Club can figure it out as we love the families and players.

As for our area, Pipeline ECNL is too far and has similar problems. Virginia Union ECNL has too much traffic.

A little background.....Despite FC Virginia being GA (we all know ECNL is the superior league!!!), they are currently considered a top 15 overall club in the US, putting more players in P5 schools and more players in USYNT Regional Pool than any club in our area. They have two players currently on USYNT rosters and one on the USWNT (Emily Fox). The Director at FCV was Rose Lavelle's coach and trainer at Cinci CUP before taking the job at FCV. FCV has over a 20 players currently playing in the ACC alone.

Currently FCV is on top or 2nd in every age group in the Mid-Atlantic conference except the 2009s. This should result in continued college recruiting among other things. Knowing the 2009s had a major hole to fill, my DD and a starting mid-fielder decided it was a big opportunity that we should take. We also found out afterwards that 4 players from another top club in the area have joined.

I don't know what it is like in SoCal, but here, we are not wealthy. No way can we afford to pay for college. Other than my daughter staying dedicated to soccer, staying out of trouble, and most importantly, keeping her 4.0 GPA, I would just like to see a little return on our investment and DD to get into the college of her choice (for educational purposes). FC Virginia provides the best opportunity for this to happen. Yes, I wish it was ECNL but our choices in the area are slim to none.

We didn't want to leave but Bethesda as a Club is going through major management issues with a lack of focus on what matters most to the players and families. Multiple age groups have lost more players than expected. I could go on and on and on about the reasons why, but it doesn't matter here. I sincerely hope the Club can figure it out as we love the families and players.

As for our area, Pipeline ECNL is too far and has similar problems. Virginia Union ECNL has too much traffic.

A little background.....Despite FC Virginia being GA (we all know ECNL is the superior league!!!), they are currently considered a top 15 overall club in the US, putting more players in P5 schools and more players in USYNT Regional Pool than any club in our area. They have two players currently on USYNT rosters and one on the USWNT (Emily Fox). The Director at FCV was Rose Lavelle's coach and trainer at Cinci CUP before taking the job at FCV. FCV has over a 20 players currently playing in the ACC alone.

Currently FCV is on top or 2nd in every age group in the Mid-Atlantic conference except the 2009s. This should result in continued college recruiting among other things. Knowing the 2009s had a major hole to fill, my DD and a starting mid-fielder decided it was a big opportunity that we should take. We also found out afterwards that 4 players from another top club in the area have joined.

I don't know what it is like in SoCal, but here, we are not wealthy. No way can we afford to pay for college. Other than my daughter staying dedicated to soccer, staying out of trouble, and most importantly, keeping her 4.0 GPA, I would just like to see a little return on our investment and DD to get into the college of her choice (for educational purposes). FC Virginia provides the best opportunity for this to happen. Yes, I wish it was ECNL but our choices in the area are slim to none.
Good luck to you and your Dee Dee. I’ve always admired FC Virginia after playing them several times in GDA.

In SoCal there's all kinds of players doing GA over ECNL for the exact reasons you've relayed.

As a parent do you want to drive an hour (both ways) in traffic 3-4 days a week just to be part of a specific league? Does it really matter? Maybe yes maybe no.

There's a lot of parents on this forum that think the world ends at ECNL. In the real world there's all kinds of players (YMCA, Socal, Futsal, GA, NPL, DPL, Arena, etc) their parents just aren't as vocal.

In SoCal there's all kinds of players doing GA over ECNL for the exact reasons you've relayed.

As a parent do you want to drive an hour (both ways) in traffic 3-4 days a week just to be part of a specific league?
Yeah - hard no for us.

It’s just not important enough (to us at least) to add 8-10+ hours of weekly practice commute.

Changing teams is not an easy ask, hope everything works out for you guys. Was hoping I would meet MARS in the flesh in Seattle but looks like you guys had a competitive division.

Back