RO-LIFE WIN: Democrat Governor Of Louisiana Signs Major Abortion Ban
gettyimages-592215710_0.jpg

Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images

amanda-prestigiacomo.jpg

By AMANDA PRESTIGIACOMO
@AMANDAPRESTO
May 30, 2019
4.2k views

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards, a pro-life Democrat, signed a “heartbeat” bill into law on Thursday, banning abortions in the state after unborn babies’ heartbeats are detected (around six-weeks gestation). Like other recent pro-life legation, SB 184 does not include exceptions for rape or incest.

Daily Wire TV

CLICK TO PLAY

Alabama Senate Passes Near-Total Abortion Ban Bill

On Wednesday, Gov. Edwards released a statement via Twitter regarding his support for the bill.

“In 2015, I ran for governor as a pro-life candidate after serving as a pro-life legislator for eight years,” he said. “As governor, I have been true to my word and my beliefs on this issue.”

“I know there are many who feel just as strongly as I do on abortion and disagree with me — and I respect their opinions,” the Democrat continued. “As I prepare to sign this bill, I call on the overwhelming bipartisan majority of legislators who voted for it to join me in continuing to build a better Louisiana that cares for the least amount us and provides more opportunity for everyone.”

As noted by The Hill, Louisiana is just the latest state to join in on sweeping pro-life bills across the nation; Georgia, Mississippi, Kentucky, Ohio, and Missouri have all passed “heartbeat” bills and earlier this month, Alabama Governor Kay Ivey (R) signed the country’s strictest abortion ban into law.
All slave states? Or just almost all.

Funny how the people who talk about the pitfalls of a two party system are the same people who try and put everyone in a two party system.
Who would that be? Seems you are once again fabricating a straw man to battle, good luck with that and remember, the straw man will win a stare off every time.

Back