Next Level Soccer

El Doce

BRONZE
Any thoughts positive or negative on NLS? We know a lot of people that have gone over there. The club has mostly youngers 2011-2017 so not sure if this forum has parents from those age groups.

The owner is claiming to be a disruptor and has previously lashed out at the big clubs and in particular their 501 (3c) status. I just recently saw a post where they are opening 3 more places and turning into a 501 (3c), asking for donations.

I am all for change and the simplification of the letter leagues etc. Is this place on to something or or is it just a business model finding parents looking for greener pastures?

its a Academy model , to a degree. Start them young, train them correctly from the start rather most Starting at grassroots level or REC soccer which the coach is a parent who may or may not have the training to coach, We don't see them as ASA or SAA approved so they may just playing their own matches in house but without support from ASA or SAA, they more likely be refused in sanctioned tournaments because they are not associated with ASA or SAA, which are approved by USSF which USSF is member of FIFA

if they are growing then their inhouse league will grow.

There is a advantage being nonprofit rather for profit in youth sports.

Not sure what the issue is with clubs being 501c3...I actually have an issue where clubs are not 501c3 and are for-profit. Also don't see how a new club simplifies the letter league madness...that can only change if US Soccer steps in or if associations/leagues start to consolidate or work together.

If they claim to be a disruptor, then the cost should be substantially lower than competing clubs. Barring that, they are just using the disruptor label as a marketing tool.

I have seen some of their younger boys teams play and they are impressive. Much higher skill level than the majority of the larger club teams. Would be a good place to start your kid off before switching to an elite platform at 11v11 age.

I ref'ed a number of their 7v7 boys games this past spring. They were head and shoulders above each opponent. Small sample size, but impressive results. Not just in skill but in understanding the game at such a young age. Not sure what their full business plan is or what their soccer club plan is, but they may be a disruptive force. I believe competition in any market place is good. Time will tell.

No local information, but just looking at SR is pretty interesting. Here are what their youngers teams look like:

2014B: #3 in state, #130 nationally
2013B: #2 in state, #92 nationally
2012B: #1, #5, and #12 in state, #6, #275, and #509 nationally

Not sure if the model still works as they continue to mature - but something sure seems to be working so far.

From a distance it seems to me that most if not all of the clubs really struggle financially so im not sure being a non profit or not makes any difference.

From a distance it seems to me that most if not all of the clubs really struggle financially so im not sure being a non profit or not makes any difference.

Being a non-profit allows an entity to take donations from individuals that get preferential tax treatment for the individuals that make them, if all conditions are met.

No local information, but just looking at SR is pretty interesting. Here are what their youngers teams look like:

2014B: #3 in state, #130 nationally
2013B: #2 in state, #92 nationally
2012B: #1, #5, and #12 in state, #6, #275, and #509 nationally

Not sure if the model still works as they continue to mature - but something sure seems to be working so far.

2012 Black their top team is 7 Nationally ranked
2013 is 77 Nationally ranked.
2014 is now 137 Nationally ranked.

their system works for one reason, while everyone is doing REC, they get quality coaching and training from day one. they use the Karate belt color system, instead of a belt its a Pennie, to help motivate the players to strive to succeed. Great niche for young players.

Update on this. They seem to have improved over the year. Looks like Arizona is closing the gap on socal over the last few years in a few younger age groups. They just opened a new indoor and have an outdoor facility. Where is the money coming from?

Looks to be a leading program at this point, at least in terms of results of their top team. Top 5 in state from 2016B through 2011B, Top 1 in state from 2013B to 2011B, and top 20 in country for 2012B and 2011B.

Next Level.png

Update on this. They seem to have improved over the year. Looks like Arizona is closing the gap on socal over the last few years in a few younger age groups. They just opened a new indoor and have an outdoor facility. Where is the money coming from?
I believe this is owned by the same guy that does FC Arizona. Jaime Landerman. Primary business is landscaping but big into soccer.

Back