Is playing with a cast allowed?

justneededaname

SILVER ELITE
If a player has a hard cast that covers the lower arm and several of their fingers, will they be allowed to play if they cover it with something padded?

It looks like from the Socal Soccer League rules the answer is no casts. I could not find rules for other leagues.

What instructions are the refs given?

Playing with a hard cast is absolutely NOT allowed. It is a danger to players on the field. That same goes for casts that may have metal/plastic inside of them for support. Yes, this also applies to soft casts that may have metal/hard plastic support within them.

Its not a league rule but an IFAB law so no leagues should be allowing it.
I'm seeing exceptions every once in a while in some tournaments with bubble wrap, foam, etc. After two years of covid there were kids/coaches feeling behind and the kids who were injured we're missing showcases so some expecptions were being made.

Go read this thread starting with my post on kids injurying themselves worse that where they started..
Then watch the youtube video in post #12 of the girls falling with a cast, then skip to post #39.

Said differently. If an officiating crew allowed it, you should be aware that it creates a balance and controll issue for the player which can result in injury to themselves, not just others.

There is a little more added to this, the concept of 'liability'. If any referee, association, or club were to allow the no cast rule to be circumvented, they are accepting full liability, should anything happen. This is California...........

Back