NPL Boys announcement

The ENPL is a spring league only run by US Club Soccer. It has nothing to do with the fall season. The clubs will continue to play in their regular league in the fall season whether that's CSL, SCDSL or Presidio.
It's for the boys U14-U19 age groups only.
While it says 2017-2018 season, in several parts of the country, their ENPL's are the only league they play in because they only participate in US Club Soccer leagues. In SoCal it will start in spring of 2018.
This is a "B" team league for the boys DA clubs as you will notice only boys DA clubs are members. Much like what EGSL is on the girls side with the ECNL clubs.
Nothing to get excited about. It's just another spring league. No one is pulling out of their current fall league. They will only be pulling out of National Cup.

Ok but NPL in northcal has fall, winter, and spring seasons so not just a spring league.

In socal you can participate in a US club soccer league, US youth soccer league (Cal South; SCDSL, CSL, etc), ussda, and other leagues so there are options. In the past the SC NPL has been run in the spring only but the announcement says this is a new "NPL" and the teams are all new this time,

What are the "B" team for boys DA clubs you're referring to. Each club has one team per age group in the boys ussda league.

Some clubs like the LA Galaxy only have one team per age group, there is no "B" team. They have to form a new team for this and what league would they play in rest of the year if NPL is only spring?

"Kevin Payne, US Club Soccer CEO. “For players who are not playing in the Development Academy, ENPL will ensure a similarly outstanding, every-day training experience and fantastic competition.”

“Many top clubs have chosen to join the new NPL in Southern California to help bridge the gap between academy and club soccer by providing a consistent, competitive season throughout the spring,” said Jon Szczuka, Pateadores Senior Director of Coaching. “We are looking forward to exposing our players to further professional programming similar to what is provided within the USDA"

This is new and not all the info is out yet so let's see what the 8 member club plans are going forward?

IMO, those eight DA clubs will market the teams a "reserve" teams (or another clever title), these teams will be advertised within the club as another step on the tier before DA, these teams will be pay to play of course; and a little more watering down of the normal Fall circuit teams in DSL/CSL/et. al.

The ENPL is a spring league only run by US Club Soccer. It has nothing to do with the fall season. The clubs will continue to play in their regular league in the fall season whether that's CSL, SCDSL or Presidio.
It's for the boys U14-U19 age groups only.
While it says 2017-2018 season, in several parts of the country, their ENPL's are the only league they play in because they only participate in US Club Soccer leagues. In SoCal it will start in spring of 2018.
This is a "B" team league for the boys DA clubs as you will notice only boys DA clubs are members. Much like what EGSL is on the girls side with the ECNL clubs.
Nothing to get excited about. It's just another spring league. No one is pulling out of their current fall league. They will only be pulling out of National Cup.

could please you clarify :

Define U14 , is it calendar birth year or ?

If you play on a ENPL team for a DA club in spring league for 2019 would that be the same team you played with in 2018 fall league ( CSL , SCDSL ) ? Or is it a new team that just plays together in the ECNL spring league.

If it is the same team ( I think it is but please verify ) they would play ( CSL , SCDSL ) in fall and that same team would skip National Cup and play ECNL spring league ? So they (ENPL teams) for DA clubs would compete against other flight 1 club teams in fall then against themselves in the spring ?
And if the ENPL teams are so much better then other flight 1 club teams it seems that playing in the fall leagues ( CSL , SCDSL ) would be counter productive for both .

If the ENPL team for DA clubs is a new team formed just for the spring ( I don't think this is the case but not sure ) , they would pull their players from flight 1 club teams including their own ? If yes , how would other club flight 1 teams have any continuity for National Cup ?

I probably just don't understand the basics of how it is supposed to work. But I suspect there may be a few others like me also.

could please you clarify :

Define U14 , is it calendar birth year or ?

If you play on a ENPL team for a DA club in spring league for 2019 would that be the same team you played with in 2018 fall league ( CSL , SCDSL ) ? Or is it a new team that just plays together in the ECNL spring league.

If it is the same team ( I think it is but please verify ) they would play ( CSL , SCDSL ) in fall and that same team would skip National Cup and play ECNL spring league ? So they (ENPL teams) for DA clubs would compete against other flight 1 club teams in fall then against themselves in the spring ?
And if the ENPL teams are so much better then other flight 1 club teams it seems that playing in the fall leagues ( CSL , SCDSL ) would be counter productive for both .

If the ENPL team for DA clubs is a new team formed just for the spring ( I don't think this is the case but not sure ) , they would pull their players from flight 1 club teams including their own ? If yes , how would other club flight 1 teams have any continuity for National Cup ?

I probably just don't understand the basics of how it is supposed to work. But I suspect there may be a few others like me also.

Same birth year/age groups as USDA teams is what ENPL will be.

I posted a lengthy reply under the Boys ECNL thread so best just to check that reply than me having to repost the same information in 2 different threads.

One question you ask that I didn't address is the Flight 1 continuity for National Cup. The clubs will be able to put their teams together however they want for ENPL but they will have to be creative with how they manager their rosters to meet the requirements for National Cup for, what in essence, is their "C" team that would be playing National Cup. Basically, National Cup will be more watered down that it already is. The clubs have a year to figure it out.

Back